Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    oooh, shiny...

downhilljill to the white courtesy phone.

I just found a MAJOR crack in my frame and need to get it warrantied ASAP. What can I do to make sure I have a new rear triangle in my hands by March 11th?

Thanks for all your help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Mine broke in the same place.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Contact Haro, they warranty frames.

ride hard take risks
    If you need warranty assistance you should go to the Haro web site all your info is their if not they have a email. http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/subNav3.php
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ouch, thats a mean break

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    A mate of mine broke his there too. I broke two frames on the down tube.

Ive switched to another bike now.

mtbr member
    PLease take the bike to your local Haro dealer! They'll be happy to help you with this.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey DownhillJill

Andrew from Brisbane Australia here. My Sonix has a crack in the same spot as the frame pictured above (just found out yesterday and have only just stopped crying).

But ... I bought it second hand as an unused frame. I'm not expecting Haro Australia to cover that as a warranty, but I have emailed them all the same.

I'm incredibly disappointed that my Sonix is broken and would be interested in finding out how to get another frame (sans shock) and how much? (Or even just a rear triangle?)

thanks ... the Sonix has been an awesome bike to ride.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear about that! Contact your local Haro dealer...they will contact our distributor and go from there. Keep us posted how it turns out!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    Sorry to hear about that! Contact your local Haro dealer...they will contact our distributor and go from there. Keep us posted how it turns out!
    Some positive news ... a local shop that is run by friends of mine (even though it isn't my regular LBS) is a Haro dealer. So they rang the warranty section of Pacific Brands, who are the Haro distributor in Australia.

So, yes, I can get (buy, cos its not a warranty claim) a replacement rear triangle. But no, there's none available at the moment because they just sent two out in the last week. More are on order.

This is both good ('cos I can get my Sonix fixed), and bad (because it seems to be a relatively common event).

I'm hopeful of getting the Sonix fixed and back out on the trail ... but what's the likelihood of this all happening again in six months time?

ride hard take risks
    Since the Sonix has been around for 4+ years 2 swing arm assembly failures is nothing to worry about. Failures are going to happen with anything including us, nice thin with something like a swing arm is it can be redesigned if needed.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Since the Sonix has been around for 4+ years 2 swing arm assembly failures is nothing to worry about. Failures are going to happen with anything including us, nice thin with something like a swing arm is it can be redesigned if needed.
    Hmmm, I think you're trying to reassure me, which is nice of you.

But this one particular thread right here has information about six Sonix frames failing, at least four in the same way ... cracked around the bottom bracket. So I'm not really all that reassured.

No matter, I'm still getting the thing fixed, and I hope it turns out to be trouble free. But I'll starting saving for its replacement down the track, nonetheless.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ademack
    Hmmm, I think you're trying to reassure me, which is nice of you.

But this one particular thread right here has information about six Sonix frames failing, at least four in the same way ... cracked around the bottom bracket. So I'm not really all that reassured.

No matter, I'm still getting the thing fixed, and I hope it turns out to be trouble free. But I'll starting saving for its replacement down the track, nonetheless.
    Ok so we have 1.5 failures per year posted here and how many frames weer made and sold in this 4 year time frame?? The numbers dont equal catastrophic or recall status in my eyes. Things will fail mostly in the first generation stages even after hours and years of intense testing thats a fact. The car you drive has a failure age built into most of its components, I highly doubt most bike frame manufactures have a failure age built into them. A stress limit yes which should be beyond what we can inflict on them but possible failure does exist. A simple way of looking at this is car tires have a millage advertised on their life if your enjoying your driving you will wear your tires out before their advertised time. Are you the person that goes back the the tire shop and get a warranty replacement??
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Ok so we have 1.5 failures per year posted here and how many frames weer made and sold in this 4 year time frame?? The numbers dont equal catastrophic or recall status in my eyes. Things will fail mostly in the first generation stages even after hours and years of intense testing thats a fact. The car you drive has a failure age built into most of its components, I highly doubt most bike frame manufactures have a failure age built into them. A stress limit yes which should be beyond what we can inflict on them but possible failure does exist. A simple way of looking at this is car tires have a millage advertised on their life if your enjoying your driving you will wear your tires out before their advertised time. Are you the person that goes back the the tire shop and get a warranty replacement??
    That's all well and good, but I doubt the sonix owners that frequent this haro forum are barely a percentage of sonix owners in general. With that said, and the fact that the frame part he needs is "out of stock" leads me to believe this could be a bigger problem than what's shown here. If multiple frames are breaking in the same exact place, that's a problem, and it needs to be looked into IMO.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz
    That's all well and good, but I doubt the sonix owners that frequent this haro forum are barely a percentage of sonix owners in general. With that said, and the fact that the frame part he needs is "out of stock" leads me to believe this could be a bigger problem than what's shown here. If multiple frames are breaking in the same exact place, that's a problem, and it needs to be looked into IMO.
    ademack is in Australia which is were they are BO, no I dont know availability in the States.

If their is indeed a problem Im sure Haro has and or is looking into it, they have been in business for a long time for a reason, relax bro.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    May 2009
    And the good news is that a replacement rear triangle is only going to cost me $220. The "bad" news is that its brown (as the current Sonix frames on-sale here are brown), so my Sonix will be two-tone: white & brown. I'll post a pic when its put back together, because I'm sure that there can't be many two-tone Sonixes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    white brown may look really good. Although I thought the frame had a lifetime warranty? So why are you paying?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Answer was earlier in the thread.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    And my bike is now fixed and back in use. See the pix of the only two-tone white-and-brown Sonix in Brisbane, Australia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails downhilljill to the white courtesy phone.-haro_two-tone.jpg  

ride hard take risks
    And my bike is now fixed and back in use. See the pix of the only two-tone white-and-brown Sonix in Brisbane, Australia.
    Definitely stands out.

Do you ride DH or moto??
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Definitely stands out.

Do you ride DH or moto??
    I ride (& occasionally race) cross country, but also don't quite understand what you're getting at?

ride hard take risks
    I ride (& occasionally race) cross country, but also don't quite understand what you're getting at?
    Brake levers are position, DH moto style.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Where can I find the rear triangle? :-(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails downhilljill to the white courtesy phone.-x_24033a565-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%8F-2-.jpg  

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpvt
    Where can I find the rear triangle? :-(
    Go visit your Haro LBS they will call Haro for availability and pricing.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Go visit your Haro LBS they will call Haro for availability and pricing.
    Yeah, what he said....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast