mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Flightline Two, suggested upgrades?

Hey All

I'm new to the forums, and pretty new to mountain biking.

A few months back I picked up a 2009 Flightline Two for $600AUD, in matte black of course . The first thing I did was swap out the Dinovo tyres it came with for Kenda Small Block Eights. Now I have some money sitting around and I'm wondering what to upgrade.

The weakest points on the bike seem to be the Acera 8spd rear mech and the SR suntour lockout forks.

I mainly do road riding, with a bit of trail work here and there, and have around $350 to spend.

Cheers

Jeroen

P.S. Does anyone know the size of the tube where the forks steerer goes through? It looks a bit narrower than that on my mates Scott Aspect 45.

ride hard take risks
    G'day Jeroen and welcome to the Haro forum.

The steer tube is 1 1/8 pretty much industry standard now a dayz.

Tough call on what to update first sounds like their are 2 things buggin you right now. I would narrow it down as to which is the most frustrating thing for you and replace that first.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    After some checking around, bought front and back SLX derailleurs. I know they go on 9 speed hubs, but there are a few people who have them running perfectly on 8 speed cassettes (its ALL in the shifters ).

Will install them tomorrow and post pics. They look 1000 times better than the boring Acera, so thats a plus.