Thread: Chain Issue

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Chain Issue

First things first. New to the forum and mountain bikes. Just bought my first mountain bike a couple weeks ago, Haro Extreme X6. No bashing the bike please, I thought it would be a good place to start. Haven't rode anything without a throttle in a long time but wanted something I could beat up. It appeared to be strong, I'll know soon enough.

So I'm having fun riding my bike and starting to jump a bit. On the approach, under heavy acceleration (if you will) my chain will slip/skip/change gears/etc. Is there anything I can add, like a guide, to help eliminate this? Thanks for any and all help. It's a 2010 Haro Extreme X6. Hope that is all the info needed, as I don't know anything elseabout it.

mtbr member
    Gears adj correctly? Chain length ok?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Checked and adjusted by Sun & Ski in Houston

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hi, I had a similar problem on my 2005 Extreme X3. It changed / slipped gears when accelerating, Checked my rear mech, it felt like the spring had weakened so wasn't holding the chain in line. Replaced the rear mech and no more slipping.
    I've also added an E-13 DRS 'cos the chain would jump off the front ring after landing some drops.