Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Anyone have a picture of an XL Sensor, or if not can you direct me to one? I want to see what it looks like in XL.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    So after some research I see people are putting chainguides on the 2011 sensors. I have a BB mount e13 but the adapter hits the idrive. Which chain guide are you guys using? MRP has the post mount and the BB mount top guide. Will either one fit? Trying to figure out before I order.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Does a 2012 gt sensor have a 44mm headtube? Because I heard 44mm headtube can take tapered forks using the right headset

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    It's 44mm OD but you need 44mm ID to use an off the shelf adapter.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Post your Sensor pics here!

Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Anyone have a picture of an XL Sensor, or if not can you direct me to one? I want to see what it looks like in XL.
    What are you looking for exactly? Mine is extra large

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Just picked it up Friday. Size Medium
    Post your Sensor pics here!-20141010_115024.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Post your Sensor pics here!-20141018_171634.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Looks great. Hope it rides as well as it looks.

mtbr member
    Nice I think the alu version looks really good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jglenn6 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141018_171634.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	935796
    Nice.. I'll be picking up the exact same bike within the next couple weeks.. got a great deal on a demo and have it on kind of a short layaway plan. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    My 140mm GT Sensor bike build is complete, new paint and an array of parts....welcome to the fluro side!

Fox Factory 140mm CTD forks, 137mm rear travel via Cane Creek Double Barrel Inline. SRAM 2x10 XO drivetrain, Thomson Elite dropper post, Spank bars, Spank Oozy rims with Hope Evo2 hubs and Hope X2 brakes on 200mm/180mm rotors

Post your Sensor pics here!-image.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfnz View Post
    Nice.. I'll be picking up the exact same bike within the next couple weeks.. got a great deal on a demo and have it on kind of a short layaway plan. Can't wait.
    I did the exact same thing, not regretting it one bit!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I did the exact same thing, not regretting it one bit!
    Do you plan on doing any upgrades?.. I think the first thing I'll do is go 1x10.. other than that, I might swap the wheels for something the same width but lighter. I plan on picking it up this Sat. but won't be able to ride yet here in the northeast.. man, I'll be itching to get it out on the trails.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Do you plan on doing any upgrades?.. I think the first thing I'll do is go 1x10.. other than that, I might swap the wheels for something the same width but lighter. I plan on picking it up this Sat. but won't be able to ride yet here in the northeast.. man, I'll be itching to get it out on the trails.
    I hear ya on getting out on the trails, the trails around here have been garbage with all the freeze thaw going on. As for upgrades, making it lighter is all I've thought about. Wheels, tires, stem, and handlebars are all going to be upgraded this year, then definetly the fork as I plan on doing some traveling to some bike parks. 1x10 hasn't really crossed my mind because I'm still a new rider, and I want to get stronger before I do any drive train changes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I hear ya on getting out on the trails, the trails around here have been garbage with all the freeze thaw going on. As for upgrades, making it lighter is all I've thought about. Wheels, tires, stem, and handlebars are all going to be upgraded this year, then definetly the fork as I plan on doing some traveling to some bike parks. 1x10 hasn't really crossed my mind because I'm still a new rider, and I want to get stronger before I do any drive train changes.
    Sounds good.. when you look at forks, do some research on the x-fusion sweep. It's a great fork - a bit beefier with 34mm stanchions instead of 32, and about the same weight as the sektors. You can find them on ebay for a bit under $400.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    My 2011 Sensor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-wp_20150120_17_27_00_pro.jpg  

Last edited by googas7070; 01-31-2015 at 04:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Just picked up my Sensor today.. cannot wait til spring!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-20150123_161349.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Just picked up my Sensor today.. cannot wait til spring!
    Congrats! You're gonna love it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Congrats! You're gonna love it!
    Thanks. I'm not sure now if I'll go to 1x10.. might just go 2x10 to keep the granny gear. Anyway, do you know if the rear derailleur is medium or long cage?

mtbr member
    I think its a long cage because of the triple crankset. I just sold my derailleur and it was a long cage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cbj2012 View Post
    I think its a long cage because of the triple crankset. I just sold my derailleur and it was a long cage.
    Ok- that's what I figured. I thought for sure I read somewhere that the carbon expert, which also has a triple, uses the medium cage (gs) and that's why I got a little confused..but maybe I'm wrong on that. Thanks.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure Shimano recommends long cage for 3x. From my DH days I used to be focused on this but I had no problems with the long cage getting in the way. I did get GS on my XTR 11sp but only because that is what was recommended running 1x.

mtbr member

2015 Carbon Pro.....yeah baby

Paid for this, 2015 Carbon Pro, pick up Monday or Tuesday....why does time warp and become slower when forced to wait for something you desire immensely?

