mtbr member

Beasley SS with Easton EA 30?

Did Beasley Singlespeeds ever ship with EA 30 bars? I got bid-happy on eBay, and ended up with one advertised as "new in the box". It is pretty obviously a floor-model, which doesn't really bother me that much. What does bother me is that the seller appears to have stripped off the desirable (IMHO) Mary Bar.

So I'd just like to know: Did Haro make a running change on the bars they spec'd, or should the "new in box" bike have come with On One Mary bars?

mtbr member
    Hmmm...nope, we haven't spec'd Easton stuff in ages. All of the Beasley SS bikes had the On-One Mary bars on them. Some shops sold off these bars since they could get some good coin for them and replaced floor models with something else. That might be what you got.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    Some shops sold off these bars since they could get some good coin for them and replaced floor models with something else. That might be what you got.
    Thanks Jill. I much appreciate that you actually take time to respond in these forums.

Getting the wrong bar -- that will teach me not to get bid-happy at close to midnight when I'm not thinking clearly after working an almost 16-hour day. I bid without looking to see who the seller was. Afterwards, I recognized the seller name. Their reputation isn't so hot. Was too late though, and no one outbid me, so I sucked it up and paid.

I do like the bike though. The seller is the seller and the bike is the bike, and the bike is good.

mtbr member
    As long as everyone's happy, no harm, no foul! The Easton bars are awesome. If having the bike be completely "stock" is important to you, I'm sure you can find a set of On-One Mary bars somewhere. I see them on eBay from time to time for about $40 or so.

mtbr member
    Thanks Jill. I'm not worried about the bars per se. I'll give 'em away, probably. I have Mary bars laying around if I want 'em.

The harder question is what do I do w/the bike. I've two of them now. I did like running one as a neighborhood cruiser with a set of Kirk Pacenti's treadless, Pari-moto tires. I could keep the second one set up with the knobbies, so I don't have to swap tires when I want to go trail riding with the thing. I kinda like that idea. That's probably where I'm headed.