mtbr member
    Apr 2008

who actually uses all the tools to work on your pre 04 idrives?

ive got an 03 i drive that im pretty sure i need to teardown to lube the suspension pivots ive developed a creak down low and i think its in some or the pivots or in the cranks i think from the bike sitting for a while. i live 90min from a lbs and not the original shop that had free tuneups so i gotta get it myself.
    GT idrive 4 need to find some more trails out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I don't have all the tools they recommend so I make do with a couple of wooden dowels, punches, rubber mallet and some other stuff. I improvise alot. Hee hee hee.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i just havent tore it down myself, i wanted to poke at it before tryin it. ive got a TON of tools so i figured i could get it out and back in one way or another. i think i just need to get in the bearing and pivots and get some fresh grease in there. i gotta find the manual to see how far i gotta get in there.

any tips or warnings getting into it??

thanks jake!
    GT idrive 4 need to find some more trails out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I posted some type of help in the yahoo gt I-drive team forum. You have to join the forum to look at these files. It doesn't take long to join and there's some good stuff in there. and of course it's free. I hope you join and get what you need from it. Here's the link:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/GTi_driveteam/