mtbr member
    May 2008

extreme x6 lt or comp

is the comp the new replacement? i literally ordered the LT the other day from my LBS and now when i go to the haro website it has the comp instead and its got different brakes, forks and better components. wtf. same price it looks like. im calling my LBS tomorrow to find out whats up. i want the comp if its better!

mtbr member
    You want the Comp ....
    Last edited by cascaderider9; 05-29-2008 at 10:37 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cascaderider9
    You want the LT....

why is that? reasons?

mtbr member
    The LT is a Fall 2008 bike and the Comp is a Srping 2008 bike. The frames are identical. The Comp has the better spec of the two bikes...better fork, rear der, shifters, brakes, and cockpit components.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    it woulda been nice if my LBS told me about this. i remember him flipping through the catalog and apparantly it was the spring one and he couldnt find the LT. i saw him flip to the comp and thought it was an old catalog or something. what a douche bag. im gonna call them up and see whats up with maybe switching my order or something. im sure its too late though. oh well

mtbr member
    Just as an FYI, we are out of stock on the X6 Comps already and only have 14" sizes in the LT. We sold out of Comps a lot sooner than we expected...we'll be getting Fall X6bikes in September, give or take.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    well the guy checked availability on the x6 LT before he ordered it. said they had a 18" so i hope he wasnt BS'ing me.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    well jill was right. haro is out of the x6. and if i really want either one, its gonna take 2 months to get it. but my LBS offered me a solution in the form of a Xeon at the same price i paid for the x6. i jumped on that band wagon. its lighter, has about the same suspension. i do like coil sprung rear suspension better than the air shock that the Xeon comes with, but hey i can deal. looks like the rock shox pearl 3.1 gets really good reviews. and both bikes come with the same brakes, and components. and i dont have to wait 2 months to get it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    good for you. the xeon is a sweet ride. post some pics once you get it.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    for sure. i liked the x6 just cuz it was geared more towards downhilling, but im sure either bike can handle way more than anything i could ever dish out. although i do like to crash a lot.

ill definetly post some pics new, and then try and get some action shots. we have some sweet downhills that run on either side of my street. nice hits and can carry a lot of speed. we'll see how much faster i can go with a bike with working suspension and a chain that doesnt flop off all the time

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    what was the previous ride???

mtbr member
    May 2008
    a trek 4500 hardtail i bought in 2002. served its purpose and ill still keep it. needs to get an overhaul though. forks are blown, sprokets are bent etc. but it works. just wanted something full suspension for the downhilling we do near my house. its pretty sketchy on my 4500

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    i have a trek 820 from 05, maybe (man its been a long time)! not a fan, so i upped to an escape(im too poor for fs). love it so far. unbelievably fun ride...enjoy the xeon!