mtbr member
    May 2005

What Force for me?

Im about to order GT force but just cant decide with the size (frame only). Im 6 feet tall, dont know my inseam measurement. I currently ride a hard tail with 23 inches top tube (c-c) and 20 inches seat tube (c-t). Heres my dilemma, according to GT website, large frame have a top tube of 23 , i want a longer top tube (at least 24) and thats extra large GT frame. but it has (i think) a longer seat tube (21 inches), 1 inch longer than my current bike.I may use longer stem to make top tube longer but i want to use shorter stem (at least 90mm. Is extra large too large for me? They say large is fine but my concern is that it has a short (for me) top tube. Anyone with a picture of their extra large GT force? Thanks. (by the way, no demo unit here).

May the Force be with you
    I'm thinking large would be a good fit. Enjoy your new bike.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'4" and ride a large frame. Its maybe a tad on the small size, but not uncomfortable.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm 5'11 and ride a medium. Not crunched up at all. Very comfortable. My arms are longer than the average 5'11 person. Go for large.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    roel... i am 5'10' and got a M force my hardtail is a 23" tt and so is the M force. I based my "fit" on my hardtail that I have been very happy riding.. I swaped out the seatpost (08' force had a thompson zero-offset) I put a thompson layback on mine to match the offset of the Kalloy post that is on my hardtail. The stock force has a 100mm90degree stock stem that was not quite right for me either so I changed to a shorter rise stem. If you get the frame that best fits you then you can tweak the stem and post to dial in the fit.