Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa View Post
    Tires? Minions are pretty awesome....can't think of anything off hand that I've liked better.
    Yeah... I keep looking around for something better and just keep coming back to DHF. DHRII is pretty rad out back, though.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Yeah... I keep looking around for something better and just keep coming back to DHF. DHRII is pretty rad out back, though.
    Agree.

mtbr member
    Just as update, this is a Maxxix High Rolller II 2.3" with a Nextie 40mm:

Matt, I might try cutting down the center knobs of the Vigilante's to see if they fit with the 40mm Nextie Rim. If it fails to fit I think the tire will work better anyway.

Best,
    Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hey guys. I have a 2015 MT with the DBair Inline. I would like to try a different shock. If anyone is interested in a trade please message me. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLipman View Post
    Hey guys. I have a 2015 MT with the DBair Inline. I would like to try a different shock. If anyone is interested in a trade please message me. Thanks.
    Not interested, but I'd highly recommend a Monarch +. Went from a DB Inline to a M+ and I'm really happy with it.

Cheesiest
    I've been reading as much about the MT as possible and bugging Will with questions. I've almost got all the parts and just need to sell a couple things before I purchase the frame.

Can't wait!
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtbr member

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?

Drove up yesterday and picked up my Megatrail! It was great seeing the shop and meeting everyone! Couldn't ask for a friendlier group of guys! Despite not going to bed until 3am I woke up early to put on new Lyrik decals and snap some shots before hitting the trails this afternoon! Can't wait to post up some impressions! Here are some pics of the bike with new head badge!

Build:
    Med Frame
    Lyrik 180/150
    DB Air CS
    DT Swiss 471 Wheels
    Guide R breaks
    KS Lev 150 dropper
    GPX Drive Train
    Turbine Cranks 170
    Sixc Bars
    Atlas Stem 50mm
    WTB Volt Pro Saddle
    VX Trail Race Pedals

32 pounds

Hey, a Bright Shiny Thing
    May 2010
    That thing looks stout! Nice looking build, I'm digging the head tube decal. Go put thatthing to some good use!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JLipman View Post
    Hmm, looks like a few folks here aren't really digging the Inline. Mine pooped out on me after about 40 hours of riding, which was unfortunate. Thankfully they serviced it quickly and I should have it any day. I'm interested in trying out some different options too, but I'm not in a position to get another shock at the moment, so I am hoping it holds up. It looks like I should be able to do a lot of riding this year, so my Megatrail should get worked pretty good. It's almost dry enough to ride around here, I can't wait...

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I can't wait until they release details on the short-travel 29er that's in the works.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Quick impressions after about 15 miles of being on the bike. The Lyric 180/150 fork is amazing. Small bump compliance is fantastic and I'm plowing through stuff without the bike even flinching. My only problem so far is do I keep the fork at 180 or 150 while in trail mode ha ha. And Gravity mode is pure bliss! The DB Air CS is amazing too and seems to fit perfectly with the Lyric. Highly recommend this set up! As for climbing I still have my winter legs so need to get it some more time but it will climb up anything you want.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    Quick impressions after about 15 miles of being on the bike. The Lyric 180/150 fork is amazing. Small bump compliance is fantastic and I'm plowing through stuff without the bike even flinching. My only problem so far is do I keep the fork at 180 or 150 while in trail mode ha ha. And Gravity mode is pure bliss! The DB Air CS is amazing too and seems to fit perfectly with the Lyric. Highly recommend this set up! As for climbing I still have my winter legs so need to get it some more time but it will climb up anything you want.

Congrats on the Vital bike of the day! Sick build, for sure. Seems like with that fork, the Megatrail's two main modes are set even further apart, with 150/150 being perfectly willing and able to shred. I can't imagine how good 180/160 feels, especially with the sub 65* HA that you have.

Smart build, really!

mtbr member
    Congrats on the Vital bike of the day! Sick build, for sure. Seems like with that fork, the Megatrail's two main modes are set even further apart, with 150/150 being perfectly willing and able to shred. I can't imagine how good 180/160 feels, especially with the sub 65* HA that you have.

Smart build, really!
    Thanks man! Yeah, I can't wait to really push this rig on some good trails! The 180/150 combo works really well the DH too. Sadly, we are getting snow today so just need the summer to come!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1456248206.802948.jpg

Ha! 85* in SoCal for the last two weeks.

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456248206.802948.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	417.0 KB 
ID:	1051999

Ha! 85* in SoCal for the last two weeks.
    Ha ha I still wouldn't want to live there! Just moved from SoCal about 10 months ago and couldn't be happier! Don't miss the traffic, smog, cost of living, terrible politics, and did I mention traffic??

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    First of all, in terms of optimal locations for year round riding that don't happen to suck for various other reasons (read list by Andrew), I have two words for you: Southern Oregon.

Second, I too am enticed by the Lyrik as a fork for the Megatrail. I am currently very happy with my Stage and find it to have stellar performance, especially once up to speed, but the the 150/180 travel adjust Lyrik just seems like it would be ideal for the reasons that Kragu mentioned above.

Lastly, I know I promised a comparison of the ElevenSix vs. CCDB coil CS on the Megatail, but I think I am just going to sell the CCDB coil as new and run the ElevenSix; I just cant justify having a super nice spare shock laying around just in case, I would rather invest that $ into a hardtail build so that I have multiple bikes to choose from and a backup for when my ElevenSix needs to be serviced. So, if anyone is interested in a CCDB coil that is ready to drop in (I currently have a 550# spring), PM me.

mtbr member

Haters! I'm sure I could name 50 places better than LA for MTB, and obviously CO and OR better, but we do all right here. San Gabes, Santa Monicas, Cleveland, Laguna, Santa Barbara... not really all that bad!

Speaking of, what happened to that SoCal demo you were tentatively planning this winter, Matt? Still think you'd have a lot of interest at a well-traveled Mecca like Lags.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Confirmed. the Smorg is huge. Lots of clearance w/ the Tomahawk:)

Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    I'll confirm when I swap out for the Tomahawk tire. Here's what it looks like now with the Smorg:Attachment 1048762
    Clearance w/ the Tomahawk:
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_20160226_082756.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    I can't wait until they release details on the short-travel 29er that's in the works.
    More info on this, please!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by atekt View Post
    More info on this, please!
    Summer, 120mm, new tube set. That's all I know!

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Haters! I'm sure I could name 50 places better than LA for MTB, and obviously CO and OR better, but we do all right here. San Gabes, Santa Monicas, Cleveland, Laguna, Santa Barbara... not really all that bad!

Speaking of, what happened to that SoCal demo you were tentatively planning this winter, Matt? Still think you'd have a lot of interest at a well-traveled Mecca like Lags.
    Yeah, we always overbook ourselves for the winter...."we'll have a handful of months that are slow and we can get a lot of other stuff done" Then, all the sudden it's February. But, to that end, we did just have Thomas, our new Rider Support Manager, start at the Shredquarters, so that'll definitely help make more of those trips possible.

Cheesiest
    Just got word my MT will ship soon! I'll post pics and build when done!
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by intheways View Post
    Just got word my MT will ship soon! I'll post pics and build when done!
    Congrats. Such a great bike. I'll be a full year on my MT this May, and am still as gloriously exultant with it as ever. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Cheesiest
    New wheels waiting for a frame. Megatrail is stuck in the FedEx depot until Monday.
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-image.jpg

mtbr member
    New wheels waiting for a frame. Megatrail is stuck in the FedEx depot until Monday.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	1056342
    Great rubber combo. I'm using a Slaughter/2.5 DHF for now. Grip around these parts is pretty good with a quick storm every week or so. Probably run DHR II come May.

Cheesiest
    Great rubber combo. I'm using a Slaughter/2.5 DHF for now. Grip around these parts is pretty good with a quick storm every week or so. Probably run DHR II come May.

