Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5

    psyclone on ebay

    There is a pretty cool looking psyclone on ebay if anyone was interested. If I didnt just buy a new zaskar I would have definitely considered it and saved myself a lot of money.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

    Hope the link works

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by fazznick
    There is a pretty cool looking psyclone on ebay if anyone was interested. If I didnt just buy a new zaskar I would have definitely considered it and saved myself a lot of money.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

    Hope the link works
    Is it a Psyclone? If it is we don't get all the information on the frame. When did GT ever locate the model decal near the seat tube? To the best of my knowledge all the Psyclones had clear coated decals. Has it been repainted? and the rebadged? Those decals appear to be 1993 vintage. The seller can't locate the serial number either.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    Is it a Psyclone? If it is we don't get all the information on the frame. When did GT ever locate the model decal near the seat tube? To the best of my knowledge all the Psyclones had clear coated decals. Has it been repainted? and the rebadged? Those decals appear to be 1993 vintage. The seller can't locate the serial number either.

    it has clearly been re-airbrushed . hence the decal placemnt is my guess. si it a psyclone ? hm... good question. would you spec some low end frame with graftons ( no kookas !") and other highend stuff ? surely some people round would. on the other hand the end tube looks flat. if its a ripoff the pics are well thought of too.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    Im 100% sure its not a fake
    Last edited by fazznick; 02-28-2008 at 08:23 PM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,917
    Fazz,
    I didn't mean to imply that it was a fake. It's just that when these were sold in GT's Tech Shop program they didn't offer custom airbrushed top tubes. There was a choice of frame size and color and that was about it. All the ones I ever saw come into the warehouse and get shipped to dealers were just like the ones in the catalog and decaled as such. No variation. Maybe it's been repainted. I asked the seller a number of questions and he didn't seem interested in giving out any information on the bike. With the amount of decals floating around and available one has to be very careful and ask questions. It's big problem with all the aluminum GT's that get rebadged with Zaskar decals. I wish eBay had a special policy for bikes demanding that 12 pictures be posted and encouraging more close-up pictures. There's a lot that needs to be seen on a bike for a person to make a judgment on whether or not a bike is worth bidding on, especially one like this.
    Last edited by gm1230126; 02-28-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by kint
    it has clearly been re-airbrushed . hence the decal placemnt is my guess. si it a psyclone ? hm... good question. would you spec some low end frame with graftons ( no kookas !") and other highend stuff ? surely some people round would. on the other hand the end tube looks flat. if its a ripoff the pics are well thought of too.
    Psyclone end tubes? Are you refering the the cap at the back of the top tube? My Psyclone has a curved top tube end cap. I think the all do.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    The one in the picture looks like a curved top tube end cap too me.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    I was just putting it out there to get some exposure for someone I know. The person has had it since 93 and bought it as a custom frame and built it up from there. The frame was actually painted by gt. As far as I know it was one of a kind. A lot of money went into that bike. I also know it was one owner. He traded it in on a orbea alma.

    Oh and I understand you wanting to know if it is fake or not. I have seen a few fake zaskars.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    23
    Thats a genuine psyclone you can tell from the fillet brazeing and the replacable drop out

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovegts
    Thats a genuine psyclone you can tell from the fillet brazeing and the replacable drop out

    Tell me where in those six pictures you can actually tell a fillet from tig? It's impossible with pictures from so far away and of that quality. The seller surely didn't know or care to mention it in the original listing. JFYI that derailleur hanger was used on more than one model GT, in fact I own a couple that use that same hanger and they aren't Psyclones.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    Psyclone end tubes? Are you refering the the cap at the back of the top tube? My Psyclone has a curved top tube end cap. I think the all do.
    sorry of course youre right, got washed away. psyclones had round end caps too.

  12. #12
    Crooooow!
    Reputation: Deepwoods-Flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    54

    Smile I Bought it!..and its NICE!!! without pedals it weighs 23.5 lbs!

    I picked it up with the idea of parting it out, but it was nicer than I thought. The only thing broken on it was the ringle moby post. It looked as if someone took tinsnips and cut it from the bottom up for about 3 inches. I just cut it off about 3 mm above the crack and since Im only 5-8 it still leaves about 7 inches in the frame...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    167
    Nice score. I was going to bid on it but it disappeared! I guess you got it for the buy it now. Nice ride.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO carbon 29 2010 felt solo nine SS, 1994 Zaskar ,1995 GT Pantera, 2001 Hive Ti SS....

  14. #14
    Crooooow!
    Reputation: Deepwoods-Flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    54

    Its a great ride!

    Well Ive been on 29ers for about 1 year now and WOW...its so different. But is great!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •