mtbr member

Question about RP23 on a WSD Marathon

Background:

Bought this built up bike for my wife. The previous owner had replaced the stock shock w/ an RP23. The shock has recently been rebuilt (seals) it wasnt holding air.

Question:

I understand that each bikes have their own leverage ratios etc however, this bike with propedal in the "on" position and in "3" the shock still moves the same amount as it would if propedal wasnt on. Is there any special airpressure you're supposed to run on this shock on the i-drive?

I had this shock on my voodoo canzo (4 bar link) and when i switch that sucker over to propedal 3 that thing hardly moves.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Custom Built Caletti Steel Road Bike
    2012 Jamis Nemesis 650b

Terminal Pholocity

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If the shock was the original RP23 on the GT. Then it will still move. It shouldn't move the same as if you didn't have it on though. The propedal on the I-drives doesn't work the same as in a four bar, they are specially valved for the I-drive system. The propedal on an I-drive doesn't lock out fully. Try working with the pressure just don't exceed the shocks max pressure. I noticed that on my Force the shock still moves but the pedaling firms up. In order for the I-d system to give you its plushness and effectiveness it has to stay slightly open. If the RP23 is not the original then I have no idea what the internals are supposed to do. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    thanks for that i think you're right, it's difficult for me to get feedback as my wife doesnt have the feel for the bike to say yah i notice it firm up she just shrugs at me when i ask LOL but i get annoyed watching it. I think i'll play w/ the airpressure setting. What's the max air on the RP23?
    2012 Jamis Nemesis 650b

Terminal Pholocity

mtbr member
    foofighter -great music taste btw- a little off topic but whats your impression o those cranks?

mtbr member
    i've had a chance to spin them when the wife's not looking and it's pretty decent. shifts are just as good as shimano cranks so i cant complain.
    2012 Jamis Nemesis 650b

Terminal Pholocity

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You should be able to find it at the Fox website. along with the details on how to adjust it and everything.