mtbr member

New question here. where to buy 2012 Force?

I'm looking to buy a small Force Carbon Expert or Carbon sport. I am having a hard time finding places that carry them. Seems most stores are very low on stock for Forces.
    Is there a reason?
    Did most dealers sell out of the 2012 models.
    I would consider a Force 1 also but still can't find many at dealers. The ones that I found so far are too expensive.
    Any advise?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Not sure on GT, I bought mine online. I was looking at a Specialized Camber and when I went into two LBS's here in AZ they told me that Specialized is about sold out of '12 models.

If your not dead set on a '12 this is a good deal:

2011GT Force 1.0 Mountain Bike (All Mountain) - Giantnerd®

mtbr member
    So all the 2012 bikes are sold out???
    When do 2013 bikes come out?

May the Force be with you
    Try these guys:
    San Francisco - California

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalchico View Post
    Thanks. This is Performance Bike and they don't have what I am looking for. They only have a xtra small force 2.0.

mtbr member
    Haha I think 2012 EVERY BIKE FRAME is hard to come buy specialized were sold out cannondale sold out trek sold out niner hell I don't even think niner even made a bike I wonder if this has anything todo with the fact that almost every bike is made in only a few different factories in Taiwan I know giant makes basically every name brand bike like Cdale and trek

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I would definitely try finding one thru performance. I love their after service if something ever happens to bike. I had a couple early issues with my GT force and never paid a dime and the turn around was pretty fast. I guess it helps that the one i go to has a very good mechanic too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Anyone have an accurate weight on the GT Force 3.0?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Also,I know that alot of manufacturers size their bikes differently. I am 6'3" 220 and now considering this bike as my first full suspension bike. I am thinking that an XL frame size will suit me but not sure. I am currently on a 21 inch Gary Fisher that fits me well.

mtbr member
    To the OP: the force 1.0 is still on the giantnerd site in small... Extra 15% off today (that promo comes and goes there).

To WK, re: the sizing question... The things I would think about are comparing your top tube length to the "virtual" top tube length on the force- and if you are going to transition to a short stem / wide handlebar setup. The standover height may be similar on the XL frame as what you are on. I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and I'm running a L force and a shorter stem. It was a little too XC / stretched out with the stock 90mm stem for my size.