Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi guys!
    Posting my Sensor here. Actually, I loved this bike from first sight on GT official site and found your thread here that inspired me even more.

It's mostly stock. Some changes made:

Rims - ZTR Crest
    Hubs - Hope Pro 2 Evo
    Spokes - Sapim Race 2.0-1.8-2.0
    Titanium QuickRelease skewers (77g pair)
    Tires - Continental X-King 2.2/Race King 2.2
    Tubes - Maxxis superlight
    Cassette - SunRace MX7 (6 sprockets on a spider)
    Brakes - Avid Juicy 3 + G3 CleanSweep 160mm rotors
    Grips - Lizard Skins

Greetings from Ukraine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-288ba9ef82e2.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-a1a6d70d1492.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-274c32798eaf.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Tell me about your skewer choice

Why the Superstar skewers? Do you worry about strength?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Skewer Choice?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TRVET View Post
    Actually, I haven't heard any bad feedbacks yet.. Therefore I'm not worried

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

frame question

I hoping that somebody would be able to confirm that all Senors frames made from the same tubing, IE: the Sensor 1.0 frame is the same as the 3.0 frame. Also is the any place to pick up a new frame.

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by Goinslo View Post
    I hoping that somebody would be able to confirm that all Senors frames made from the same tubing, IE: the Sensor 1.0 frame is the same as the 3.0 frame. Also is the any place to pick up a new frame.
    this is correct, my brother (ct19) has a 3.0 and i have a 2.0 its the same frame. only the components are different.

ive seen a couple of frames only on ebay but no one ive seen sells just the frame atleast in america.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Goinslo View Post
    I hoping that somebody would be able to confirm that all Senors frames made from the same tubing, IE: the Sensor 1.0 frame is the same as the 3.0 frame.
    They are identical. The only difference in sensor 1.0-3.0 is the components (fork, drivetrain, etc)
    Moreover, it seems that the frame remained exactly the same in 2010, 2011 and 2012

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    UPD. I've just discovered that 2012 GT Sensor frame have a semi-integrated headset instead of integrated in 2010-2011. So there's probably is a slight difference between different years models

mtbr member
    I got my Sensor 9r Expert for $1300 brand new at performance bike in December. I've already put 600 miles on it and I've loved every single one! It's stock except I put forte platform pedals on it and swapped the kenda small block AteShitOnMyFace tires for a maxxis ardent 2.4 in the front and a 2.3 exiwolf in the rear. My girl friend is getting jealous because I've been spending more time on top of this thing lately instead! I'll never go back to a 26" tire.

Iron Mt. Summit, San Diego, CA
    Photobucket

Rock garden anyone?
    Photobucket

Just had a bath.
    Photobucket

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    It seems you need a shorter stem.
    What can you tell about Sensor 9r rear triangle stiffness? Have you rode another 9r to compare with?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just picked me 11 Sensor 9r Pro up!
    Ordered Answer bars and stem for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-mygt.jpg  

2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    iDream Images

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidWanderer View Post
    UPD. I've just discovered that 2012 GT Sensor frame have a semi-integrated headset instead of integrated in 2010-2011. So there's probably is a slight difference between different years models
    where did you see that? gtbikes.com still says intergrated. granted its not the best website in the world but pictures still shows intergrated

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    where did you see that? gtbikes.com still says intergrated. granted its not the best website in the world but pictures still shows intergrated
    It seems totally strange but 2012 lower models of Sensor (3.0, 4.0 and 9r Elite) now come with zerostack!

http://www.gtbicycles.com/2012/bikes...ensor-9r-elite
    http://www.gtbicycles.com/2012/bikes...012-sensor-3-0
    http://www.gtbicycles.com/2012/bikes...012-sensor-4-0

Specs in 2012 PDF catalog confirm that too.
    Higher models (1.0, 2.0, 9r Pro and Expert) still have an Integrated headset.

