mtbr member

Sanction 1.0 Frame build up!

I've been frame shopping for a while to pick a frame that is nice and slack and will take the majority of the parts from my current bike, a 2009 Jamis Dakar XAM II. My new joplin 4, freshly rebuilt talas fork(2013 internals), and MOST importantly, hammerschmidt crankset all swap over fine(ISCG tabs thank god). One thing however is my rear wheel on my bike now is a standard QR but the sanction is a 135x12 rear axle. Is there anyway I can replace the rear dropouts and run my wheelset I have now until I break it?

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    I've been frame shopping for a while to pick a frame that is nice and slack and will take the majority of the parts from my current bike, a 2009 Jamis Dakar XAM II. My new joplin 4, freshly rebuilt talas fork(2013 internals), and MOST importantly, hammerschmidt crankset all swap over fine(ISCG tabs thank god). One thing however is my rear wheel on my bike now is a standard QR but the sanction is a 135x12 rear axle. Is there anyway I can replace the rear dropouts and run my wheelset I have now until I break it?
    I believe you can do so... Or depending on your hub you might be able to convert the axle...
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Beer Swilling Clyde
    Yes you can, I did this myself when I wanted to run a lighter wheelset for long trail days. The dropouts from the force and the sanction are interchangeable. I was able to order dropouts for the 09 force to slap onto my 09 sanction which let me run a standard 9mm axle. Unfortunately, I didn't have good luck with it, one of the dropouts snapped on me and set my rear derailleur into the spokes at speed. Between the cost of the dropouts, new derailleur and replaced spokes, turned out to be a pricy part failure.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by missoularider View Post
    Yes you can, I did this myself when I wanted to run a lighter wheelset for long trail days. The dropouts from the force and the sanction are interchangeable. I was able to order dropouts for the 09 force to slap onto my 09 sanction which let me run a standard 9mm axle. Unfortunately, I didn't have good luck with it, one of the dropouts snapped on me and set my rear derailleur into the spokes at speed. Between the cost of the dropouts, new derailleur and replaced spokes, turned out to be a pricy part failure.
    Hi-
    Do you still know where to get the QR dropouts?
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld