Thread: Haro?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Haro?

i just wondering what you guys think of the haro extreme series and the escape series? Whats the most expencive in both the extreme and the escape? Are they good for the money? i was just wondering thanks
    kevin

mtbr member

i ride a haro!

Haro's made me a believer!! I've got a 2004 Haro Extreme X2 ($1,100 new), and i love it... i haven't really looked into the escape series, so i can't speak on those, but i'm very happy with my X2... the frame geometry is different with the 2005 Extreme X series, it's definitely a free-ride/down-hill bike now as opposed to the '04, which is more of an all-mountain set up if you ask me... i ride all-mountain, and it's been great, but if you do down-hill or free-ridin', i'd go with the 2005 X3 (probably around $2,000)... the components on the '05s are much better than the '04s too... my X2 came with a zokie EXR Pro, and it sucked... i just ordered an '05 Vanilla 130 RLC, which should completely transfrom this bike... the best thing is the strong frame: they're affordable and very solid...

here's Haro's link... no price though...

http://harobikes.com/mtb/extreme-x3.php

hope that helps...

mtbr member
    I have a '01 Escape 8.2 and I LOVE it. I payed a little over $700 for it new on an end of the season close-out deal(it's normaly $800 somthing I think). Its a little on the heavy side but with that little bit of extra weight you get an extremly tough and rugged frame, it has full Shimano Deore component set which is fine for a light rider like me who isint very tough on components and it came with Tektro discs which deff. arent the greatest but they get the job done. I just put a new handlebar and shorter stem on it and it has really improved the bikes handling performance, I also added a'03 Manitou Black fork which is a great mod. to the bike, very plush fork.
    Haro's are very good bikes overall.
    -Nate
    Remember, "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".-D.Ritchie

mtbr member
    i love mine here is a theard with a bunch of other haro riders. mine is the first one
    any haro riders

mtbr member
    My Bike With New 2005 Vanilla RLC fork...

Riding with...

Search

use search, i have replied to about 5 threads about this in the past month, just use search.

i got one though, it kicks ass.

Kevin,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Isn't the proper etiquette on this forum to wait until he posts a picture of himself dropping it, and then spend 70 posts arguing about how big it is? I mean, let's not jump the gun, without a pic of his bike in the air, we can't have photoshopped triagulations and geometrical equations showing why it's really 2 feet and not 22 feet.
    "Quick, pass the bike up again so i can hit it before it starts to hurt!!"

AIM: Haroracer842

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    good value one of the most under valued lines from a very large company
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

mtbr member
    You need a heavier spring for your rear Vanilla R shock. Your only supposed to have two turns on the ring...max. From your pic it looks like you got a lot more than two. Call Fox. They'll set you up for about 20 bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Banned

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by DH-MTB-05
    i just wondering what you guys think of the haro extreme series and the escape series? Whats the most expencive in both the extreme and the escape? Are they good for the money? i was just wondering thanks
    kevin
    Extreme x3 and Escape 8.3 are the priciest. They're solid bikes, and you get a lot for your money. Nothing fancy, but functional.

No, it just looks preloaded a lot, fox springs aren't as long as the threads go. You can go more than 2 turns... More like .5 to .75 inch. More preload just means that you loose the plushness.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkish
    You need a heavier spring for your rear Vanilla R shock. Your only supposed to have two turns on the ring...max. From your pic it looks like you got a lot more than two. Call Fox. They'll set you up for about 20 bucks.
    it is actually a heavy spring rate, just shorter than the lighter spring rates... it's not a fox though, cost about $25 and it's been great...

I don't sing sissy, I don't dance dummy
    I take your bling quickly, and your advance money

-- Sean Price, The God...

Columbus, GA
    I have a Haro V3 and it is a very reliable bike. My friend's dad has the Shift R3 and I have ridden on it and I really like it. My experiences with haro have been great.

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Love my X1. Great all mountain rig. Done a few upgrades, not much stock any longer.

mtbr member
    are those ergon grips too...? yours is the only other bike i've seen them on... they got a bad review in MBAction, but i love 'em...

I don't sing sissy, I don't dance dummy
    I take your bling quickly, and your advance money

-- Sean Price, The God...

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykosus
    are those ergon grips too...? yours is the only other bike i've seen them on... they got a bad review in MBAction, but i love 'em...

Yes they are. I think they are great as well. I have big paws and the Ergons are very comfotable.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by DH-MTB-05
    kevin
    I have an Escape 8.1 for the $ I dont think you can beat it.
    I love the frame, shock is OK, for the riding I do. I love it.
    Check out the reviews...http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_har...t_121501.shtml

All Mountain Rider
    Haro Hucker

All Mountain Rider
    Haro Hucker

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i ride a haro too. i just joined the forum im glad that other people ride haros too! well here is my almost done 2005 haro x3. need new brakes and el forko.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All Mountain Rider
    My new Shift R5
    Haro Hucker