mtbr member

Sensor 1.0 frame/fork only??

Not being a weight weenie or serious racer....more the weekend warrior, I like the GT Sensor 1.0 more and more. Only problem I've found is "frame only" availability. All I need is the frame and fork I have all the other components. Anyone know of anywhere a "frame & fork" combo may be had.

Already talked to my LBS, he's checking with his rep. Hoping for good news, but would like a back up plan it case it falls through.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I bought a Sensor 1.0 2010 frame from ebay, Germany. I live in Europe so it was tax-free on the way to Greece. The seller sold quite a few Sensors and Forces frames from new bikes taken apart.
    Check this thread, though I believe you have seen it already:
    Sensor frame weight?

mtbr member

Just looked at the German ebay site

They have a black Sensor 1.0 frame listed right now thats black.....doesn't say what year it is though. I also saw you paid 381.00 euro, thats only $517 US dollars.....thats a good deal. Wonder if it cost more to ship to the US then it did to Greece. Will look harder, thanks for the info.

UPDATE: Relooked, its a Force 1.0 not the sensor, but will definately keep an eye on the site, thanks again. You said, you had no problems with this ebay company?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Absolutelly no problems. In fact the seller is one of the very best I have deal with. He is reliable and very friendly, though only a few words on e-mails.
    After I bought the frame I had a close eye on lists and bought SLX crankset, XT derailleurs, XT 770 9-speed gears and XT shifters, 2 sets of Kenda Nevegals all in really low prices. Every package to Greece is priced 15.00 euro up to 31.5kg.
    Highly recommended, though I am not sure if he ships to USA. You have to ask.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    From November 2010 up to January 2011 he sold 6-7 white Sensor 1.0 2010 frames in sizes from small to large. Final won prices were between 336-408 euro.
    Keep in mind all were sold without rear shocks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by anesthesia-matt
    They have a black Sensor 1.0 frame listed right now thats black.....doesn't say what year it is though. I also saw you paid 381.00 euro, thats only $517 US dollars.....thats a good deal. Wonder if it cost more to ship to the US then it did to Greece. Will look harder, thanks for the info.

UPDATE: Relooked, its a Force 1.0 not the sensor, but will definately keep an eye on the site, thanks again. You said, you had no problems with this ebay company?

Thanks
    $517 plus shipping for the frame only?I bought my sensor 2.0 for $1425 complete with an additional 10% back. I could part it out and make money! This same bike is even cheaper now at Nashbar with the discount coupon.The Sensor 1.0 is $300 more

mtbr member

Nashbar

Just went and looked at the site. $1799 for a complete Sensor 1.0, nice deal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchD
    $517 plus shipping for the frame only?I bought my sensor 2.0 for $1425 complete with an additional 10% back. I could part it out and make money! This same bike is even cheaper now at Nashbar with the discount coupon.The Sensor 1.0 is $300 more
    I had already seen offers from USA but here in Europe shipping from USA for such a big item is expensive plus taxes would cost at least an additional 25% on sale plus shipping total price.
    I couldn't find a complete Sensor 1.0 so that frame was a good deal for me. Additionally I have built it with some good components I chose on heavily discounted prices like a DT Swiss XMC 130 carbon fork, RockShox Monarch 4.2 rear shock, Avid Juicy Ultimate brakeset, Stan's Crest rims on Evo hubs and Sapim spokes, Easton EC90 CNT carbon bars and stem etc. No comparison with the Sensor stock parts.
    Total cost did not exceed 1900 euro and the bike will have much better components than the stock Sensor 1.0.
    I never liked buying complete stock bikes. I want to built them with the best components my pocket can buy when in heavy discounted prices, but that's me. This explains why all these Sensor and Force frames at this German ebay store hit these prices.
    Yes, I agree a stock bike on discount is cheaper to buy but I couldn't find an offer on Sensors so the frame was just fine!

mtbr member

I'm with you there

Thats why I'm looking for a frame more than a complete bike.

I have a HT now that I just upgraded. It has all SRAM X.9 derailleurs, X.9 shifters, SRAM cassette and chain, Truvativ crank and BB, Rockshox Reba RLT 120mm, Easton EA70 monkey bars, ODI lock-on grips, Avid BB7 brakes/Avid Speed Dial 7 levers, Jagwire Ripcord cables and housing and just rebuilt the hubs on the wheelset.

So I would like to just get the frame and rear shock and take all my new components off my hardtail and put them on the Sensor. I might need a different FD depending on configuration and new cable housing due to differing lengths. But like you said, I will have a much better configured bike than the stock versions.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Absolutely!
    I believe that if I bought a complete bike and was selling almost all stock parts in order to buy higher specification components, I wouldn't profit. An unused component taken off a new bike and sold, will never get the original sale price it has as aftermarket part.

mtbr member

Going for a full bike I guess

Well I've been watching that German Ebay site for awhile now. He has a few Force 1.0 frames listed but no Sensors frames at all. Plus the shipping he quoted me is crazy, another couple hundred bucks

Talked to my LBS today, they have 2010 Sensor 1.0's on the floor. He talked to the GT rep while I was there and he couldn't get just a frame either. But he is going to match the price that nashbar.com has listed, which is the lowest I found on the net. Which is better in my opinion, still get the bike plus, they set it up for me and offer lifetime maintenance. Plus it helps out the local guy, good relations with LBS can far outweigh saving a little $$$ on the net at times.