Post your Sensor pics here!-31-3014-buc-angle.jpg

mtbr member
    Will be much worth it! Man how a stem/bars and fork would transform that bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Will be much worth it! Man how a stem/bars and fork would transform that bike!
    Yeah socalMX for sure. GT has finally listened and learned, for 2015 they introduce a 34 150mm fork, single ring gears, short stem wide bars...and XT brakes - these are all the things the MTB community has been asking for.

mtbr member
    Just rolled out of the shop....this baby is ten minutes old.

Edit/ Now a few days old, changed over some parts and ....been doing 45mins of trail riding before work each day.....loving this bike.

Post your Sensor pics here!-2.jpg

Post your Sensor pics here!-3.jpg

Post your Sensor pics here!-4.jpg

Post your Sensor pics here!-5.jpg
    Last edited by Jado; 02-04-2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: added pics

mtbr member
    Nice that E13 wheelset is super nice. Looks like your got a shorter stem?

Short legs that dropper is slammed to the max?

mtbr member
    Nice that E13 wheelset is super nice. Looks like your got a shorter stem?

Short legs that dropper is slammed to the max?
    Stem is about 50mm and stock on the 2015 Pro models, the Alu X Pro has the same set up but 150mm Pike instead of factory fox.

The dropper was just set up like that from the shop, I have it up a few inches now, but I aint tall only about 5'9''

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post

Attachment 960897
    Congrats.. very nice.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    You can flip the reverb remote so it sits under the bar. Better protected and I think easier to use.

Also I have pull my rear derailleur cable around on the left side along where the front derailleur would site to avoid the two 90 degree turns and thus less stiction.

mtbr member
    You can flip the reverb remote so it sits under the bar. Better protected and I think easier to use.

Also I have pull my rear derailleur cable around on the left side along where the front derailleur would site to avoid the two 90 degree turns and thus less stiction.
    Hey thanks I'll try that with the reverb. I suspect though GT have really listened and applied changes to the 2015 model because i read every single available test and review on the 2013, 2014 sensors (even foreign language reviews) and many mention the heavy feeling derailuer due to that bend, but this is one of the easiest changing derailuers I've ever used... Possible that it us the easist. So i can only conclude that they have applied a change to address the complaint.

mtbr member
    Well if it works for you don't change it of course. The original cable routing is nicely hidden away and looks better that way.

Another good advice is get some of this tape:

Amazon.com: 3M COMPANY 2228 Rubber Mastic Tape, 1 x 10-Inch: Home Improvement

Use it to cover the lower and upper swing arm where the chain can hit the frame. It will both protect the frame and silence the bike. The tape is super durable and very easy to apply.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1108 
Size:	265.3 KB 
ID:	961673

Edit/ Now a few days old, changed over some parts and ....been doing 45mins of trail riding before work each day.....loving this bike.

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	961657

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	961658

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	961661

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	961662
    Hey.. curious how you're enjoying the bike. How is it on climbs ? .. I think all the previous years had 2x10 and I'm wondering if the 1x is enough for steep stuff. I have a sensor, although it's alloy so significantly heavier than yours - and I'm considering 1x10 myself.. hoping it's enough range .. thanks.

mtbr member
    Hey.. curious how you're enjoying the bike. How is it on climbs ? .. I think all the previous years had 2x10 and I'm wondering if the 1x is enough for steep stuff. I have a sensor, although it's alloy so significantly heavier than yours - and I'm considering 1x10 myself.. hoping it's enough range .. thanks.
    Hi, I am actually changing to 2x10 soon, just waiting for front derailleur to arrive. I had just purchased a SRAM X0 2x10 groupset and will be putting that on this bike, but if i hadn't of bought it i would be keeping this set up. Although i do road ride with this bike so i need the taller gears more than the lower gears.

Climbing is not quite low enough as the bike is built, but included in the start up kit GT includes an e*thirteen extended range cog, which is easy to fit. But as I'm changing it all to SRAM 2x10 I am not fitting it.

SO, if i didn't use this on the road, and i didn't just buy a $950 groupset, I would not hesitate just adding the extended range or buying a specific low range cassette. In many ways i really want to keep the 1x10 set up, so i recommend you go for it. The Carbon model by the way is not really that much lighter, only about 800 grams i believe.
    Last edited by Jado; 02-09-2015 at 09:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi, I am actually changing to 2x10 soon, just waiting for front derailleur to arrive. I had just purchased a SRAM X09 2x10 groupset and will be putting that on this bike, but if i hadn't of bought it i would be keeping this set up. Although i do road ride with this bike so i need the taller gears more than the lower gears.

Climbing is not quite low enough as the bike is built, but included in the start up kit GT includes an e*thirteen extended range cog, which is easy to fit. But as I'm changing it all to SRAM 2x10 I am not fitting it.

