mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Sanction Question

I have an 06 I-Drive 5 1.0 and I am thinking of buying a Sanction frame and switching the components. The main issue I think I am going to have is the shorter fork on from the ID5. Will this just give me a less slack head angle? Is anyone running a Sanction with a Float 32 140? I think I need a new headset too, but that is not an issue.

Thanks for your input!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The Sanction will be more slack no matter what you put on it. Changing the fork will not change the head tube angle in relation to the frame but will change the ride and put you more forward. I've got the 1.0 with the lyric so I can say that I ride something similar to what your talking about because it dials from 6 down to 4 inches for climbing. IMO, if you're going to put a shorter fork, you may want the Force with less slack since you're putting more of a cross country fork on it. This will really rail the singletrack and switchbacks. The slack in the Sanction is designed for downhill stability. I ride mostly cross country around here and the steering with a full 160mm out is pretty slow. But when I go to Mammoth, look out! Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thank you for the input, and I did end up going with the Force...just better for my needs. Oh, and I bought a new Fork too...32 Talas:

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    man, what a great looking bike. Well done. That thing will take you anywhere you want to go.