mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Updates to Sensor 9r frame?

I was just wondering if anyone had heard about any possible changes to the Sensor 9r frame coming out for say 2013? I am really interested but would love for it to have a tapered headtube. Even if it raised the price of the Pro it would still be worth it when you look at the other offerings that are out there with the same build specs which run close to $1k more. Heck, I could upgrade the wheelset and still be at a better price then the other offerings from the other guys. Plus it would get me another GT!
    2011 Quiring 29er Steel Hardtail
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I just got the Sensor 9r Elite and honestly it felt as good as the RIP 9 I road in Moab 2 weeks ago. My only issues were chain slap and my tires slipping. I agree about the tapered head tube idea, but when I rode the bike I really did not notice any difference. I love it! Some people I spoke with said it make a very small improvement, but not huge, and as you mention, for the $ it is a crazy deal. I'm on the lookout for light wheels and tires now with the $$$ I saved. Good Luck!