hardtailer
    Aug 2008

Team scream how rare?

Well I have yet to see a team scream bike on ebay. I was wondering just how rare they were? Anyone here have one they would be willing to part with? Not really looking to purchase anything in the near future, but I definitely would love to get one of those Bravodo's in team scream and an RTS and call it a day. Never was a big fan of aluminum frames.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4ever1994
    Well I have yet to see a team scream bike on ebay. I was wondering just how rare they were? Anyone here have one they would be willing to part with? Not really looking to purchase anything in the near future, but I definitely would love to get one of those Bravodo's in team scream and an RTS and call it a day. Never was a big fan of aluminum frames.

[QUOTE=GT4ever1994]
    "Never was a big fan of aluminum frames".

Just curious why?
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4ever1994
    Well I have yet to see a team scream bike on ebay. I was wondering just how rare they were?
    This the paint job you're referring to? Probably not too rare if they put it on these lower-end Timberlines (1995). These are my daughters bikes.

mtbr member
    There was one Psyclone on eBay 2+ years ago and there was a Bravado LE on eBay uk about two months back. That's been it. I worked for a GT distributor when the Bravado LE was made in Team Scream and they didn't make too many to begin with.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

hardtailer
    Aug 2008
    The bravado LE is the one I am going to try to find. Another guy told me they were hard to come by as well. At least the nice thing about ebay UK is its english friendly. I am by no means bilingual.
    As to the aluminum frames I just sometimes assume the worst could happen as in cracked weld and I've always been told steel will weld just fine, but once aluminum breaks its not as strong as it was the first time. Maybe just a myth, but the fella who told me that has been working on bikes longer than I've been around so over 30 years.
    Yeah thats the color on the timberline, but I don't think many people got that one either.
    Your lucky to have 2 like that.

mtbr member
    Those Timberline are very popular because the bike originally sold new for $429. The color change is in the decal though not the paint like with the more expensive Bravado LE and Psyclones.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

hardtailer
    Aug 2008
    In central indiana where I lived most of my life the only team scream bikes I ever saw were in the bike shop. Beyond that your timberlines are the first I've seen in that color. I know it was an option I just didn't know that they sold a bunch. I know a guy who can duplicate that paint. Its just a matter of getting a genuine competition series frame that you would actually want to re-paint.

mtbr member

i need a fork in team scream.....
    you can tell that is a really good bike,when the name is written on the end of the top tube.