Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Outcast
    Kragu, your bike makes that ugly shock look good!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Attachment 999104
    Attachment 999105

That Smorgasbord looks huge for a 2.25. That thing pedal okay? Good call on the ChMonk, too. Big 27.5 tires are kind of hard to find...the 2.4 is easily on par with a 2.5 DHF, at least in 29er size. You find that to be true for the 650 version, cytoe?
    The Smorgasbord pedals fine, but I like knobby tires. I ran this combo (now a DHR2 on the rear) on my Rip RDO. The knobs on the this 650 version looks a little shorter than the 29er one...weird. The 38mm LB rims makes the tires wider too. The widths for the Smorg and CM are the same as the 29er (same rim). I don't have a 2.5 DHF, so I can't say how they compare, but the price is right

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Kragu, your bike makes that ugly shock look good!
    Not my bike, cytoe's.

Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    The Smorgasbord pedals fine, but I like knobby tires. I ran this combo (now a DHR2 on the rear) on my Rip RDO. The knobs on the this 650 version looks a little shorter than the 29er one...weird. The 38mm LB rims makes the tires wider too. The widths for the Smorg and CM are the same as the 29er (same rim). I don't have a 2.5 DHF, so I can't say how they compare, but the price is right
    Thanks for the feedback!

Outcast
    Oop's; my mistake.
    I wish that was my bike!

mtbr member

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I hope to have something to add to this thread when FedEx arrives in a few hours.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Megatrail making itself at home...

I've been running the ElevenSix in super gravity mode exclusively. It climbs as well as my Rip RDO, and descends ... (what do you think? ). I do have pay more attention to where my cranks are since the BB is 1 inch lower. She's a little porky at 31.7lbs (3 lbs more then my Rip), but I don't notice the weight. On the rear, I'm running a LB 38mm rim w/ an On One Smorgasborg - great tire. The tread is shallower than the 29er version. Even so, there isn't much clearance with the support brace. I wonder if DHR2 will fit... I'm still getting her dialed, but she already shreds

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAYER2015 View Post
    It was between this and the new Turner Burner. Burner is completely different bike and probably more realistic for me and my discipline, age, etc, but I could not find fault in the megatrail even though I have not been on one.
    The Burner was also on my short list, but was easily displaced by the Megatrail (which I should be getting in the works in the next couple of weeks). I felt very at home on the Burner, but for two things: my legs would rub on the seat stays when I was standing up, which wasn't a huge deal but was annoying, and the fact it was really front heavy. In fact i've found that to be common among all the FS bikes i've been demo'ing in my search process which has been pretty similar to yours. I haven't really figured out if this is more a geo or suspension issue (at the moment i'm only a hardtail rider). I'm very happy to say that the Megatrail is very easy to pop up, which is a huge deal for me since I spend a lot of time climbing over rocks and tend to prefer chunky terrain in general.

Grats to you and all the other new Megatrail owners in this thread! I can't wait to get on board...

mtbr member
    Another Mega in the Fort?

Biker? I don't even know her.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    image by dbozman1173, on Flickr

Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Nice! Get that sh!t built up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    thanks for the update Cytoe! While I do love gravity mode, I find the additional pedal clearance in trail mode to be very useful on some of the more chunky climbs that I do. have you tried the ElevenSix in the supertrail mode yet?

Given the Megatrails dual personality (Gravity/Trail modes), I'm not quite sure what I would ask for in terms of tuning for the respective damping circuits. I think my Ideal would be setting it up so that the supertrail mode could utilize both circuits, and the supergravity to use just one. So in the Supertrail frame setting I could have both a climb circuit and a aggressive trail circuit, and one of those settings could be used in Supergravity mode for an all out descending weapon for the gnar (AKA mini DH bike).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzon View Post
    thanks for the update Cytoe! While I do love gravity mode, I find the additional pedal clearance in trail mode to be very useful on some of the more chunky climbs that I do. have you tried the ElevenSix in the supertrail mode yet?

Given the Megatrails dual personality (Gravity/Trail modes), I'm not quite sure what I would ask for in terms of tuning for the respective damping circuits. I think my Ideal would be setting it up so that the supertrail mode could utilize both circuits, and the supergravity to use just one. So in the Supertrail frame setting I could have both a climb circuit and a aggressive trail circuit, and one of those settings could be used in Supergravity mode for an all out descending weapon for the gnar (AKA mini DH bike).
    I went with 165 cranks for just a little more clearance. I'll try supertrail mode next ride. Not sure it's the ElevenSix, but the front bottom shock mount (the super hole!) is a little difficult to change. I had to run the thomson supplied dropper cable, which is a little larger than the shifter or brake hose, so it was not the middle one. Even so, the shock mount contacts the dropper housing a little, so that makes it hard to line the up the holes for the bolt. The back bolt is a piece of cake, but I still rather set and forget. One more thing. I'm running a XX1 cassette and 30t raceface cinch ring up front with one spacer on the drive side (else, the crank arm rubs the chain stay a little). If I back pedal in 42t, the chain derails to 36 or 32. I'll probably pick up a wolftoothcomponents cinch ring since it's 49mm chainline (vs 51 for the Raceface). All said, I'm really happy w/ this bike.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Looks amazing, size large? Stage set at 170mm travel?
    Mrwhlr's stepmom rides a 5 spot

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yessir. Large, 170mm Stage. Pretty refreshing experience overall, that I'll detail more when I actually ride the bike and have some input. Nice to be able to customize my build to my own needs and leave off parts that I already owned (cockpit, post, etc.) to save some coin.

Obviously it all comes down to the ride, but I like supporting a small company like GG.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Got my first ride in this morning before work. Had to keep it short and there's only one trail system I can ride from my house, which is the McDowell Mountains in Scottsdale. Not technical at all by Arizona standards. Today I rode an out-and-back, 10 miles, that I commonly ride SS or on my geared semi-fat 29+.

So, not the perfect trail system for a bike like the Megatrail, but I wanted to get some miles in. It's basically a rolling 5-mile climb out and the same rolling descent back. Little bit of chunk, but nothing big. A ride like this is useful for testing fitment, gearing and basic suspension setup.

First, the bike fits me fantastic. I'm 6'2, 34 inseam, 180 pounds without gear (so figure around 195 or so with gear). Size large with a 40mm stem and 800mm bars. I ran the frame in trail mode with the Monarch Plus fully open. I was in a bit of a rush, so I stopped playing with sag at 215psi, which was a touch more than 30%. Too plush for this trail, but man I didn't even feel my rear tire going over the constant stream of babyheads and embedded hatchet rocks. I ran 95psi in the Stage with about two clicks of compression.

I need to get the front/rear suspension better balanced, but overall it was a nice starting point.

The pedaling position for me was on point. Super-comfortable with my knees in perfect position for power application, roomy but not crazy long for me. Bottom line, neither my knees nor my lower back hurt, so I know the angles are right for me.

Descending was out of this world. Plush, intuitive, diving for inside lines on turns. This particular trail doesn't have a lot of opportunities for balls-out speed, but I did PR nearly every section of the descent and I was NOT pushing at all.

My overall ride time was exactly the same (to the second) as last Friday on my SS (Canfield Nimble 9). If any of you ride single speed, you know that's not bad. Most folks will be much faster on climbs of this nature on an SS29er over a geared 6-inch enduro bike. The time I lost climbing I made up for descending, which is how it should be.

I'll have much more input after a couple rides on trails that will really test this bike, but after today I'm very pleased.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    God I love this bike.Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_3026.jpg most intuitive best riding and most playful bike I have ever owned. I am not sure I will ever ride anything else.....until im old and grey and they put out a hard trail!

Big Test Icycles
    I'm on track for a real nice Christmas this year. Hoping for any tests with the new Fox Float X or X2 as shock options

mtbr member

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Endurobro View Post
    God I love this bike.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3026.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	1003767 most intuitive best riding and most playful bike I have ever owned. I am not sure I will ever ride anything else.....until im old and grey and they put out a hard trail!
    I'll second this. I have longstanding PRs in both directions dropping like flies, on trails I've ridden consistently for years. It's both efficient (especially in Super Trail) and supple for technical climbing purposes, and incredibly easy to ride downhill. Of course trail/gravity/super g have different descending personalities (this does *not* mean that one is better than the other, IMO), but in either mode, the bike just kind of allows you to do what you want to do.

Taking the MT up to Mammoth this weekend. First time up there, on any bike... Stoked!

mtbr member
    Gorgeous bike cytoe. Are you in England? I went to order some CMs the other day and shipping was like 40 bucks to the US (tires were $20). Seems like I used to order them from Planet X USA and they were $30 with free shipping.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Gorgeous bike cytoe. Are you in England? I went to order some CMs the other day and shipping was like 40 bucks to the US (tires were $20). Seems like I used to order them from Planet X USA and they were $30 with free shipping.
    Thanks. Nope, I'm in Colorado. Hmm, I show the CM is $34 + $5 shipping. If you add more than one tire, the shipping jumps high (I think it changes from Royal Mail to DHL). I'm using the usa site btw (Carbon and Titanium Road Bikes, Track & Time Trial Bikes | Planet X)...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    More pics. The color changes with the light.

mtbr member
    Thanks. Nope, I'm in Colorado. Hmm, I show the CM is $34 + $5 shipping. If you add more than one tire, the shipping jumps high (I think it changes from Royal Mail to DHL). I'm using the usa site btw (Carbon and Titanium Road Bikes, Track & Time Trial Bikes | Planet X)...
    Yeah, that's where I was. I was ordering the 26" version which is 50% off right now and it does show 5.99 shipping until you go to check out and it updates to US location and the shipping for 1 jumps up to $25. I guess $45 is still pretty good price.

Edit: If I just select one tire as you said , it does give me the option to ship Royal Mail at $5.89 instead of $25 DHL Air. Wonder how long that will take?

End of derail. Back to GG goodness.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Got my first ride in this morning before work....
    Good looking bike, Blatant. The Red on Raw looks great. Looking forward to your more complete(ie SoMo) ride impressions.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    A couple of us just got back from a PNW trip; I rode my Megatrail for a couple days in the bike park at Whistler to see how it compared with the GG/DH. Fun was had, this is right before dropping in to Top of the World:

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_20150718_153033358%5B1%5D.jpg

Now with flavor!!
    Sick corn rows.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa View Post
    A couple of us just got back from a PNW trip; I rode my Megatrail for a couple days in the bike park at Whistler to see how it compared with the GG/DH. Fun was had, this is right before dropping in to Top of the World:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150718_153033358[1].jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	1004893
    Jealous. Such a great trail. Hope you had a great trip. The MT should be a perfect Whistler/Pemberton/Squamish/North Shore companion. What else did you guys ride?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Outcast
    My gawd, I hate all of you. You are riding the best bike of the year, and I don't have one of them.
    I an immensely envious.

mtbr member

KRob - I put in separate orders for a CM and SMRGSBRD and got them in about 10 calendar days.

Just did 3 days at Mammoth, and had an absolute blast. Curious, Matt, how you feel the MT did in comparison to the GG/DH.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Hey, Kent. I plan on doing a more full review shortly. I do have quite a few rides in at this point. To be honest, I'd still trying to get the rear suspension dialed in for climbing. Been working with Will via email so hopefully I'm close.

I went with the Monarch Plus Debonair, which I've quite liked on several previous bikes. On the Mega, I'm north of 270psi to get proper sag and I weigh around 195 with full gear/pack/helmet/pads.

So far, the climbing has been a bit of a chore. That said, my climbing times up National were right in the middle of my normal range, so perhaps I'm still getting used to it. I've been on 29ers awhile.

Descending. Hmmm. I PR'd the National descent on Saturday and I literally was not trying at all. Had to stop a bunch for hikers and did not feel like I was going fast. Strava don't lie, though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Strava don't lie, though.
    If only that were true! I've had some accuracy issues of late, not to take away from your PRs.

