mtbr member
    Jul 2008

score of a lifetime-98/99 gt lts 2000 for 100$

19.5" white framed lts 2000 for 100$guy had it just sitting in his garage because he snapped a hanger and couldnt find a replacement,and that was 5 year ago. marzoochi bomber,xt cranks,xt front derailer,esp 9.0 rear with the x0 gripshift.only down side-xt v-brakes.well i have not found rear hanger to convert the rear to disc but the front fork is ready.does anyone know what size BB7 i should use on the front?i figure ill just use the v-brake lever and go mechanical since they are so damn cheap.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Wow, that's a great deal dude. Sometimes you can find great deals if you are just patient. I picked up a GT Karakoram frame in pretty good shape for 5 bucks. It's gonna be my singlespeeder.I just need to pick it up from my sister's house in Indianapolis. I'm in Okie land Oklahoma. Wish I could help you with the questions but I have no idea what to do on that one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    heres a couple pic.other than a little dirt,great bike.other specs are mavic DH 221 rear rimw/ kris king hub, mavic 217 front w/specialized stout hubcanecreek HS,and brake stiffners front and rear..i going to put a 75mm stem,new fsa bar,u-turn front fork and try to swap to disc brakes
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    That's a great bike. I own the 3000ds version and I took it out for an extended trail ride yesterday after riding a Motolite all season. It left me missing the plushness and flickability of the LTS.

On the way home, I started thinking about putting discs on it and upgrading some parts ... things that I was trying to avoid and the reasons I ended up buying a Motolite.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Oh, you can get the disc tab adapters for the rear triangle on EBay. It cost like $40.

Slowly but surely...
    After you got the tab, I'd offer to trade you out my wheels and discs, but looks like that's an 8 speed there. If it's a 9, let me know and we could talk. I'd rather lose the extra weight and go back to v-brakes
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.
    - Juli Furtado

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fmdj
    After you got the tab, I'd offer to trade you out my wheels and discs, but looks like that's an 8 speed there. If it's a 9, let me know and we could talk. I'd rather lose the extra weight and go back to v-brakes
    def interested in the front.shoot me an email to
    aaronjanes1979@comcast.net
    show me a pic cause i might just buy them both out right

mtbr member
    I looked at a 99 LTS 2000 today in almost unridden condition. The lady was wanting $500.00 for it. She dropped to $400.00 on her own. I offered her $300.00 and I am picking it up tomorrow for $300.00. I just couldn't beat this deal as I am not going to use it as an every day rider. I just want it to add a legendary bike to my GT collection. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH please don't tell my wife!!! I didn't do as good as you but I think I did OK. I will post good pics after I get it. Here is one from her posting...

Cliff

"Friends Don’t Let Friends Get Friends Haircuts”

mtbr member
    Well, here she is...check out them Redline pedals and Spin wheel!!! LOL

Sorry to bust in your thread man I was just all excited about getting this...what an awesome bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    2 questions
    does anyone know the travel of the fork?
    and does anyone have a good base setting for the fork(220lbs rider)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    go to.........www.betd.co.uk

mtbr member
    Hi, Does anyone know where I may find a new Rock Shox Super Deluxe Shock like this , they are sold out although I am calling them to see if they will get anymore in and/or does anyone know of another shock that may fit on my LTS?

They have these in stock but I dont think it would fit right..

I think mine sat too long and the seals dried up and oil leaked out...

TIA Cliff

GT LTS Hoarder
    Cliff:

The trunion mount coupe deluxe at icycles will slot right into your bike. It's just a lower-spec rock shox. I think the only difference is the coupe deluxe doesn't have adjustable rebound damping. I haven't found a source for a super deluxe since they haven't made them in years, but occasionally they pop up on ebay. If I were you, I'd order the coupe deluxe and put it on and get out and ride. In the meantime, you could keep an eye out for a used Super deluxe, fox alps, stratus helix, risse, or whatever type of shock that's left out there that can fit. for 14 bucks, you can't go wrong. :-)