Good deal. I can't wait to get it on the trail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    FWIW; friggin' still love my MT!! Put a 3.0 on the front of my MT on LB 38mm rims. The 2.4 in the rear measures 2.6 on those rims. Nice combo!
    Guerilla Gravity stable: Megatrail, Trail Pistol, Pedalhead

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Anyone else here think that GG have earned their own brand thread in the Bike Manufacturers section?? I don't own a GG bike (as of yet) but the strides they are making in the industry with their bikes, their new purchase option to include local bike shops and just overall great reputation for a handmade in the USA company certainly gets my vote for this! Plus there's more activity in a couple of threads than many of the manu threads - so only seems logical !! Moderators - what say ye??

Cheesiest
    Aye!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

2.4 WTB on 38mm LB rims measures at 2.6 vs 3.0 WTB front on same 38mm LB rim

If you can ignore the freshly laid recycled dog food in the pic that I was unaware of......you'll see the meaty front tire here. It's a snug fit. If I keep it I'll have to put my 29 Pike on there. Love the MRP too much so trying to make it work. Will test'her out in Fruita this weekend!

2.4 is in the Pic on trail 3.0 is obviously the other one....

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-gg-mt-pic-gm-summit.jpgGuerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-wp_20160313_18_35_05_pro.jpg

mtbr member
    This thread is so full of stoke, so chances are slim, but I've got a buddy looking to get onto a MT frame on the cheap. Anyone selling their good-condition frame?

mtbr memeber

Cheesiest

Driveside crank clearance

I'm curious how much clearance y'all are getting between the chainstay and crank. Mine is adequate, but not very generous. It could just be a compatibility issue too.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Was going to sell mine but I love it too much. 26" and still running well !

Here it is with its 2016 components.

30.8lbs now. Quite light for such a burly bike.

French line enthusiast and expat in Denver

I like bikes, I really do.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierp View Post
    Was going to sell mine but I love it too much. 26" and still running well !

Here it is with its 2016 components.

30.8lbs now. Quite light for such a burly bike.

Can't get 650b or some 26+ mounted?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Matt offered me to buy a rear triangle to make the switch to 650b (reminder, the front triangle is also different), but honestly, I'm not doing it yet. I don't really see the point, apart from the BB drop.

I have a pair of 650b new LB carbon rims on hope pro II rear and SLX that I never rode for sale. Price is reduced if they go on a megatrail !

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-fullsizerender_1.jpg

Have owned a MT for about 6 months now and love this rig!! Demo'd a bunch of carbon bikes and I liked this best. The versatility is outstanding and when in gravity modes, the bike shreds like no other. With the low BB, the cornering ability is unmatched. Added DVO suspension recently and it's even better. The Diamond is better than Pike/Fox and the Jade helps bike rip even faster through chunkier stuff. I think about this bike when I go to sleep at night.

May 2010
    That greenfork/extra bits and bobs is nice looking. I feel like my MT is really the do it all master of shred.

Also answering a previous post..... My drive side crank clearance is very small, maybe 3-5 mm. I put some huge VP Harrier pedals on it and it hasn't been an issue at all.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    We've never heard of any crank arms rubbing, but we'll work a little additional clearance on future iterations for more peace of mind. Thanks for the feedback.

And, now, for some ride stoke:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1B...ew?usp=sharing

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    We've never heard of any crank arms rubbing, but we'll work a little additional clearance on future iterations for more peace of mind. Thanks for the feedback.
    I need to show you my bike then, insanely close clearance with next SL cranks. let's ride when the snow melts.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierp View Post
    I need to show you my bike then, insanely close clearance with next SL cranks. let's ride when the snow melts.
    There's certainly less room with those rubber booties, but yeah, let's ride when the snow melts, and I'll check it out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Anyone try an Avy Woodie or Chubie coil yet on their MT? Been holding out for the Push 11-6 but sounds like months away from a fatboy's spring weight. Checkin out some options.....

Cheesiest
    I finally got a trail ride on my MT. This thing rocks! I've been trying to find a bike like this for years.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-bryson_flinstones-drop.jpg

This bike surprises me more and more with every ride! Props to GG again on such a killer bike!

