mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Rear Disc Issues on a Avalance 1.0

Any help would be appreciated, here is the story.

My rear rotor is rubbing along the inside brake pad. The rotor is not warped or damaged, the brake pads are fine and i even tried new ones and the rim is in pristine shape. Yest no matter what, there is a constant rubbing and I can really notice it. Any Suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Have you tried backing the pad off the rotor? Is the caliper mounted properly?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    what Koldsimer said is most likely the problem. If you can't back up the pad then you are gonna have to loosen the bolts that mount your caliper to the brake mount and move it slightly to get a slight separation between your disc and the inner pad. Then of course you may have to adjust the outer pad. Are we talking about hydraulic or mechanical brakes?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    the Avalanche 1.0 has the same hydro brakes as the Avalanche 2.0 SE... Tektro Auriga Comp's... easy remedy, loosen the two retaining bolts that hold the caliper to the bike and then clamp the brake lever done and then tighten, thats the exactly instructions from the Tektro website on aligning the brake caliper.. should fix the problem.. i had the same issue when i got my bike