I feel like my DB Inline could use a volume spacer. I felt like the whole bike was a little bit soft initially, after setting recommended sag. Fiddled with Will's help, but have yet to do the first thing he recommended and install a volume spacer. Super Trail feels like I'd like Trail to feel, same with Super G and G. Wonder if that's how you feel about yours...

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Kragu, it sounds like air volume spacers are something you should try, based on your feedback. The Inline has a pretty large air volume, despite the shock being small.

Doing back to back riding with the Megatrail vs GG/DH led me to this:
    The less difficult trails are more fun on the MT, the single black trails were more comparable than expected, but the DH bike has an advantage when it gets steep and rough. Seems somewhat obvious, but the biggest surprise was that the single black trails felt like there wasn't a big advantage either way.
    That was with the Pike/Push ElevenSix combo on the Megatrail and a Boxxer/DB Coil combo on the GG/DH.

Woo: sigh. Not only is my Enduro hat dorky, it makes for some epic helmet hair as well.

KRob: we rode Bellingham, North Shore, Squamish, Banff, Canmore, and Bozeman, MT.

mtbr member

Sounds like a sick tour! Stoked for your weekend.

Thanks for the feedback on the Inline. I'll give that a try.

Now with flavor!!
    Woo: sigh. Not only is my Enduro hat dorky, it makes for some epic helmet hair as well.
    Nah man that was a compliment.

STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    retracted
    Last edited by vapezilla; 08-10-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Vapezilla, give us a call at the shop and we will take care of you. 303-955-4163

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I was blowing through travel on my Inline and added the whole CC volume spacer kit and it changed the bit instantly. I was able to dial back my HSC and keep it more plush. I have not had a issue with the bike eating my shock. I have been pretty hard on the bike and shock and have had no issues so far. I may upgrade in the future to a CCDBair, from the inline. but the inline feels great, and all the issues with the shock I have had CC has stepped up and done a excellent job with any question, issue, warranty problem. Hope all gets resolved!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I continue to be impressed w/ my megatrail. It climbs and descends confidently. I'm in Colorado, so the typical ride is climb, climb, climb...descend.

I've tuned the ElevenSix for gravity mode. While it climbs ok in this mode, I've been swapping to the trail mode for the long ups, then gravity mode for the down. The trail mode (w/ the ElevenSix tuned for gravity) is on the firm side and with the geo changes, make the climbing even better. While it only takes less than 30 seconds to change the modes, it would be great if there was some sort of quick release so I wouldn't have to fumble for a tool. I still have the backpedal issue w/ my 1x11 (derails if in 42t), but I've improved it slightly by adjusting the crank closer to the drive side and going w/ wolf tooth ring (49mm chainline). Only other change I've made is to go nude on the top tube

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Man, every time I ride this bike I'm more impressed with it. I haven't been riding it near as much as I should be, it's been a busy summer, so when I do ride it's been mostly dh stuff. This bike absolutely shred's in Gravity Mode! So last night I took it out and did some climbing. Put it back in Trail Mode and flipped the climb switch on the cc inline. Man, I could not believe how well I was climbing on this thing. I even set a few PR's on climbs that I haven't ridden for almost a year, when I was in much better shape on a 26lb Santa Cruz carbon wunder bike. I just kept smiling the whole way up thinking I'm way too out of shape to be climbing like this . Left it in Trail Mode for the dh parts and the thing is a blast, super poppy and playful.
    Loving this thing!
    Kragu, I'm hitting Mammoth for the first time in about a month, any suggestions
    on the best trails to hit?
    Last edited by hombreduro; 08-20-2015 at 03:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Well, aside from a retracted critical post, the reviews continue to be pretty impressive. That makes me glad because I have one being built now and can't wait to get it on the trails. I have spent a good amount of riding one of their demo's, so I have a pretty good idea what i'm getting into; I can't wait to get the suspension dialed and hit my favorite trails.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by hombreduro View Post
    Man, every time I ride this bike I'm more impressed with it. I haven't been riding it near as much as I should be, it's been a busy summer, so when I do ride it's been mostly dh stuff. This bike absolutely shred's in Gravity Mode! So last night I took it out and did some climbing. Put it back in Trail Mode and flipped the climb south on the cc inline. Man, I could not believe how well I was climbing on this thing. I even set a few PR's on climbs that I haven't ridden for almost a year, when I was in much better shape on a 26lb carbon wunder bike. I just kept smiling the whole way up thinking I'm way too out of shape to be climbing like this . Left it in Trail Mode for the dh parts and the thing is a blast, super poppy and playful.
    Loving this thing!
    Kragu, I'm hitting Mammoth for the first time in about a month, any suggestions or above on the best trails to hit?
    Yeah, it's quite the climber. Seems to excel on techy climbs, too.

My first time at Mammoth was super fun, but I stayed off the Pro trails.

Off the Top to White Bark to Richter was a good warmup on both days. Did laps on Richter to test suspension on a little techy bit, followed by a big step-up and a couple of small jumps.

Skid Marks to Lincoln to Flow to Pipeline to Shotgun had to be one of my favorites of both days. Super fun, lots of variety, a bit of traversing to do on Lincoln, which I didn't mind at all.

Skid Marks to Paper Route to Timber Ridge to Juniper was awesome, too. A little pedally, but no climbing or anything.

Follow Me is techy/flowy fun, Recoil is the best place to hit manageable successive jumps (where I improved a lot!), and Velocity to Twilight is good fun too.

It's pretty hard to go wrong up there. Had an absolute blast.
    Last edited by kragu; 08-18-2015 at 10:06 PM.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by db440 View Post
    Well, aside from a retracted critical post, the reviews continue to be pretty impressive. That makes me glad because I have one being built now and can't wait to get it on the trails. I have spent a good amount of riding one of their demo's, so I have a pretty good idea what i'm getting into; I can't wait to get the suspension dialed and hit my favorite trails.
    The skinny on that gripe is that the front shock mount is misaligned on a few frames. I noticed the issue on my bike while changing modes - with the bolt and shock out of the frame, the rear eye wanted to sit about 2mm to the drive side of where it should be. I had to push the shock sideways to get in into place... no bueno.

