Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

Beasley 1x9, is the derailleur hanger the same...

as any other Haro models ? I just bent mine in a body-auger crash (clipped bar against tree, wheelspun and endo at speed) tonight and while I can probably straighten it with the park derailleur hanger tool, I'd still like to get some spares.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    as any other Haro models ? I just bent mine in a body-auger crash (clipped bar against tree, wheelspun and endo at speed) tonight and while I can probably straighten it with the park derailleur hanger tool, I'd still like to get some spares.
    Good luck. I would like a spare for my Mary 1x9 also. Folks at Wheels Mfg told me they do not have that model in production yet. Where are we supposed to get replacments?
    GapRider MTB
    aka Chuck Faulkner
    Tazewell TN 37879

http://www.jeffrothcyclingfoundation.org

huh?
    Jun 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think you or your LBS could get it direct from Haro.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm not sure about that. PatSS did not have a handle on the hanger when I last commented on it, but it seems like there ought to be a supply of hangers somewhere as the production of new bikes for the market continues on. Still it would be nice to have a couple hangers on hand rather than wait for an accident and then be down a couple of weeks while the LBS tries to locate a replacement. My LBS deals mostly through distributors and generally waits until they can meet an order minimum.

Here is the derailleur hanger for the Mary XC. Does the Beasley have one like this?

Last edited by gap_rider; 06-24-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    GapRider MTB
    aka Chuck Faulkner
    Tazewell TN 37879

mtbr member
    Yes, the Beasley bikes use the same hangers as the Mary bikes. Your local shop can order them directly from us.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks Jill. I will see what my LBS will do for me as I have the only Mary XC in this remote part of the country. So far I have had pretty good luck on the 29er after bending 2 hangers on my Flightline within a month.
    GapRider MTB
    aka Chuck Faulkner
    Tazewell TN 37879

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Did I jinx myself?

Quote Originally Posted by gap_rider
    So far I have had pretty good luck on the 29er after bending 2 hangers on my Flightline within a month.
    Went to the LBS yesterday to order spare derailleur hangers 2 for the Flightline, and 2 for the Mary. Riding my little single track loop this evening and sheared the hanger off the Mary, broke it clean off where it attaches in the dropout. Was trying to be really careful on the trail as there was quite a bit of debris from recent storms, but I managed to find a stick in the grass that I never saw. Funny, I was going clipless on the single track for the 1st time too. Good news is my feet came right out of the pedals without incident as I fell over. Also found out the shoes were pretty comfortable walking out too. for Shimano MO86. Looks like the Flightline gets the love this weekend.

Last edited by gap_rider; 07-17-2009 at 04:56 AM.
    GapRider MTB
    aka Chuck Faulkner
    Tazewell TN 37879