SO, if i didn't use this on the road, and i didn't just buy a $950 groupset, I would not hesitate just adding the extended range or buying a specific low range cassette. In many ways i really want to keep the 1x10 set up, so i recommend you go for it. The Carbon model by the way is not really that much lighter, only about 800 grams i believe.
    I tried responding earlier, but for some reason it didn't send. Anyway, thanks for that info..

mtbr member
    Why would you not just buy a front derailleur and shifter and keep the XT?? Actually I would have gone 9000 XTR the new front derailleur should be amazing with super light shifting.

I would gladly have sold you my SLX front derailleur for cheap.

I run 11sp and that is more than plenty for what I need but it all depends on fitness level, duration of rides etc. After a year of riding I could see it was all I needed.

mtbr member
    Why would you not just buy a front derailleur and shifter and keep the XT?? Actually I would have gone 9000 XTR the new front derailleur should be amazing with super light shifting.

I would gladly have sold you my SLX front derailleur for cheap.

I run 11sp and that is more than plenty for what I need but it all depends on fitness level, duration of rides etc. After a year of riding I could see it was all I needed.
    Hi, Well SRAM X0 is more on par with XTR groupset, it is certainly far more expensive than XT, and so as I have all X0 components, I have ordered an X0 front derailleur. On my old bike with this groupset I was running an XT front derailleur, but this is a high direct mount so it needed a new one.

I agree that I would be perfectly happy with a 1x10 or better still a 1x11 set up if I didn't ride the bike of the road so much too.

A typical day I will get a 45min-1hour blast on my local track of all-mountain or trail style riding (depending which track I do), then i'll wash my bike down- swap the wheel set out for a set with Schwalbe Big Ben tyres and then do 16km pavement ride to work. 16km again to come home.

That's 160km a week, and it just not feasible doing it with a 1x10 or 1x11 set up.

Agreed that I am probably unique-ish in how I'm using my mountain bike, but wild horses couldn't stop me from doing what i do, cause i love being on my bike as much as possible, same went for my previous bike. I know guys who have a road bike to do the commute, but riding a road bike i would be bored and constantly just wish i was on my MTB bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    So, I bit the bullet and switched to 1x10. After riding up some hills in my neighborhood my first thought was..crap, I wish I kept my granny gear. But it's winter, so I haven't had the opportunity to build up my leg strength. Hopefully it will be fine. If I felt the need, I could always put the triple back on and just replace the big ring with a bash. Not a "proper" 2x10 but fine for me. Anyway, this should be alright.. I do like the simplicity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-20150302_153959.jpg  

mtbr member
    I found the 1x made me push harder and allowed me to get stronger, after hitting a plateau using the crutch that is the granny gear!

mtbr member
    How about going down a size for the front ring?

Good point about making you stronger some times you need a push and you can do more. I am going single this year too and starting out with a 32T in the front. I should be very similar to my old setup so I think I will be fine just with more range than before.

mtbr member
    I run 30 or 32t depending on where I am riding. That is another awesome factor, takes 5 minutes to swap out! I also now have a 42t added to my 10 speed cassette, cost ~$100...

mtbr member
    I went XTR with XX1 cassette. Some really good pricing on Shimano at the moment with the strong Dollar and I was able to get some good money for my XT so the switch was not that much. I would have gone XT 11sp but that will not be out before the end of the year.

mtbr member
    My old GT sensor after a custom rebuild - now for sale!!

Post your Sensor pics here!-dsc_2838_025.jpgPost your Sensor pics here!-dsc_2824_016.jpgPost your Sensor pics here!-dsc_2796_002.jpg

mtbr member
    My current custom 2015 GT Carbon Sensor Pro (that I have owned since February) with some recently added bits for the drivetrain

Post your Sensor pics here!-dsc_2584.jpgPost your Sensor pics here!-dsc_2598.jpgPost your Sensor pics here!-dsc_2593.jpgPost your Sensor pics here!-dsc_2587.jpgPost your Sensor pics here!-dsc_2749_006_008.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-lpsuz9ednexsp2zlr8zpqc1946v3gmz2awbgt2d4.jpg  

mtbr member

I've joined the club... 2015 GT Sensor Elite

After doing a demo ride back in April and realizing I was at the limit of performance of my old bike... I've picked up a 2015 GT Sensor Elite. I think I've made a good decision, I'm really liking the rear suspension performance! Where my old bike got tied into knots the AOS keeps me rolling over obstacles much more efficiently! Thanks GT Bikes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-gt-sensor-elite-007.jpg  

mtbr member

Latest itteration of my 2015 GT Sensor Carbon Pro - now with carbon AM wheels

Post your Sensor pics here!-12371148_10207851481383226_943542770514591648_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloGT View Post
    Out on its first real ride
    It's had a fair few changes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345