mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Zaskar, what's it worth

94 Zaskar in excellent shape. I saw on here that was cleaned, polished and ss and have been looking for one to do the same. Found a nice one locally but he wants $280 and i was hoping to invest about $100. What do you think?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The US-made ones seem to have a following that fetches higher prices, right? no dice for the disc brake crowd, but i guess a different buyer anyway.

I know I wouldn't sell my '95 for 280$....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roxie
    94 Zaskar in excellent shape. I saw on here that was cleaned, polished and ss and have been looking for one to do the same. Found a nice one locally but he wants $280 and i was hoping to invest about $100. What do you think?
    If I had the extra $280, I would buy it. Darn economy. Any pics to share??!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Here's a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I saw that ad on Craigslist too (I'm in the Tampa area) and it looks to be a nice bike. Not sure how much its worth, but I have been wanting to pick up a '90s GT ride for some time. That ones just too small.

mtbr member
    If the frame is dent free and half the chainstay hasn't been ground away it may be worth it. What a miix of parts and spumoni color mix to top it off. It appears as though the fork is not an original Bologna Lite as the titanium paint color would have been off a 93 Avalanche AL, Karakoram or perhaps a Timberline and that fork doesn't have the long taper cut so probably off a Timberline...Hi-Ten steer tube with Chromoly blades. The cheap purple barends and that saddle must go though~! 97 Down Tube decal, 93 Flip Flop II chromoly stem and it's got to be a 91 or 92 model year frame as those were the only two years the Zaskar had a u-brake. Mixkar I'd say.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for all the great info.