mtbr member
    May 2007

Zaskar Team Carbon - Opinions?

I was considering getting a carbon Zaskar Team frame to replace my old 2003 Stumpjumper frame. I can't find many reviews though, does anyone have any links to reviews, or even better, have on themselves and have an opinion?

Thanks!

If you do have one, feel free to cover this thread in pics by the way, love the curvy frame!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    In my dreams, I have one...........and it rides great!!!!!! LOL!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Here's my 08, it's exactly one year old now. I've had 0 issues and no complaints. The carbon smooths out the ride very well and the bike has handled everything I've thrown at it. I really love the paint job on the 09 model, I just don't have the $$$ to buy the same frame with a different paint job!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Nice I quite like the black on carbon finish to it personally, there's a few '08 frames going cheap around here which caught my interest.

Just out of interest, the front derailleur, would I be right in assuming it's a "top swing" model rather than a "conventional swing" one? There doesn't seem to be much information around

Top Swing
    Conventional Swing

Thanks again for the feedback! I think I'm pretty sold.

mtbr member
    I don't know about the black...I kinda like the Beijing Olympic version...white with the stars and stripes. Just not sure when I'll ever have the time or $$$ to get this sucker built up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedToasty
    Nice I quite like the black on carbon finish to it personally, there's a few '08 frames going cheap around here which caught my interest.

Just out of interest, the front derailleur, would I be right in assuming it's a "top swing" model rather than a "conventional swing" one? There doesn't seem to be much information around

Top Swing
    Conventional Swing

Thanks again for the feedback! I think I'm pretty sold.
    2008 frame set specs show it needing a 34.9mm clamp type front derailleur. The cable is down tube routed at 7 o'clock (on the left side) of the down tube when on the bike. So you need a bottom pull front derailleur.... It's up to you whether you run conventional or top swing. If you have a smaller frame the clamp may wind up between your bottle boss bolts on a conventional/down-swing version requiring risers for a seat tube mounted bottle cage.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    2008 frame set specs show it needing a 34.9mm clamp type front derailleur. The cable is down tube routed at 7 o'clock (on the left side) of the down tube when on the bike. So you need a bottom pull front derailleur.... It's up to you whether you run conventional or top swing. If you have a smaller frame the clamp may wind up between your bottle boss bolts on a conventional/down-swing version requiring risers for a seat tube mounted bottle cage.
    Thanks!