My gloves stink

Zaskar 100 - the bike from the X-Files

It's been said here before, and I'll say it again, the lack of buzz/info/chatter/reviews about the Zaskar 100 9r is just weird. It's almost as if the bike doesn't really exist, like it's just some kind of conspiracy to make us think it exists, for some unknown but no doubt nefarious purpose. Whuddup wit dat?
    I dreamed I ate a 10 lb marshmallow. When I awoke, my pillow was gone.

My gloves stink
    OK, so I tried it another way. I called the local GT dealer to see if they have any demo bikes. No, but they suggested I call GT and ask them if they have a demo program. I called- a "Cycling Sports Group" representative answered the phone- and didn't know, and put me on hold. I was disconnected. I tried calling back twice and got disconnected each time.

I give up.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Welcome to my world........
    Ignore them till they go away.It's corporate policy.

My gloves stink

Do tell!

Quote Originally Posted by blog hogs View Post
    Welcome to my world........
    Tell us about your world, BH.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Looking for a 26" small xiang.No luck,nobody can point me to one.America isnt cool/important enough to get one,why not hook me up with the people who can sell me one?Don't care what country it comes from.
    2010 trying to buy a GT bmx bike.50+ dealers later,I had one shipped from the UK.I was told by a GT rep on another site that the proffit margin on the bike wasnt worth the dealers time to pick up the phone and order one from GT.
    Tried to buy a zaskar mid 2010.Nobody had my size.Found three of them a REI.Phone in one hand,cc in the other.Guy comes back on the phone and tells me GT wont let them ship it to me due to a "vendor agreement"Oh well,next year.Next year came and the aluminum zaskars were seriously down graded to commuter bikes.
    Bought a gtr-1 from Performance last year.Piece of cake because it was in stock.
    Had a chat with a GT rep about my problems buying bikes over the last few years.I dont want to get into details,but phrases such as those are just buzz bikes to get the hype going for the new year and you most likely will never be in the same zip code as that frame let alone ever be able to buy one may have been typed...
    Been riding nothing but GT's since 84.Really don't want to have to buy something else,but Im not getting any younger and the last three years have really beaten a lot of the GT "love" out of me.Im not mad,it's just frustrating that they cant sell me a frame,let alone a t-shirt.

My gloves stink
    WOW, dude, that's quite a story. I'm surprised you're still loyal to the brand. We've had several GTs over the years; I currently have a Force. Love the bike. I plan to spend at leat $5k on a race bike some time in the next 6 months, and so naturally I'm interested in a Zaskar 9r 100. But there's no way I'm going to spend that kind of dough on a bike without trying it, or at least relying on several credible reviews. Back in the day there was a traveling GT demo van. Their current business model seems to be selling bikes as a commodity, and nothing more. I'm forced to look elsewhere. Hey, has anyone ever actually seen the Zaskar 100 TEAM model, or is that just another buzz generator?

Sneaker man
    Seriously BH, I don't think the 26in xizangs actually exist, they say they do, but twice now I've gone on a mission to get one in a medium, both times no luck, they say only in asia, or only in europe, not in australia...or usa...or well anywhere. talked to local gt rep guy who was in asia at the time...none there...
    I give up, was thinking a xizang this year, edge ti next year, now I'm going to track down a mid 90's one... don't take my money GT

My gloves stink
    Don't feel bad, Mik. Apparently they don't want BH's or my money either.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Well,let's not turn this into a bash session.
    My major problem is the xizang is the only thing left that works for me.I dont need a shock.Thought about getting a 9er,until I saw what the size small looked like.Ad a bottle and cage and your not going to be able to portage the thing,never mind all the "nice of your g.f. to lend you her bike: comments that would be uttered.
    Long story short,looks like Im boned.

Sneaker man
    still love gt, just don't understand why they don't want my thousands of dollars...

I know the world has gone 9er crazy, I just fail to see why, if you actually make something, even a small production run of something why you can't sell it to someone who wants to buy it... and this isn't restricted to gt or bikes...
    ritchey listened, they made the P29, people asked where is the 26 version so they made the P-Team for EU, then people said, why not US, so they (are) importing some to sell... its not that hard is it?

Hmmm...P-Team, if I wasn't so hung up on getting a Xizang, I think i'd get onbe of those

My gloves stink

No bash session?

Quote Originally Posted by blog hogs View Post
    Well,let's not turn this into a bash session.
    No bash session, BH? But this is the internet!

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    This has been setting on GT's facebook page for a few days now.

As you can see.They are chomping at the bit to hook me up.
    On a side note.I agree that most companies would be more helpfull in selling someone a 2k dollar frame.Whenever I bring this up on a forum,I get a few p.m.s from other company's reps to the tune of "hey we havent turned our backs on 26" hard tails.We can sell one to you no problem".
    Last edited by blog hogs; 09-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.

My gloves stink

Can't even find one to sit on

So I stopped by the local Performance Bike shop today, just to sit on a Z100 to see how it fit, etc. They must've had 100 bikes there, but not one Z100. They say it's a special order item. Criminy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    In Belgium they are available