CT3
    Hoodwink
    It seems totally strange but 2012 lower models of Sensor (3.0, 4.0 and 9r Elite) now come with zerostack!

http://www.gtbicycles.com/2012/bikes...ensor-9r-elite
    http://www.gtbicycles.com/2012/bikes...012-sensor-3-0
    http://www.gtbicycles.com/2012/bikes...012-sensor-4-0

Specs in 2012 PDF catalog confirm that too.
    Higher models (1.0, 2.0, 9r Pro and Expert) still have an Integrated headset.
    I see it now, only looked at the 1.0

That is strange I'd rather have the zero stack sort of, but the integrated headset is to save weight so it sort of see why it is that way. But it's dumb to have 4 different sensor frames in production

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'd rather have a zerostack too. 50g lighter frame isn't worth replaceable headset cups, imo.

I doubt that it's too complicated to install integrated and zerostack headtubes on different production lines in Taiwan. Same frames but different headtubes. It ain't cost any extra expenses for customer (GT Bic).
    But I have totally no idea why should one do this difference at all

MTB, Road, Commuting

The year in review.

I just noticed this thread: I've been riding my Sensor for a year now and love it. From lakes to mountain tops. Nokia Extreme 294 studded's are going on it TONIGHT Frozen trails tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Anyone here running a RP23 on their Sensor? If so, is it worth the money? I just have the R that came with my 3.0.

mtbr member

In my opinion, the Sensor doesn't need an on-the-fly adjustable shock

I-drive does such a good job of isolating the rear suspension from pedal inputs, I find myself ignoring the platform on my RP-2. What kind of problem are you trying to solve with your Sensor?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I have a X-Fusion stock rear shock and I think it would be the last detail in bike that will be changed.
    Totally agree with joe_bloe, the suspension is designed so well that you don't need a top shock to have a great performance

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I have a Sensor 1.0 with the RP23 and you can hardly tell the difference between pro-pedal and open.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

3.0 overlooking a sleepy Tierrasanta.
    2000 GF Kaitai
    2011 GT Sensor 3.0

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

2010 vs 2011 Sensor 2.0

VW, thanks for clarifying the difference by model year. I'm looking at a '10 or '11 Sensor 2.0 (XS, i'm 5'4")or maybe even a 3.0 from Performance. The '10 3.0 looks like a nice deal. Can you or anyone else give some feedback on delta between 2.0 and 3.0 suspension and forks? Drive train aside, is there a compelling reason to go 2.0 vs. 3.0 from a ride/handling perspective. Intended us is for the mountain park system here around Phoenix.

I'd considered a Sensor 9er, but the frames are too large for me. The challenges of being short (and looking for a sweet deal!).

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    i am also 5'4" and ride a XS sensor 2.0. Right now performance has the 2010 model sensor 2.0 for $1499,join their club and get 10% back. then cancel after a year.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I have the 2010 Sensor 2.0, bought from Performance, post #28 in this thread. I would at least go with the 2.0, Fox RP2 rear shock and Fox Float R shock. The downside is the chaep rear hub, Deore, mine went bad but was replaced under warranty and the Avid Juicy 3 brakes are disappointing, wish they were the SLX. I do see that Performance has the XS Sensor 1.0 for $1799 + 10% back with the membership. They didn't have the 1.0 XL at the time I ordered mine or I would've got it instead. Full XT, RP23 shock Fox Float 32R Fork, amazing bike for the price. You can have it shipped to a store for a lot less than normal shipping to your home and they assemble it in the store.
    2010 GT Sensor 1.0 Mountain Bike - Veteran Day Deals

David
    Feb 2009
    Hi,
    I will appreciate your opinion on size issue, for Sensor 2011:
    would men's S size (22" TT effective, 28,3 standover) fit a person 5,4 tall with 30" inseem (with shoes on)?
    I don't know where exactely on a TT is standover measured?
    XS seems very short on TT effective.

I like long TT with very short stem, but standover worries me. Unfortunately I can not try the bike anywhere.

Thank you.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast