Thread: Rear D Hanger

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Rear D Hanger

Does anyone know where I can get a rear Derailluer hanger for a 2003 i-drive 2.0? Or possibly a couple for a decent price? Any secret sources out there.
    Sometimes your the windshield, other times just the bug. That's life. (c:
    Mountain Biking Apparel

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Yahoo search for ya...... Good luck.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=gt+...p=mss&ei=UTF-8

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    lol Thanks gt jorgito. I am perfectly capable of using Google, Yahoo, MSN . . . . or whatever other search site you prefer. I was in search of one of those places it is hard to find that may sell this item for less than the normal $20.00 hence the "Or possibly a couple for a decent price? Any secret sources out there." statement.

Now if you were honestly attempting to help thank you, but if you were trying to be a smart@ss . . . keep it to yourself next time and maybe you won't drive off potentially great contributers to this forum.

Once again, if you were seriously trying to help. . . Thank You!
    Mountain Biking Apparel

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm not here to be rude bro. You're on the forum dude, I'm sure you know how to search the net. You just didn't state that you had already looked for one online. I kinda noticed that you thought I was being a little sarcastic at first. You could've skipped the second comment about me being a smart ass and drive people off the forum. That won't ever come from me. I love GT bikes and I won't diss a GT bro in need of help. Good luck finding a good D-railleur.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    You shouldn't have any problems getting a hanger. Most companies use the same hanger nowdays and any bike shop who would like for you to spend a bit of your money in their shop should be able to get one for you. Wheels Manufacturing makes a lot of aftermarket hangers they sell to bike shops through their suppliers. Or check out gtbicycles.com for the nearest GT dealer. Its a common hanger. Hangers are gonna run you between 20-30 bucks.

mtbr member

Here's were I got mine

I broke my 2001 Team I-drive hanger and bought two at:
    www.derailleurhanger.com
    They're a little pricey, but it's the price I pay for riding old school
    parts.
    Every day above ground is a great day!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    gt jorgito I appologize for my quick defensive remark. That's pretty much all I can say to that.

I guess I was just looking to see if anyone knew of an ebay store or something that wouldn't pop up so readily in the search engines. LBS is my next step or JensonUSA.. Everywhere seems to price them as said between 19 -30 dollars. It is ashame that they charge so much for such a small thing. I bought an entire rear triangle for my GT for that, actually bought two at that price.
    But when they know they gotcha, they gitcha
    Mountain Biking Apparel

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Yep, they know they got us by the neck so we have to fork out some good cash for the stuff we need. By the way, did you ever have a derrailleur? Are you looking for a spare or did you bend the one you had? It's almost better to buy the tool to straighten out your old derrailleur than to buy a new one. Hope you find the one you need.

J.V.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I actually need two. One for my '98 GT hardtail and one for my '03 Idrive. The one for the Hardtail is to replace one given to my by my father in law when I snapped my original. The one for the idrive is kind of a spare (I will probably buy two) but The one I have on it I had to bend back on the trail last weekend. Once you bend one of those things they are soft like puddy. Worries me getting stuck out there.

I am playing around on skinnies and teetors a lot right now and am falling a good bit. That's how the first one broke and the second one I bent on a teetor.

I could just back off the technical stuff but its just so damn fun
    Mountain Biking Apparel