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Oh hell yeah! Can we post that on our social media pages? If so, can you send it to us via Bikes@Ridegg.com?

mtbr member

Name:	Bryson_Flinstones Drop.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	1060183

This bike surprises me more and more with every ride! Props to GG again on such a killer bike!
    Yew!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Oh hell yeah! Can we post that on our social media pages? If so, can you send it to us via Bikes@Ridegg.com?
    Of course! Email sent.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Anyone had any experience with both this and a Banshee Rune? I'm on a Rune now but its a few years old. Starting to get that itch for something new.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Flying Megatrails! That photo is sick!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I'm curious how much clearance y'all are getting between the chainstay and crank. Mine is adequate, but not very generous. It could just be a compatibility issue too.

Thanks
    Mine was extremly tight with the RF NEXT Cranks and boots. Literally only a couple mm. I could push my crank by hand and get it to touch chainstay. My foot or crank or both was rubbing the tape on chainstay so I cut the chain stay protection tape that was going down the side so it was just on top. That stuff is pretty thick so that gave me an additional couple mm. After doing this I could look down and see over 1/4" gap of crank-to-chainstay on non-drive side and probably less than 1/8" on drive side. Had bike tuned up at LBS a month or so after buying and they used spacers to even out and all is well now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Have had mine for about 8 months now. Pic on 4Runner is when I drove to Colorado to pick it up. Other pic is after new stealth decals for NOX rims and Pike.Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_0782.jpgGuerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_4297.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAYER2015 View Post
    Have had mine for about 8 months now. Pic on 4Runner is when I drove to Colorado to pick it up. Other pic is after new stealth decals for NOX rims and Pike.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0782.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	1061266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4297.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	1061267
    Sickness. Weight?

I helped a kid at my lbs find and build up a used MT frame. Thought it kind of cool to have two of them on my car:

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Sickness. Weight?
    Thanks. And cool pic.

Weight is 30.9 pounds. It is a Large. I am not sure how some are getting their claimed weights. I have seen similar reviews of larges claiming to be 29-30#, but all with heavier components, rims, pedals, brakes, stem, seat, etc. Below is my build so can maybe get to 30# with some tweaks, but not much less without sacrificing strength for weight...

• Frame Size: Large - 27.5” Wheels
    • Frame Color: Raw
    • Decal Color: Black
    • Fork - 160 mm Travel: Rock Shox Pike RC - Dual Position - Black
    • Shock: Cane Creek DB Air CS
    • Headset: Cane Creek 110 - Black
    • Stem: EASTON Haven 35 - 32 mm Long
    • Handlebar: Race Face Next - 20 mm rise
    • Grips: EASTON Lock-on, Black, 33mm
    • Brakeset - Includes 200F/180R Rotors: SRAM Guide RSC
    • Crankset: Race Face NextSL CINCH with black boots
    • Chainring: Race Face Narrow/Wide - CINCH - 30t - Black
    • Drivetrain: SRAM X01 - 11 Speed
    • Chainguide/Bash Guard: MRP AMG Carbon
    • Pedals: DEITY Bladerunner, Black
    • Saddle: WTB VOLT Team (ti rails and black on black)
    • Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth
    • Front Tire: Maxxis High Roller II
    • Rear Tire: Maxxis High Roller II
    • Wheelset - Tubeless: NOX FARLOW with I9 silver hubs, black spokes, black nipples, NOX stealth black decals

mtbr member
    I'll play...

I'm at 31.5 lbs with this build.

Frame Size: Medium - 27.5” Wheels
    Frame Color: Raw
    Decal Color: Black
    Fork: Rockshox Pike RC 160 - Black
    Shock: Rockshox Monarch Plus Debonair (RWC bushings)
    Headset: Cane Creek 40 - Black
    Stem: Spank Spike 35mm length
    Handlebar: Enve DH cut to 770
    Grips: Rental Kevlar
    Brakes: Hope Tech 3 E4, 203f/183r
    Crankset: Race Face Turbine Cinch
    Chainring: Race Face Narrow/Wide - Cinch - 30t - Black
    Drivetrain: SRAM X01 - 11 Speed
    Chainguide/Bash Guard: MRP AMG
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Mallet E
    Saddle: Fabric Scoop Shallow Elite
    Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb Stealth
    Front Tire: Maxis DHF 2.5
    Rear Tire: Maxxis DHR II 2.3
    Wheelset - Tubeless: Stan's Flow EX with I9 black hubs, black spokes, black nipples

