mtbr member

Rock Shox Reverb sizing help on Sanction

Hey guys!
    Looking for some insight here. On my 2009 Sanction, as some of you know, there is some sort of gusset inside the lower part of the seat tube that prevents the seat post from lowering all the way. This actually works out to be almost perfect using a stock rigid seatpost when descending as it puts the saddle in the optimal position (for me). Ever since switching to 1x10, it's even more apparent the benefits of running a dropper post so I'd like to run a Rock Shox reverb. However, taking some measurements I have some concerns the sizing may not work.
    The stock post (FSA Gravity Light) that came with the bike was 350mm long which I upgraded to a Thomson Elite at 367mm. Now, I would prefer running the 125mm drop Reverb for the most flexibility but the shortest length in that size is 380mm. I think that with the post in as far as it will go, the climbing position may be too high (I'm 6'1" with a 33" inseam and ride a Large frame). So, looking at the next option would be a 100mm drop Reverb at 355. My concern is that from climbing position to full drop the saddle might not be low enough for descending.
    If anyone running a Reverb can help a brother out I would appreciate it. The 2013 Force LE offers the reverb as stock spec but I haven't been able to find what length post it is.

mtbr member
    I'm also looking for the stock spec Reverb on the Force. Hope someone can give us some insight.

mtbr member
    Bit the bullet and ordered the 380mm version for my Sanction. Fits perfectly. I had no reason to worry. However, below is an actual email I received from GT's customer service in regards to my inquiry about the Reverb and part of why I would consider buying a different brand in the future. Every interaction with their customer service has been horrid. In my opinion, exceptional service is mandatory. Especially knowing the difference between the adjustable dropper post spec'd on your bikes and the front fork...

"Matt,

The front suspension is a fox racing shox 34 float 160 rlc fit with 160 travel. For more info on this and other models please visit your local GT dealer.

Thank you and have a great day"