Thread: Zaskar dilemma

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Zaskar dilemma

This is my least used bike - others are a full sus San Andreas and my GT Ruckus. Want to build the Zaskar up as a singlespeed so and wondered if anyone else had, how they found it and best set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

SS zaskar

Depending on what you want out of your SS. You already got some awesome FS bikes so as long as you donít expect Zaskar to perform like FS, Iím confident youíll be happy. To me, SS should ride like a rigid, light, and nimble (thatís debatable). So any set up that makes Zaskar (or any other bikes) would do just fine Ė and Zaskar always had there characteristics out of the box. So I think just a few tweaks (a conversion kit and a few parts to lose) will make it SS worthy rig. I think a lot of people are finding that converting Zaskar to SS is a perfect 2nd life for Zaskar from these very reasons.

Here is my contribution.

I havenít ridden my AM bike with bling components since ChristmasÖ. Itís an addiction.

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Padi R
    This is my least used bike - others are a full sus San Andreas and my GT Ruckus. Want to build the Zaskar up as a singlespeed so and wondered if anyone else had, how they found it and best set up.
    Sorry, this is a little off topic but what year is your Zaskar? I've got the exact decal set of that bike sitting here in my apartment and am wondering what year its from. Thanks.

Beauty Zaskar by the way.... love it.
    2011 Cannondale SL4 29er
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Those decals are from 1993! There should also be seat stay decals that say "Competition Series".
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    Those decals are from 1993! There should also be seat stay decals that say "Competition Series".
    Hey thanks gm!
    2011 Cannondale SL4 29er
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

XCRACER
    Nov 2004

Zaskar singlespeed

You will either love it or hate it. I converted my 95 Zaskar Expert to a single speed just to see if I liked it, And it is so much fun to ride. I cant explain it, you just got to experience it your self. I had this bike on e-bay and it did not sell and I glade it didnít. In the photo I'm running a surly singulator. I have since changed to a White Bro. Eno rear hub. I say try it!
    Attached Images Attached Images