I emailed the dudes who got back to me a while later saying they had an issue with their medium Megatrail jig and that they had a fix.

Shit happens with pretty much every manufacturer, and all I'd ask is that they take care of me, which they did. 24 hours after receiving my frame, it was on its way back to me. I should have it by Friday.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yea, I saw the post and was a bit disheartened at first... I mean let's face it, we're all early adopters buying this frame, as it hasn't had years of testing and major player reviews and thousands of production bikes to work out any kinks. We're basically relying on the comments on these forums for feedback and rider reviews.
    I love this bike and believe it to be the best bike I've ever ridden, but I don't make enough money to be throwing away shocks.
    So I actually called Dirt Labs and talked to "Luby" to see if this was a major problem with the frame/shock and if so was there anything preventative I could do now. He said he's actually running a Megatrail and has had no issues. He did mention maybe to loosen the front bolt a little and then change your rear from Trail mode to Gravity Mode, then tighten the front bolt back down. He said theoretically if the front bolt was super tight and you dropped out raised the back of the shock it could cause a little friction.
    I'm bummed for the dude that had some issues, but it sounds like a pretty isolated case. And I'm assuming GG is taking care of him as he's retracted his complaint.
    Last edited by hombreduro; 08-18-2015 at 10:28 PM.

mtbr member
    The way I see it, if the front bolt and rear bolt aren't parallel, there's friction. GG recommends loosening the front while changing modes out back so you don't cause this kind of friction by pushing the shock. If the front and rear are misaligned, there's a constant pressure against the side of the shock. Even if there are no immediate issues, some are bound to arise sooner or later. There's a reason GG is all over fixing the issue.

I wonder if I'll feel a difference in the bike with that little bit of friction missing...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yeah, it's quite the climber. Seems to excel on techy climbs, too.

My first time at Mammoth was super fun, but I stayed off the Pro trails.

Off the Top to White Bark to Richter was a good warmup on both days. Did laps on Richter to test suspension on a little techy but, followed by a big step-up and a could of small jumps.

Skid Marks to Lincoln to Flow to Pipeline to Shotgun had to be one of my favorites of both days. Super fun, lots of variety, a bit of traversing to do on Lincoln, which I didn't mind at all.

Skid Marks to Paper Route to Timber Ridge to Juniper was awesome, too. A little pedally, but no climbing or anything.

Follow Me is techy/flowy fun, Recoil is the best place to hit manageable successive jumps (where I improved a lot!), and Velocity to Twilight is good fun too.

It's pretty hard to go wrong up there. Had an absolute blast.
    Sweet!! I'm gonna print that out before I hit the trail. Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hombreduro View Post
    Sweet!! I'm gonna print that out before I hit the trail. Thanks for the info!
    Definitely! It helped to have a friend guiding us around on day 1. I would never have put some of these together.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    By the way, I got to ride with Will last week here in Reno. He emailed me to see how I was liking the bike and said he was coming through Reno on his way to Cali. asked if I wanted to ride. I got some of my buddies together and we hit one to my favorite local trails. My buddies got to ride some sweet Megatrail demo bikes (now they've tasted the koolaid!) and I got to hang out with Will and Tom.
    How many people can say they've ridden with El Presidente of the company they bought their bike from? Pretty freakin rad!Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-20150806_184952_resized.jpgGuerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-20150806_201413_resized.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-20150806_185045_resized.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Ok, one more post and then I'll go away...I haven't really "hucked" anything in about 10 years. This bike is SO confidence inspiring it's got me pulling out the full face and pushing things harder and faster. Here's a few low quality pics for your Megatrail Stokage!
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-snapshot-1-7-26-2015-10-02-am-.jpgGuerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-snapshot-1-7-26-2015-10-07-am-.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Good stuff guys! I just got back sunday from a endurance DH race at Snowshoe West Va. 20 laps down the western territory. 1500 ft per lap equates to the elevation of Mount Everest. its called the Chomolungma Challenge. Crazy race! anyway I raced the Duo team. out of 15 teams we came in 8th. not to shabby considering there were plenty of Pro's racing along with us. I raced my MT in Gravity Mode, and it ate all the rocks. incredible bike. if I was not sold before I sure as hell am now. i felt more comfortable and in control than on DH bikes I have been on in the past. fun stuff and a amazing bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Megatrail Update

So I've been on my Large Megatrail for close to six months now, and have racked up 400+ miles and 55k of climbing. This bike continues to be everything I want and need in a "do-it all" bike.

Rider Profile: Engineer with BS in Mechanical Eng, and MS in Manufacturing Eng. Tech. (I know a thing or two about product design and manufacturing, and I think that Guerrilla Gravity is doing a lot of things right on their bikes!). 27 years old, 6' 2", sitting at about 245 lb without gear, and I am currently in the best shape of my life, thanks largely to the Megatrail (not saying that the heft of the bike is helping me get in shape, just that the extreme amounts of pleasure I derive from riding the bike has me out in the hills more often than any other bike that I have owned). I have been riding primarily in Trail mode, and switch to Super Gravity when things get chunky; but even Trail mode is extremely capable so I don't tend to change it all that often.

I have been known in my area for a while now as being the big guy that can shred, and most people are very surprised when they find out that I am the Shawn that they have been seeing on the Strava leader-boards. Prior to receiving the Megatrail I had already racked up some KOM's and top 10's in the local area on some of the more DH oriented trails, but the Megatrail is enabling me to best all of my previous PR's/KOM's while adding new ones in the mix (ones that actually require some degree of fitness!). Some of this is due to the fact that I have lost about 20 lb since getting the Mega, and some of it is down to my skill level increasing, but there is one thing that is certain; The Megatrail is not a limiting factor at all when it comes to riding, up or down.

