mtbr member

07 Mary SS build HELP

Hi all,
    Wanting to build up my Mary SS frame that is completely bare of components. I have never built my own bike before and need a little help. First off, what size bottom bracket do I need? Also I noticed a lot of people in this forum have an Eccentric Bottom Bracket. Is that something I should look into and can I buy those aftermarket? Lastly, any suggestions from others success stories as far as any other parts? Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions and help!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Congrats on getting a Mary, frame. I've never built a bike up before but I've changed enough components to kinda figure it out. My suggestion would be to check out the Mary SS pics/info thread. See what people are running, wearing, sporting, sprocketing, handlebaring, seating, wheeling, rimming, etc, you get the idea and start looking for the pieces of your new Mary puzzle. Check back in when you have a question. Check back in when you added some bling. I'd sell you mine complete but I like it too much

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimtemmerly
    Hi all,
    Wanting to build up my Mary SS frame that is completely bare of components. I have never built my own bike before and need a little help. First off, what size bottom bracket do I need? Also I noticed a lot of people in this forum have an Eccentric Bottom Bracket. Is that something I should look into and can I buy those aftermarket? Lastly, any suggestions from others success stories as far as any other parts? Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions and help!
    An eccentric bottom bracket is an insert that goes into the frame that houses a standard bottom bracket. Does your Mary SS frame have the eccentric BB installed? This is going to look like a large aluminum cyllinder in the BB shell area held in place by two set screws on the underside of the shell. Any 68mm bottom bracket will thread into the eccentric BB insert. The spindle width of the BB will be determined by the cranks you buy, so it's a good idea to buy them together.