mtbr member

Bring back the X 7 (Or buy one used)

Howdy everybody I haven't posted here in several years. Well I just sold my 2006 X7 and now I'm on a slothy Demo 8 and a RM Slayer SS but I really wish I didn't sell my X7 now.

I rode that thing at Black Rock and Willamette Pass from 2007 to 2013 all stock never had the forks worked on nor the rear shock. I never had a problem and the only thing I upgraded was the brakes and a roller guide.

This year at the first shuttle at Black Rock I rode my 2006 and I was looking around at all these $ 3-6000.00 bikes and I was riding a dated rig. The next month was a demo day and Norco, Kona, Banshee and Sram were at Black Rock and I got to ride 6 bikes shuttling and when I got on my X7 I felt like I was on something similar to the Banshees except my fork was lacking.

So I bought a Demo 8 built up with a Totem. I rode it several times and decided I wanted something easier to jump so I got the Slayer and it feels slothy too compared to my X7.

Lucky for me and since the price has always been affordable I bought 2 X7s years ago so I still have one. I dont know what the cost is now but I was just on the Haro site and see $2-3000.00 hardtails? It make me wonder why the BMX company hasn't brought back the X7 at least? I realize the Porter was aimed at the BMX'ers several years ago but seriously everything the Porter could do you could do on (2) X7s and more.

I still see several other X-7s up at Black Rock every time I go so I hope Haro is considering something similar... just a simple solid bike that hangs with the others.

mtbr member
    Only bike I'd let my X-6 go for would be a Transition Covert. Shame Haro dropped all their full suspension bikes. Also, Funny they built a 650b before it was trendy. Maybe one day they'll venture back.