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Shock: Rockshox Monarch Plus Debonair (RWC bushings)
    Nice build. Do you feel difference in those bushings? Or are they more just out of concern for wear and play?

mtbr member
    Nice build. Do you feel difference in those bushings? Or are they more just out of concern for wear and play?
    I felt a big difference in them when I was running the DB Inline, but the M+ is more supple at the top of the stroke than I had the Inline set up to be, which pedaled better, but was a little harsh. Essentially they played a role in getting the Inline to feel how I wanted it to at the top, while preserving pedaling efficiency. The M+ is much better than the Inline all around, except that it's already soft up top (too much?), I don't feel a difference with the RWC bushings in at all, and they're a little bit of a PITA when it comes to removing the rear bolt to change between Trail/Gravity modes. I'll probably take them off, but I really liked them on the Inline.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Good to know. Thank you for that info!

mtbr member
    Good to know. Thank you for that info!
    Yep! Any reason you went with Next cranks vs. the SixC's?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Yep! Any reason you went with Next cranks vs. the SixC's?
    Not really. I actually specified sixC, but Matt at Guerrilla said NEXT was good. Something about BMX and DH, but otherwise mostly same and and similar strength. I am bigger guy so was concerned, but at the same time not into crazy drops and such, so since so similar, I went with Next.

Cheesiest
    Finally got some decent pics. I'm loving this bike!

Build list

M GG Megatrail (CC DBInline)
    MRP Stage
    KS Ether bar
    Thomson 50mm stem
    KS LEV Integra 150mm (Thomson in the pics)
    RF Deus Cranks
    Pedaling Innovation pedals
    SRAM X9 Drivetrain (X1 soon)
    Hope hubs with Velocity Blunt SS rims
    Magura stoppers

mtbr member
    Awesome to see everyone loving there Megatrail as much as I do. Here's a quick 60 second raw edit I did on mine with the iPhone.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Well...thanks for making me stare out the window at work wanting to ride even more right now!! Looks like you're having fun! Thx for sharing

mtbr member
    Awesome to see everyone loving there Megatrail as much as I do. Here's a quick 60 second raw edit I did on mine with the iPhone.

Awesome. Where is this?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PattD View Post
    Well...thanks for making me stare out the window at work wanting to ride even more right now!! Looks like you're having fun! Thx for sharing
    Thanks!! I appreciate it!!

Awesome. Where is this?
    These are my local trails near Albuquerque, NM. Awesome riding and highly underrated!

mtbr member
    Thanks!! I appreciate it!!

These are my local trails near Albuquerque, NM. Awesome riding and highly underrated!
    Looks like some great stuff! Saw your profile said you were from Loma Linda... thought these might be in SoCal!

mtbr member
    Looks like some great stuff! Saw your profile said you were from Loma Linda... thought these might be in SoCal!
    Yeah, moved about a year ago and haven't looked back. But do miss the home trails that started my love for mountain biking.

mtbr member
    This is what one looks like right before you approach the "OTB/not OTB" line and land on the correct side.

mtbr member

Kinda late, but great video! Thanks for sharing.
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hey guys,

I'm still sitting on this CCDB CS coil (brand new, never been mounted and comes with a 550 lb spring) and after having just done my taxes I am willing to make someone a good deal so that I can pay Uncle Sam my dues....message me if your interested.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzon View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm still sitting on this CCDB CS coil (brand new, never been mounted and comes with a 550 lb spring) and after having just done my taxes I am willing to make someone a good deal so that I can pay Uncle Sam my dues....message me if your interested.
    I sent a pm but not sure it worked. May be interested how much you looking for?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi JL, I did recieve your message and responded.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Not really. I actually specified sixC, but Matt at Guerrilla said NEXT was good. Something about BMX and DH, but otherwise mostly same and and similar strength. I am bigger guy so was concerned, but at the same time not into crazy drops and such, so since so similar, I went with Next.
    We asked that question to RaceFace, and they are confident in the NextSL cranks for Megatrail usage, with the SixC being designed for DH and BMX, as mentioned. Otherwise, the weight difference between SixC and Turbine Cinch is not large, whereas the NextSL cranks drop some weight.

mtbr member

Name:	Bryson_Flinstones Drop.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	1060183

Dude! You got a Mega Trail? Nice. Awesome shot btw. I think I saw someone else post a photo of that same drop on mtb enthusiasts of UT fb page today. You've gotta show me around next time I'm in.

