Thread: '07 Haro V3

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

'07 Haro V3

Whats the verdict on this bike? I cant find any review or opinions on the '07 model, most are really old and alot has changed on the bike so I cant really use those to judge. If any one doesnt know it here are the specs for the '07 v3. To be honest on paper I dont see anything better than this for the price of $399 at a local dealer. Im pretty new to MTB and if anyone is around my age. (30s) knows that Haro had good BMXs but that was LONG ago. Heck I remember when Mongoose was one of the best you could get, now they have those at Walmart. Anyways give me some advice on this one. Im also considering the Speclialized HardRock Sport and the Trek 4300....

Spec Name Haro V3
    Frame 6061-aluminum
    Fork SR SunTour XCM-MLO, 100mm-travel w/lockout
    Rims/Wheels Weinmann Zac 19
    Hubs Pivit
    Spokes 14g stainless-steel
    Tires Kenda Klaw, 26 x 2.1
    Crankset SR SunTour CW-XCC
    Chainwheel 22/32/44
    Front Derailleur Shimano
    Rear Derailleur Shimano Alivio
    Rear Cogs Shimano 8-speed: 11-32
    Shifters Shimano EZ-fire
    Handlebars Aluminum
    Tape/Grips Dual-density
    Stem Aluminum
    Brake Levers Shimano
    Brakes Tektro mechanical-disc
    Pedals ATB platform
    Saddle Selle Sport dual-density
    Seat Post Aluminum
    Seat Binder Aluminum quick-release

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    One look tells the tale: the V3 from Haro is a real off-road machine! You'll tame the toughest trails with confidence on its lightweight, low-stand-over-height 6061-aluminum frame and bump-busting SR SunTour 100mm-travel fork. Plus, this rugged and dependable ride sports reliable components from Shimano, Wienmann, Tektro and Kenda, including durable wheels, a 24-speed drivetrain. powerful mechanical-disc brakes and a great set of knobbies.
    THIS WAS A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE BIKE FROM AN AD FROM A DEAL. BUT I RIDE A HARO AND I AM A BIG FAN AND AM 30 YEARS OLD. THEY STILL MAKE A GOOD BIKE. WHAT I LEARNED UNDER MY SEARCH FOR A BIKE WAS THAT HARO SEEMED TO GIVE THE SAME OR A FEW UPGRADES THAN AN EQUAL BIKE FOR AROUND $20 TO $35 CHEAPER. I HAVE A 2007 HARO SHIFT R3 BUT GOT THAT BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PAY FOR COMPONENTS THAT I NEW I WAS UP GRADING RIGHT AWAY I PUT ANOTHER $1000 INTO IT IN LIKE TWO WEEKS OF HAVING IT. FOR THE PRICE YOU ARE PAYING I THINK YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH THAT BIKE, SHOOT TARGET HAS A BIKE FOR LIKE $379 PLUS SHIPPING AND YOU HAVE TO PUT IT TOGETHER, I THINK THAT THE HARO V3 IS ABOUT 20% BETTER THAN THAT BIKE AND IF YOU ARE GETTING IT FOR $399 IT IS A REAL GOOD DEAL, AT MY LOCAL BIKE SHOP THEY ARE ASKING $399 FOR THE V2 AND I LOOKED AT A V3 ON LINE AT ONE OF THE CHEAPEST STORES AND THEY WANTED $439 FOR IT. WHEN I GOT MY BIKE I LOOK AT A GAINT AND TREK. THE TREK WAS A LITTLE BETTER BUT $350 MORE THE GAINT WAS ABOUT EQUAL AND $59 MORE, SO HOPE THIS HELPED A LITTLE BIT.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

similar situation

I looked at the V3 a month or two ago at my LBS. Took for a test ride, and thought the bike was great for the money. It was on sale for $399 (normally $440 or so). I had done some test rides on a couple of giants at another store, and some fuji's, all in the $375-425 price range, I thought the haro was the best choice.
    BUT, I ended up upgrading, and getting an escape. Couple of reasons: 1. the escape was a little more suitable for my riding style. 2. the V-series bikes had been sold out, and were basically on back order from the manufacturer. This was 4-6 weeks ago, so I don't know what the status is now. I love my escape, and feel haro makes a nice bike. I am fairly new to mtb, and am 30 years old. Used to bmx a lot, but it's been years. My suggestion if you're still looking at any V-series bike, is to check w/ downhilljill about the status. Last I knew, haro was producing more models cause they'd sold out of them, but it was weeks ago now. She works for or at least is in direct contact with haro and all latest info on them. She can help a lot, she helped me making my choice, and I think i made the right one. Good luck

mtbr member
    Glad to hear you like your Escape! They rock!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hey downhilljill. I have an escape too, and in the future (not anytime near) I want to upgrade the fork, and the brakes. Im pretty sure Im going to upgrade to bb7's but I dontk now if I need to change the levers and cables too. BTW I have the normal escape. The Marzocchi MZ has a 120 mm fork, but I was wondering if I can get a bigger fork (130 mm) without jeopardizing anything. btw I also LOVE my escape. And I got mallet c's on it

mtbr member
    Sure, you can go with a 130mm fork. Just keep in mind it's going to change the geometry a little...your froont end will be a little taller and a little slacker.