Kneel Before Your Master

Good Deal on 2002 ICS 5.0

Hey guys, I am looking at getting a hardtail bike for some weekend fun. I don't plan on racing but it is possible. Anyways, I found a 2002 ICS 5.0. That seller is asking $550. Here is the component group. Let me know what you guys think. It even has dick brakes!

I've got something you may be interested in. I'm selling my hardtail. I've got too many bikes and can't ride them all. The bike is a 2002 Haro ICS 5.0. It was their top o' the line model in 02. Nothing on it is stock. It has full Shimano XTR except for XT hubs and cassette. The brakes are the XTR Hydraulics and the fork is a Manitou Mars. Everything has been taken very well care of and the bike itself has very low miles. I replaced the chainrings last summer. They might have a dozen rides on them. The bike was completely torn down last spring and everything was cleaned, lubed/greased, and repacked. This is a race-ready bike and will need no upgrades at all. It can handle anything you throw at it. It is listed as a 17.5/Med, but it fits like most 19 inchers. Haro bikes tend to run big. The top tube is 23.2 inches long. I'm 6'0 tall and it fits me better than any other bike I have ever owned.

$550.00 cash

Here are the specs:

frame: 2002 Haro ICS 5.0 T-6 7005 aluminum
    fork: 2001 Manitou Mars air 80mm - serviced last spring and has 1 ride since very light (3lbs) and has never leaked air on me shifters/brake levers: Shimano XTR M965 Dual Control
    brakes: Shimano XTR M965 Hydraulic
    front der: Shimano XTR M952
    rear der: Shimano XTR M952
    crankset: Shimano XTR M952 46-34-24 rings new last summer bottom bracket: Shimano XTR M952
    pedals: Shimano M959 (XTR level)
    cables: Shimano XTR
    hubs: Shimano XT M765 Centerlock
    rotors: Shimano XT Centerlock
    cassette: Shimano XT M750 12-34
    chain: Sram PC 951 new this spring (maybe 5 rides)
    rims: Mavic XC717 Disc 32h
    stem: Ritchey Pro 110mm
    handlebar: Ritchey Pro flat bar
    grips: Yeti Hardcore
    seatpost: Thomson 27.2 330mm
    saddle: WTB Rocket V
    tires: your choice of either 2.0 Maxxis Larsen TTs (racing) or 2.1 Panaracer Fire XC with yellow sidewall (excellent all conditions) - both sets are folding bead

accessories that will come with the bike include:
    Cateye Enduro bike computer
    new in box spare XTR M952 rear deraileur old chainrings if you want them (could come in handy in a pinch) extra der hanger

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogosia
    It even has dick brakes!

Kneel Before Your Master
    So does that mean anything or are you screwing with me. LOL I really would like to know if it is a good deal. I was suprised to see a used 2002 model bike with disc brakes. When I checked reviews it didn't look like this bike came with them back in the day. Anyone have any good useful info on this bike.

mtbr member
    I just thought it was funny, that's all.

I normally don't comment on whether or not a used bike is a good deal or not, but since I poked fun at your little typo, I'll make an exception. Keep in mind the frame is over 5 years old...that's not neccessarily a bad thing as long as it truly does have low miles as the seller claims. Alloy frames that have been raced and ridden hard can sometimes start developing cracks after several seasons of trail (ab)use. Just check the welds over and inspect the frame for any signs of cracking. It has a nice mix of newer/older XTR...even old XTR still rides nice.

The ICS frames were really nice hardtail frames. It's what our pro XC guys raced on until we developed the carbon-rear XCR frames for them.

Heck, offer the guy $475 cash and see if he bites on it. Worst he can do is say no.

Kneel Before Your Master
    Thanks. Good information to know. I tried to ask him if he would go lower and he said he already felt guilty selling it for that amount. He sent me pictures and it is really clean looking. I'll have to think about it.

Kneel Before Your Master
    Well I ended up buying it. Seems like a solid lightweight bike. Really it is just what I was looking for. Anyone else ride a ICS 5.0 Still?

Kneel Before Your Master
    Here is a picture. This is like my own thread to myself. LOL

[IMG]2002 Haro ICS 5.0[/IMG]
    Last edited by mbogosia; 03-04-2008 at 07:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Wow! That's flashy! Nice looking ride you have there.

Kneel Before Your Master
    LOL, Thanks. Good thing you visit this part of the forum. I would feel very alone. What are you riding right now? Do you have a hardtail also? I am pumped to get back on one. FS is nice but it just sucks so much of your energy from trying to move the extra weight and the bobbing from suspension.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    jill is a haro employ and she owns about ten of everything. check out the boar roll call show us your haro thread and you can get a glimpse of jills stable.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMeek
    jill is a haro employ and she owns about ten of everything. check out the boar roll call show us your haro thread and you can get a glimpse of jills stable.
    Bikes are like puppies...they just follow me home and I can't bear to take them to the pound.