The takeaway of the previous paragraph is basically that I have no concerns about the durability of this frame. At my weight and at the speeds that I like to ride at, I am pretty good at finding component weaknesses, and over the years I have racked up my fair share of broken parts (frames, swingarms, cranks, pedals, forks, shocks, a crap-load of hubs, rims, basically everything there is to break). I do not think that the Megatrail frame will find its way on to this list.

I am hoping that as I loose more weight I will be able to get the DBAir to feel a bit better; the top of stroke feels pretty terrible at the pressures I have to run, but at sag and while riding the shock feels pretty darn good. This is not a function of the Megatrail leverage curve or something to do with the frame itself; I had the exact same thing occur on my last bike (Ibis HDR w/CCDBA), I simply have to run a lot of pressure in my shock to achieve the proper sag. I still have the dream of loosing enough weight to run the ElevenSix, but I am not sure if getting down to 210 lb's is realistic for my build, so I will have to wait until they expand their spring rate selection to cater to us big-boys.

Side Note: I am a part time employee of a local bike shop (been part time for 10+ years while going through school), and have access to EP pricing on Trek, Norco, Intense and Ibis frames; there is not a single frame that any of these manufacturers produce that I would consider trading my Megatrail for. Are there bikes that I wouldn't mind adding to the stable, yes, most definitely (enter ubiquitous N+1 equation), but there is nothing that these well known manufacturers produce that I can see matching the extensive range that the Megatrail possesses; and since I am relegated to be a "one-bike" man for the foreseeable future, the Megatrail wins, hands down.

I just wanted to give the guys/gals at Guerrilla Gravity a big thank you for producing the most bad-ass bike on the market, in my humble opinion.

Shawn

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    The skinny on that gripe is that the front shock mount is misaligned on a few frames. I noticed the issue on my bike while changing modes - with the bolt and shock out of the frame, the rear eye wanted to sit about 2mm to the drive side of where it should be. I had to push the shock sideways to get in into place... no bueno.

I emailed the dudes who got back to me a while later saying they had an issue with their medium Megatrail jig and that they had a fix.

Shit happens with pretty much every manufacturer, and all I'd ask is that they take care of me, which they did. 24 hours after receiving my frame, it was on its way back to me. I should have it by Friday.
    No jig (or welder) is 100% consistently perfect, so it makes sense things will happen from time to time. I agree that it is all about how it is dealt with. Almost everyone is fully stoked with the service from GG, and the reviews speak for themselves. The only problem I could forsee is that their business is growing exponentially so there may be times where it's a bit hard to keep up with everything. Even so I couldn't be more excited to join the tribe. Ten days and counting.... tick tock.... =)

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Amen!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

still stoked!

bike rider
    Matt's bike at the Steamboat Enduro X with Eleven Six shock was drool worthy. Also, the amateur class was won by their team rider (sorry I forgot your name brosef).
    Keep the Country country.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Matt's bike at the Steamboat Enduro X with Eleven Six shock was drool worthy. Also, the amateur class was won by their team rider (sorry I forgot your name brosef).
    That race was pretty fun. Mitch Parsons was our rider that won Am Men 19-29.

Nice job on 3rd overall, Leland.

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_20150823_082639435_hdr%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi Matt,

You have made a couple posts stating that the ElevenSix is working well on the Megatrail, I just wanted to see if you had some time to lay down some detailed comparisons between the ElevenSix and other popular options.

What modes are working best, (Trail, Gravity, ST, SG), how/where do you notice improvements over some of the air shocks etc. Obviously, it is a coil shock so I expect to here things like improved small bump sensitivity and reduced stiction at the start of travel (something I am battling with my DBair due to my weight), but I would love to hear your thoughts on the actual impact to the performance of the Megatrail; we all know the bike kicks major ass with a competent air shock, so what happens when we install the shock of all shocks?

Thanks,

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Detailed comparisons:
    The ElevenSix is the only coil shock we've ridden on a Megatrail, so I can't compare it to other coil shocks. The spring curve works well; we were initially concerned that a coil would be too stiff in the mid-stroke, but it works well in use.
    Riding wise, the low stiction is noticeable near the top stroke, which we've picked up on it during technical climbing and wet, off camber roots. The rear end has a little more grip in those cases.
    My favorite part of the ElevenSix is over high frequency chatter, like brake bumps, high speed roots, etc. It responds faster than other stuff we've ridden in that case.

I mostly run it in Trail and Gravity. I'm not a huge smasher, so I don't often find myself looking for the extra progression of the lower front hole myself. Although, it seems that a lot of riders prefer coil shocks in Super Gravity, and leave it there most/all of the time. I like to change mine depending on where I'm riding, hence swapping it around.
    For the Enduro X race in Steamboat yesterday, here's what I ran:
    Stage 1, XC single track, very climby to high speed blue flow trail: Trail Mode, ElevenSix in soft compression valve
    Stage 2, nearly DH track gnar: Gravity Mode, ElevenSix in stiff compression valve
    Stage 3, steep transfer climb to XC-ish single track: Trail Mode, ElevenSix in soft compression valve. Same setup for transfer over to Stage 4
    Stage 4, higher speed single track with lots of turns: Gravity Mode, ElevenSix in stiff compression valve

So, basically, I tend to prefer the softer compression valving in Trail Mode, and often times the stiffer valving for Gravity. That also corresponds with the fact that I usually change the frame mode depending on if I'm riding something that's pedally with smaller chatter, or something that's in danger of smashing a rim multiple times per run.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the comparison Matt, good to know that the shock functions well in both geometry settings; I would not be as keen on purchasing the ElevenSix if it rendered one useless.

Only 30 more lb's to loose and the ElevenSix is mine!

Side note: I rode Mt. Ashland yesterday with the girlfriend, a shuttle up and 4000ft over 12 miles down. I did not get to let loose much as I was catering to my girlfriend who is very much so a beginner, but there were a couple places that I had her stop so I could do some high speed passes (in Gravity mode); It is crazy how stable the bike is at speed in gravity mode. I had a couple laugh out loud moments when I just couldn't believe that this was the same frame that on the previous ride was rocketing me up hill to a new climbing PR....Iv'e said it before and Ill say it again, this thing is versatile!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

CCDB coil CS...

