mtbr member
    Jul 2008

time for a upgrade/selling LTS-whats it worth?

new since 97.it has been a great bike but its time for an upgrade.i dont think i have seen any lts in any form up for sale on ebay or craigslist so im at a loss for pricing.the bike is in great shape(local shop was shocked at the condition)and i also just had the whole bike serviced including new rear rim,front fork rebuild,fresh rear shock tune up and everthing else just adjusted to new specs.the only thing i could see it needing is grips and maybe a newer version of the grip shifters,which can be had cheap.tires are also new,well only 2 rides old.both times were fire roads.so heres some pics.feel free suggest a selling price.

Slowly but surely...
    Based on other ones I've seen for sale, I'm betting you'll probably see in the $500 price range. But I'm no expert, so there may be some better opinions out there. Nice bike, btw.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.
    - Juli Furtado

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by fmdj
    Based on other ones I've seen for sale, I'm betting you'll probably see in the $500 price range. But I'm no expert, so there may be some better opinions out there. Nice bike, btw.
    Yeah I would say $500 would be the max if you were lucky. I would SPAM it over in the vintage retro forum and maybe someone will bite. That bike had its day and served you well but unfortunately they don't have much resale value. Nice bike BTW.......

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    I would SPAM it over in the vintage retro forum and maybe someone will bite.
    "What's it worth" threads are frowned upon in the VRC forum so be prepared to get flamed if you go that route over there, especially if it sounds like you're going to ebay it.

That said, your bike looks to be a 96 LTS-1 that had a fork upgrade and different wheels. I have one just like it that is my main ride.

I've seen them on ebay and I'd say you are in the ballpark at $500.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    thanks for the heads up.imnew here so im learning.might ebay it.i checked with the shop.it is a 97 that i guess I upgraded along the way.so a hybrid maybe?posted on craigs for 600 obo.id take 400 if it went to a personthat knew what they were buying

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_guy
    "What's it worth" threads are frowned upon in the VRC forum so be prepared to get flamed if you go that route over there, especially if it sounds like you're going to ebay it.

That said, your bike looks to be a 96 LTS-1 that had a fork upgrade and different wheels. I have one just like it that is my main ride.

I've seen them on ebay and I'd say you are in the ballpark at $500.
    Yeah I knew that but it never hurts to throw such a rig on there and be prepared to be flamed upon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

on a different note.......

i dont HAVE to sell the bike.just gets me to my new bike goal faster.being that im out of work (deputy w/a shoulder injury)i cant just work a couple extra days overtime.so in the thought of upgrades....
    1)is there a rear shock upgrade that is wort doing?i have searched with no real luck.
    2)the judy is tired,this is know.i find rock shox PIKE 2's all day long for under 100$.would this be a decent upgrade?
    3)i can deal with the V brakes and grip shifters but has anyone had luck with "X" stem/bar combo that improved the cockpit?
    i figure if i cant get at least 450 for it ill keep it as a back up.thanks for all the feedback