BTW, the higher trails have shed their winter snow pack here..... now if it will just stop raining the FTB preview can happen.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Feedback from experience would be great. Posted in the shock forum

Avalanche Woodie vs Push Eleven Six- Mtbr.com

Cheesiest
    Feedback from experience would be great. Posted in the shock forum

Avalanche Woodie vs Push Eleven Six- Mtbr.com
    I'm interested to hear, too. I have an MRP Raze on the way

mtbr member

Starting a new picture series! One bike to rule them all featuring the one and only Megatrail!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Starting a new picture series! One bike to rule them all featuring the one and only Megatrail!

That thing needs a cape!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I thought it was wearing one, then looked again. Must be ClarkKent mode.
    oops I wasn't clipped in

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    I thought it was wearing one, then looked again. Must be ClarkKent mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by albeant View Post
    That thing needs a cape!
    Ha ha he was in Trail Mode which is Clark Kent but then quickly switched to Superman to get down the mountain aka Gravity Mode.

Cheesiest
    Is anyone running a low direct mount (E-type/s3) chainguide on their MT?

May 2010
    I'll tag onto your post.....I'm looking for a top chain guide for my MT....Any ideas? OneUp has a new lightweight one. I switched to a 28t oval from Wolftooth to get my chainline better and have dropped the chain a few times now.

Cheesiest
    I grabbed an MRP 1X S3 mount and it works great. Mounting it took some work, because I think the MT uses a different mount style.

May 2010
    I ordered a One up guide. I've had good luck with their stuff in the past.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Here's my medium Megatrail, at around a year in. It sits at 30.00 pounds as pictured, with no carbon except for the bar.

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_0565.jpg

Stem, bar, seat qr, front wheel, and pedals are Syntace.
    XT r.d./Saint shifter 10s setup with Wolftooth 42t cog and One Up Radr cage.
    Rear wheel is DT 240s/Pacenti DL31.
    Minion DHF 2.5/DHR II 2.3
    X9 crankset w/ B-Labs 30t oval ring.
    Command Post IR and Silverado ti
    Cane Creek 110 hs
    Formula RO, 180mm rotors
    Arundel side-loader bottle cage, Ergon GA-2's
    Fox 36 RC2 and Monarch Plus Debbi

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Nice build Albeant! I'm almost a year in on mine and still finding new ways to dial it in even more.

I.have a question for MT owners....i developed an annoying creaking coming from one of the pivots. I'm on a road trip to Sedona so tearing the entire bike down in my hotel will.be challenging. I greased all of the main pivots but no luck. Anyone else have and solve this issue.?? Thoughts? Thx. Patt

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Nice build Albeant! I'm almost a year in on mine and still finding new ways to dial it in even more.

I.have a question for MT owners....i developed an annoying creaking coming from one of the pivots. I'm on a road trip to Sedona so tearing the entire bike down in my hotel will.be challenging. I greased all of the main pivots but no luck. Anyone else have and solve this issue.?? Thoughts? Thx. Patt
    Thanks! About the creak, I just got through some unnecessary disassembly chasing down a creak, and it ended up just being the main pivot. I pulled out and lightly greased the main pivot axle: creak gone. But it sounds like you did that already?

