mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2005 Escape 8.2 Sizing Question

Ahh, this looks more like the right forum for my question. Thanks in advance for the advice. I have the opportunity to get a lightly used 2005 Haro 8.2 Escape with a size small frame. According to the internet the frame is 17.5" to the top of the seat tube. Is this going to be alright for me? Im 5'10" with about a 33-34" inseam. I know I should just ride it and give it a feel but the owner is a pretty far distance from me and I hate to go down there and waste my time. The reason Im concerned is that Ive heard the sizing of the Haros is a little different than most. I will be using this bike for a good bit of everything from general commuting and xc to urban freeriding. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ben212
    Ahh, this looks more like the right forum for my question. Thanks in advance for the advice. I have the opportunity to get a lightly used 2005 Haro 8.2 Escape with a size small frame. According to the internet the frame is 17.5" to the top of the seat tube. Is this going to be alright for me? Im 5'10" with about a 33-34" inseam. I know I should just ride it and give it a feel but the owner is a pretty far distance from me and I hate to go down there and waste my time. The reason Im concerned is that Ive heard the sizing of the Haros is a little different than most. I will be using this bike for a good bit of everything from general commuting and xc to urban freeriding. Thanks in advance.
    You might want to go ride the bike first. If you were only going to do urban stuff on this bike,I'd say the small would be fine but since you said you're going to commute and XC on it, I'm thinking you might be better off on the medium frame. I'm not at work so I don't have my 2005 spec file in front of me, but I'll try to remember to check the geometry to make sure that's indeed the small size.