Thread: Rigid fork

mtbr member

Rigid fork

Anyone have a rigid fork not in use that they´d be willing to part with? I need a mid-90s, 1 1/8th inch fork for my Karakoram. Color is not an issue.....

Thanks!
    Rich

UPDATE: Found what I needed, NOS on Fleabay. Technology is good.
    Last edited by Linoleum; 12-06-2008 at 01:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    What is fleabay?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gt jorgito
    What is fleabay?
    Sorry, I was trying to be a smarta$$. Ebay. Someone was selling a couple NOS GT forks, looked pretty close to what I needed. We´ll see.

I was not happy with the Judy C fork that was on the bike, plus I want to put my original cantilevers back on. There is something about the V-brake cable housing that just doesn´t work when it exits the groove tube and downward towards to brakes. It kept sticking and I was tired of messing with it.

So, I put the original Rock Shox Mag 20 back on as well. It brings the proper geometry back to the handling, though performance is pretty poor. The elastomers were tossed, but I´ve changed out to a spring kit, VERY stiff and almost no travel.... probably good since I´m nearly 190 lbs.

Seems I´m going in a complete circle with this bike! Who knows, I may get her back to showroom original, gears and all.......

mtbr member
    Linoleum pm me with the length you need. I've got like 15 GT Bolona Lite Chromoly rigid forks. Let me know what steerer length you need. All mine are threadless 1-1/8".
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    Linoleum pm me with the length you need. I've got like 15 GT Bolona Lite Chromoly rigid forks. Let me know what steerer length you need. All mine are threadless 1-1/8".
    COOL! 7 1/2 would be just about right for the steerer length. [or longer, I can shorten it w/a cutting device] I can PM you for the transactional details if youŕe willing to part with one of those forks.

Thanks -
    Rich

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    Your PM mailbox is full and not accepting further messages. YOU are a popular man!

I can be reached directly at: ecruiting@gmail.com

Rich