Also, in case you do end up disassembling the rocker, I'd suggest doing so methodically: there are spacers between the frame and rocker on the drive side of the bottom of the rocker and both sides of the top of the rocker, and it's nice to know exactly where they go back. My shitbag method involved drinking a beer, backing out all of the bolts on the rocker, and then watching in abject terror as a bunch of spacers plinked to the garage floor and scattered themselves like the tribes of Israel.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Lol! Ok cool. I just did the pivot bolts ill try the main pivot and rockers tonight. With beer as that's a perfect mix. Hopefully no flying spacers. Appreciate the info....trying to do as little as possible to fix while im gone. Have a habit of screwing stuff up! Thx

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    The main pivot axle adjust has fixed several creaks before that I've seen. Before removing it, you can try loosening the pinch bolt, back off the main pivot, re-snug it, re-tighten pinch bolt, and you may be done.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

double check your rear axle. make sure it's clean and tight enough. I had some creaking when it was a little loose.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-wp_ss_20160605_0018.jpgGuerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-v__f0c4-1-.jpgGuerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-wp_ss_20160605_0007.jpgGuerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-wp_ss_20160605_0009.jpgGuerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-wp_ss_20160605_0004.jpgName:  wp_ss_20160605_0001.png
Views: 867
Size:  329.7 KB

Creak fixes worked great! Not sure if it was the rear axle or main pivot being cleaned completely but it was quiet and smooth. Sedona Thanks you!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Glad you got it sorted. Haven't made it out to Sedona yet, but it looks fun!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Looking to get some feedback from those of you using the Lyrik 180/150 fork. When changing from travel modes is there any affect on your air spring curve which would change the feeling of the fork? I have a 15 fox 36 talas that's 150/110 and the change in 40mm of travel makes the fork in the 110 mode feel harsh and almost locked out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Update on what rear tire fits

One of the few issues w/ the Megatrail is the rear tire clearance, specifically the height. Here's an update on what I've found fits and does not:

Fits:
    Maxxis Tomahawk 2.3. wears waaaaay to fast. one trip to moab, and they were toast.
    On One Smorgasbord 2.25. barely fits, short lugs (shorter than the 29er version)
    On One Chunky Monkey 2.4. barely fits and this was a used tire. not sure a new tire would fit)
    Michelin Wild Grip'R2 2.35 Advanced TR. looks good. here's a pic:
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_20160226_082756.jpg

does NOT fit:
    WTB Breakout 2.5. pic:
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_20160520_183934.jpg

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Cytoe: I would try the Maxxis DHR2 in Dual Compound. A 3C tire (presumably the Tomahawk you tried) in the rear in Moab is not going to last long, as you found out. But, the DC does. They're light, roll well, grip well, and survive well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yo! 2.4 WTB trailboss does fit. Running on 38mm LB Carbon rims. Breakout front TrailBoss rear has been good combo thus far on CO Front Range. (Except full speed descents on Deer Creek). All other rocky stuff has been good under my 245#'s

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Add:

Conti MKII 2.4 fits
    Conti TK 2.4 does not

Not that either tire is great, but the MKII is a pretty fast roller, and about as large a volume of tire that will fit.

How about the Minion DHR2 2.4?

Pic is from Wednesday's ride. New big DH turned into a solid 7K' day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_9895.jpg  

mtbr member
    I'm having this exact same problem with my GG megatrail right now. Its been 2 weeks since notification was given to GG and photos provided showing the obvious misalignment of the front shock mount. The problem made short work of my shock bushings, which is how I discovered the issue- the slightest bit of vertical play between the front and rear triangle. I'm trying to resolve the issue through the LBS I bought it through, but now this is starting to drag on and I have no idea what is going on with it. After poking around the threads here, it looks like I purchased my medium megatrail at around the same time you did. How did GG resolve this issue for you?

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    vtvirga, I'll get on this immediately, your email must have slipped through the cracks. Thanks for your patience.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtvirga View Post
    I'm having this exact same problem with my GG megatrail right now. Its been 2 weeks since notification was given to GG and photos provided showing the obvious misalignment of the front shock mount. The problem made short work of my shock bushings, which is how I discovered the issue- the slightest bit of vertical play between the front and rear triangle. I'm trying to resolve the issue through the LBS I bought it through, but now this is starting to drag on and I have no idea what is going on with it. After poking around the threads here, it looks like I purchased my medium megatrail at around the same time you did. How did GG resolve this issue for you?
    Who are you speaking directly to?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast