mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Ruckus shore

Anyone got any info on this?
    http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,6...4764-1,00.html
    Cheers, Ben

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Turns out i'm an idiot, it's already on the website with some other 2007 bikes. http://www.gtbicycles.com/mountain/c...usa&brand=moun
    Ben

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    In theory..I love it. Might be going for it instead of Kona Stuff 07, which was my idea...

Ruckus Shore will be more of a all-mountain/freeride bike that will do 4x/dirt and street. Will run better in longer traditional XC trips and will outperform the Stuff in more aggressive XC, it's more suitable for more technical trails and will do be better at "DH light". In paper...thats exaclty what I'm looking for. I'm a little worried about sizes because I'm 6' and it only comes in S and M.

Kona Stuff is a pure dirt/4x bike. Built like a tank but heavy and due to its geometry wont be very suitable for FR/DH or technical trails. Will probably be a pain to ride for more than 30 XC miles...I donīt want to be limited like that...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    My boss has been riding one of these for about 3 weeks now, he's about 5'11 and has got the med and it suits him fine, it's very stiff in the rear with the large bracing and 12mm through axle, fork is a little disapointing, air preload and rebound adjust only, but doesn't have the bad topout noise of older dropoff series, geometry is def more hardcore trail/freeride but is comfie enough for 15/20 mile rides, wheelies and manuals pretty good to, so all round a great bike, hope to see more out there.