First Ride: Cane Creek DBCoil Shock Gets a Climb Switch - Pinkbike

Another (more affordable) option for a coil shock with a climb switch/platform. Might have to go this route and save the $, but I do like the tools free compression adjustments that the ElevenSix offers.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzon View Post
    First Ride: Cane Creek DBCoil Shock Gets a Climb Switch - Pinkbike

Another (more affordable) option for a coil shock with a climb switch/platform. Might have to go this route and save the $, but I do like the tools free compression adjustments that the ElevenSix offers.
    We have one on order to try it out

mtbr member
    Once you factor in the actual coil, it's not *that* much cheaper than Push's.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Attached is my pic (if it works).

Had bike for a month now and have a few rides on it. Got most of the stuff dialed in I think.

Most of it was just getting used to wheel size, dropper post, etc and other things that are new to me since being off bike for last 4 years or so.

Loving the bike so far. Will love it more as I get back into shape and riding more.

Bike came in almost exactly at 31 pounds for large. Scale weight at Gureilla shop and my garage both said 30.98 pounds. My build is listed couple pages back.

Only issue I have is my wheels not being centered. Only noticed this couple weeks ago. Front is offset from center of fork by about 1/8th of inch to non disc side. I took off fork and turned around and confirmed it is not fork. The same is true for the rear as it is also about 1/8 inch closer to drive side. This is resulting in very tight clearance near front of chain stay which would be much more generous if rim was centered. Both rims spin perfectly straight and aligned with calipers perfectly. Seems to be just a truing issue and could tighten spokes on one sited bring rim over and centered to hub? The local bike shop confirmed this.

Update to above issue -
    NOX looked into this and have been very supportive, helpful and willing to correct. Turns out they did not build wheels for this build so it was not their fault. Wheels were indeed built by Guerrilla and as NOX points out, explains how it went through their QC. I will have these fixed locally or sent back to NOX.

Anyhow, the bike is stellar so far.Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_0812.jpg
    Last edited by SLAYER2015; 08-31-2015 at 10:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    She sure likes the mountains. The Megatrail climbed great and bombed the descent. Here's a pic from the top of Canyon Creek Trail this weekend. This bike is so capable...

mtbr member
    May 2007

Parting ways :-/

Hey everybody,

The GG guys were gracious enough to give me the OK to post this here.

I am selling my 2014 Megatrail frame size medium with custom metallic orange powder coat. Why would I do such a thing? Well, I've had the need to reduce my stable to one bike. While the Megatrail certainly has all the makings of a perfect one-bike for some, it just isn't the perfect one-bike for me. See, the Megatrail is a hungry beast. It likes a steady diet of gnar and radness. If it doesn't get that, it tends to get bored. So, for me personally, I didn't feel like most of my local riding was keeping the Megatrail adequately satiated. Since I wasn't regularly needing the Megatrail's capability I wanted something more in the middle of the all-mountain spectrum and less in the gravity biased side. Thus, something lighter, less low/slack and carbon-er is what I sought and got.

I want to make it abundantly clear that I am not displeased with this frame at all. It's sick, and the Guerrilla Gravity guys are a class act. I just don't need this much bike in my one-bike for where and how I ride. I'm definitely a little conflicted letting this beauty go.

But, that puts someone in the unique position to pick up a medium Megatrail frame that's under a year old, very clean, in great shape, custom painted, plus a few additional parts for a pretty nice discount.

Check out my listing on Pinkbike for more details and feel free to message me with any questions if interested.

2014 Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail size Medium For Sale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-ggmt.jpg  

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I have a large available, complete, frame-only or whatever level of build you wish.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    All right, enough with the i'm selling my GG being the last posts on this thread....

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-gg-1.jpg

I'm loving my Megatrail. I've been riding it all over CO and some in UT, and continue to explore the potential of this bike. I don't have anywhere near the experience as many on this thread, so i'll spare my detailed review, but it is true this bike loves the gnar. Thankfully I have enough around I think it can keep it satiated.

The guys at the shop have been great to work with, and i'd definitely recommend anyone interested to get on a demo and give it a spin. The bikes playful design and fit quickly won me over (I feel right at home on the Small frame) and i'm having a blast with it. Ride on GG!

mtbr member

Yep! Having a blast on this bike! This pic, taken before my last few seconds of riding for a few weeks due to a broken hand...

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1442531742.802950.jpg

Silly crash, bummed to not be able to ride til El Niño is in full effect here in SoCal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Got a 26" medium in the classfieds. Bummer to sell it, but with my shoulder, I cannot afford to have such a bike. I need something lighter that prevents me from doing anything stupid. I mean, I dislocated my shoulder 3 times this summer (2 on like 3 ft drops, the third time in a compression/berm). It pops out and goes back immediately (I know, I'm weird), but I'm pissed because I need two weeks each time to get a good feeling. I'm going into XC/Trail mode from now on.
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver

I like bikes, I really do.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Oh man, that is unfortunate....

Heal up quick!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Also have a bad luck- was ready to press Pay Pal "Proceed to check out" button, but badly crashed same day... Now got a titanium plate connecting my collar bone instead of new frame

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

CCDB Coil CS

Hi Matt,

Anything to report yet on the Megatrail/DB coil combo? I am nearing my goal weight of 210 lb (so that I can run the ElevenSix) but if you are experiencing good performance with the cane creek then it may be the route I go.

thanks,

Shawn

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Cane Creek has been pretty swamped, and the DB Coil CS's have not arrived yet, but I believe they are due here pretty soon. I'll post an update when we can get some rides in on one.

Outcast
    Matt, congratulations on being awarded that 100K grant! That should be real helpful in building your business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Matt, congratulations on being awarded that 100K grant! That should be real helpful in building your business.
    Dying to hear more about the new bikes!

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Dying to hear more about the new bikes!
    The next model is going to be...real

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Shock Setup

I have experimented a lot with rear suspension setup on the megatrail in the last year and want to share some info and get some other ideas if people have them. Let me just say up front that I am very particular about bike feel and though it may sound like I am complaining but I have been happy with the bike through all of these changes and have been impressed with how many way I can set the bike up and still like it.

I bought the bike for gravity mode and was stuck on it being the end all shock position until quite recently. I was living in Southern California (Orange County) when I bought the bike and really didn't run into any pedal clearance issues and rode a lot of steep technical trails so gravity mode was great. I moved to Northern California (Auburn) a few months ago and I am still loving the bike although it doesn't get much action on steep trails anymore. Plenty of fast, rough, trail...just not a lot of steeps. I have recently started playing with trail mode and I finally get why so many people spend most of their time in it.

I bought the frame with a dbinline and I struggled initially to find a combination of air pressure, volume spacers, and settings to keep the bike from bottoming and the tire from rubbing the seat tube. I eventually ended up with a large spacer and ran about 11mm of sag with pretty close to recommended settings though even at 170 lbs I was having to run over 200 psi which didn't seem to allow me to get the most out of the shock. and I still had occasional rubbing on the seat tube. I ordered a couple of other shocks to try out and compare.

I bought a used Bikeco shock and a used xfusion o2 rl and then found a deal on a used db coil as well. The bikeco shock worked well but it was impossible to get full travel and had issues with weeping seals. The xfusion felt pretty good as well but also struggled to get full travel and seemed a bit overwhelmed when things got really rough. I rode the db coil at snow summit and couple days in Laguna and liked it but missed the climb switch. I went back to the dbinline and then decided to bite the bullet and buy a DBair CS.

The DBair CS felt amazing and I was able to get it tuned to feel awesome on the socal trails. I was running 12-13 mm of sag and about 145psi with recommended settings and loving it. I took the shock apart and added an extra bottom out bumper to stop the seat tube rubbing and all was great until I got up to norcal. I started having issues with pedal strikes and since the rocks up here are real rocks and not just sandstone I went down a couple times and even got some stitches.

I started running a bit less sag in gravity mode, back to ~11mm at about 160psi or so and lost some of the feel I had liked from the shock. I had less pedal strikes but I was still getting them and was now a little paranoid.

Enter trail mode...I dropped the air pressure on the DBair to 140psi which got me to 14mm of sag and rode the bike a couple times and was happy with the reduced pedal strikes but otherwise not loving the feel of the bike. I went back to gravity mode running my higher pressure.

I started thinking about the dbinline and how it needed extra spacers to mimic the spring curve of the DBair. I decided to pull the spacers from the dbinline and give it another shot, this time in trail mode. I am running 170psi in trail mode on the dbinline and the bike feels incredible! Maybe even better than it ever felt in gravity mode with any other shock! I am running 14-15mm of sag which means I use the climb switch a little more than if I run it at 13mm but it still pedals very well. I have just enough clearance to get over some of the rocks that grabbed at my pedals before too. I think gravity mode will likely be reserved for running the DBcoil and lift/shuttle days from now on.

I ordered a xv air can for the DBair CS to try to see if I can get the same feeling from the other shock just for fun.

My question to those of you who use both modes is how are you finding one air pressure that works well in both modes? I never really wanted to switch from trail to gravity mode mid ride but If I wanted to I'd need to bring a shock pump as the settings I've come up with are 25-35psi different mode to mode.

mtbr member
    The next model is going to be...real
    An update/bike in same category or something completely new? I read something about a hardtail and a FS bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marti163 View Post

My question to those of you who use both modes is how are you finding one air pressure that works well in both modes? I never really wanted to switch from trail to gravity mode mid ride but If I wanted to I'd need to bring a shock pump as the settings I've come up with are 25-35psi different mode to mode.
    Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I'm running a DB inline and it took me a while to learn how stuff felt in different modes. I found that what felt good in trail felt way soft in gravity. I added a large spacer and changed my expectations a bit and am pretty happy with how the bike feels.

Most of my rides, I can keep the bike in trail mode at 160lbs of air, netting 12mm sag. I'm about 170 all geared up. Feels lively, supportive, and pedals well. I do wish it would break away a tiny bit easier on the small stuff... Going for some RWC bushings to try to achieve this.

If I have a long, uninterrupted climb, I'll put it in Super trail, but it's probably the least used mode.

Super Gravity is my low setting of choice, except on the steepest, roughest stuff. Great at snow summit and all but the pro line stuff at Mammoth. I don't have to change anything with regards to the shock.

On tamer, smoother descents, I use SG and trail interchangeably. Sometimes I enjoy the slack, low, and smooth feel, sometimes I like a poppier feel of the steeper HA, though it's actually a little more plush in trail.

I struggle to find much application in my riding for Gravity. I find it pretty soft, though I haven't had a ton of time on it since I put in a volume spacer. Two rides in, I crashed and broke my hand, so I'm out another 3-4 weeks. It'd be great on Laguna's steep chunk, except for the repeated climbs endemic to the area. SG has been fine for me there.

Curious if my experience with regards to the different modes rings true for anyone.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I have been useing the recommended sag settings from gg. Though to achieve this i run some high psi in the dbair cs. Im about 225 and have to run almost that to get the 14mm. I have to up it to about 240psi in gravity mode if im going to run it like that all day to get 12mm sag. That feels really good to me. I found snowsummit to rough for super gravity and had to change it to gravity. Course im not clearing the table jumps. I didnt try SG at mammoth, though i probably should have.

If i know im going to be changing from trail to gravity i just split the difference like it says in the GG manuel. Run the 13mm sag in trail (about 230 psi for me) and that seems to work real good for me. Otherwise if i just get in the mood at the top of a hill to change it i just "suffer" with the softness of gravity or go supergravity. Its still way awesome and i dont have problems with bottoming out. Maybe i should ride harder.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've been curious to ask cane creek what the volume spacer equivalent to the standard dbair can is with the dbinline. I remember when the inline came out people asked cc why there was no high volume option and they said that with no spacers it had the volume equivalent to the xv db air can.

I have only really used supergravity with the db coil but it was awesome with that shock.

I'd like to find a common ground setting for the bike but I may be out of luck if I need to keeps my pedals and chainring out of the rocks.

One thing I love about this bike is how many ways there is to set it up. Keeps the tinkerer in me busy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Man, GG is getting some great press and exposure, with a pretty glowing Singletracks.com review and a good one in Bike too. Couple that with a couple of awesome grants received in the last month or so and it seems like things are going great for the folks down at the shop.

Congratulations and great work to all of you at Guerrilla Gravity. Your bad-ass bikes deserve the praise and consideration they are receiving.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Thanks guys, but it really wouldn't be possible without such an awesome customer base of badass riders.
    The grants are helping to accelerate some of our plans, including getting a bigger demo fleet out on the road more often, beef up our manufacturing with more machinery and tooling, and we've hired one more person so far.

As far as setup, I experiment with mine all the time. Different shocks tend to work better with different modes. For example, with the Push ElevenSix, I run regular Gravity Mode for a lot of descents, whereas on a DB Inline, I run Super Gravity more often. Trail Mode is my default for general riding, and if the climb is long and smooth, I'll use Super Trail. Basically, I change mine a lot depending on what I'm riding.

mtbr member
    have you guys thought about doing a 27.5F/26r bike?
    nothing witty here...

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    It exists. Buy the version with the 26er rear and put a 650b fork on front.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    have you guys thought about doing a 27.5F/26r bike?
    Thought about? Have done.

One of our guys at the shop, Shaun, runs his Megatrail 27.5 F/ 26 R. He runs the 26" rear end with a 27.5" front and loves it. I've been running mine 29 F /27.5 R and really like that as well. Both of us just raced the Monarch Crest Enduro with our bikes set up that way.
    When we first tried it, we weren't exactly sure how well it would work, but it ends up as basically the best of both worlds.

mtbr member
    yeah i'm pretty sold on the setup on my Turner DHR, now i just need somebody to buy this capra frame from me.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    I saw the review on Singletracks today for the Megatrail and it's a very impressive bike!! Keep up the good work!!
    '15 Transition Smuggler

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    An update/bike in same category or something completely new? I read something about a hardtail and a FS bike.
    Next two models are something completely new for us.

mtbr member
    I'm gonna guess... A plus hardtail and a short travel/slack 29er.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This thread makes me happy. Really cool to see people stoked on a US made product. The people at GG seem to be motivated to turn out good product!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey Matt,

What travel are you running with the 29er fork? Are you adjusting the head angle or running a reg headset?

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marti163 View Post
    Hey Matt,

What travel are you running with the 29er fork? Are you adjusting the head angle or running a reg headset?
    120/150 travel adjust. Basically, 120 for the climbs, 150 on the way down. It ends up a bit slacker than normal at 150 travel.

mtbr member
    Thought about? Have done.

One of our guys at the shop, Shaun, runs his Megatrail 27.5 F/ 26 R. He runs the 26" rear end with a 27.5" front and loves it. I've been running mine 29 F /27.5 R and really like that as well. Both of us just raced the Monarch Crest Enduro with our bikes set up that way.
    When we first tried it, we weren't exactly sure how well it would work, but it ends up as basically the best of both worlds.
    Do you have any numbers for the 27.5/26 model? particularly Head & Seat Angle and BB height.
    nothing witty here...

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    Do you have any numbers for the 27.5/26 model? particularly Head & Seat Angle and BB height.
    The rear half of the frame is the 26" version assembled to the 27.5" front triangle. So, the geo has the same BB height, head angle, etc as normal, but with the shorter chainstay of the 26" rear end. I'll post a pic of that setup.

mtbr member
    The rear half of the frame is the 26" version assembled to the 27.5" front triangle. So, the geo has the same BB height, head angle, etc as normal, but with the shorter chainstay of the 26" rear end. I'll post a pic of that setup.
    oh, got it, that sounds perfect!
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    So I have been toying with getting a new bike that suits my style a bit better which I would dub the typical all mountain do it all with a bit of enduro racing and park days. My current bike is a 2014 lapierre zesty which I have beefed up and slacked out a bit. It's not a bad bike, but I never have gotten it to feel great on the descents. Of course, I don't have too many other bikes to reference off of but I am trying to rectify that. If I got something new I would probably lighten my current bike up and make it more trail/xc oriented to give some range to my quiver.

Anyways, this bike caught my eye a while ago and the reports seems on point. I like the fact that it's adjustable and can take a coil for aggro dh riding. What I would like to know (and I apologize if there is somewhere this info exists) is how this bike compares to other in a similar category. Bikes like the nomad v3, sb6c, evil insurgent, yt Capra, giant reign, etc.

Does anyone have adequate experience with different bikes in this class and can compare? Much appreciated

mtbr member
    Can you share any more details? If not when?

Interested in a a hardtail B+ offering

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
    So I have been toying with getting a new bike that suits my style a bit better which I would dub the typical all mountain do it all with a bit of enduro racing and park days. My current bike is a 2014 lapierre zesty which I have beefed up and slacked out a bit. It's not a bad bike, but I never have gotten it to feel great on the descents. Of course, I don't have too many other bikes to reference off of but I am trying to rectify that. If I got something new I would probably lighten my current bike up and make it more trail/xc oriented to give some range to my quiver.

Anyways, this bike caught my eye a while ago and the reports seems on point. I like the fact that it's adjustable and can take a coil for aggro dh riding. What I would like to know (and I apologize if there is somewhere this info exists) is how this bike compares to other in a similar category. Bikes like the nomad v3, sb6c, evil insurgent, yt Capra, giant reign, etc.

Does anyone have adequate experience with different bikes in this class and can compare? Much appreciated
    Mtbr user KRob has ridden more than a few bikes in this category, including the MT. Search for him on the few MT threads that exist here and you can find his thoughts on the bikes. Or he can chime in!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Mtbr user KRob has ridden more than a few bikes in this category, including the MT. Search for him on the few MT threads that exist here and you can find his thoughts on the bikes. Or he can chime in!
    Stuck in the Spokes - Riding with KRob

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast