Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Can anyone recommend a store to order a replace derailleur hanger for a 2010 Sensor? I broke mine yesterday on a ride and I dont think any of the local shops carry them. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I got my spare from ebay.If you are near Escondido Ca. I can loan you my spare if that will help.Also I am using the 4jeri derrailleur guard which really helps keep from breaking that short axle on the derrailleur mount

mtbr member

Replacement derailleur hanger

Quote Originally Posted by solly44 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a store to order a replace derailleur hanger for a 2010 Sensor? I broke mine yesterday on a ride and I dont think any of the local shops carry them. Thanks!
    I got mine from Performance Bike, where I bought the bike.

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by solly44 View Post
    Remember it's the same as the recent years zaskar and avalanche

mtbr member
    I'm renting a Sensor 29r tomorrow while I am out of town in Utah.
    I cant wait to see how the Sensor compares to my Force and if like to wagon wheels. I have always had some remorse for not getting the Sensor, but I am really starting to like how I have setup my Force.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Do you have a build/parts list? You have a 2.0 right? I'm trying to get my 2010 Sensor 3.0 down to around 26 lbs. I think I can do it with bars/grips/post/wheels/ust tires

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by ak57 View Post
    Do you have a build/parts list? You have a 2.0 right? I'm trying to get my 2010 Sensor 3.0 down to around 26 lbs. I think I can do it with bars/grips/post/wheels/ust tires
    Is that for me? Check my profile. I just added elixir cr brakes still using the csg2 rotors if that's not on there is might a little lighter

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    Is that for me? Check my profile. I just added elixir cr brakes still using the csg2 rotors if that's not on there is might a little lighter
    Yeah, I mean to quote you. Sweet, I'll check it out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    1st
    post that is,

whats up guys i got a 2011 sensor 4.0, my first fsp bike.
    love it, but she weighs 34 pds wahhhhhhhh

no excuses
    Quote Originally Posted by txF5 View Post
    Here is my 2011 Sensor 9r Pro - I have since added Answer Carbon Pro Taper bars, SLK seatpost, woodman deathgrip clamp, black flag pro wheels, esi grips and maxxis ikon tires
    I have since put sunringle black flag pro wheels, avid xx rotors, maxxis ikon tires tubeless, esi grips, slk seat post... she now weighs right at 27lbs.
    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Looks great. The sensor was a really impressive bike. I wonder if people have upped the travel up front to 140mm?
    Yes, I did!
    I just finished my sensor with a pike 426 Solo Air.
    Still climbs great and is much more fun on downhills. Haven't taken any pictures yet, just one before I built it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-sensor.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Are all the Sensor frames the same? Is the weight the same or are these white frames lighter with different tubing? I just picked up a 2011 Sensor 3.0 from Performance, I have only ridden it once at the bike park but really liked it. I am looking forward to getting back up there this week.

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater View Post
    Are all the Sensor frames the same? Is the weight the same or are these white frames lighter with different tubing? I just picked up a 2011 Sensor 3.0 from Performance, I have only ridden it once at the bike park but really liked it. I am looking forward to getting back up there this week.
    Yes they are all the same. One of best things about GT

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    So how much higher can you go in front travel & how does it affect the overall handling? I am thinking of putting a stiffer plusher front fork on my Sensor 3.0 & would appreciate the slacker HA when I ride the chair lifts. What's the downsides to putting something like a Rockshox Domain at 160mm of travel at the ski hill then back down to 130mm on my typical XC rides?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I ride my sensor with a 140mm Pike 456 Air.
    The longer Fork slackens the head angle and rises the bottom bracket.
    When descending I like the handling very much, when going up I realize that I sit pretty much backwards. Climbing Abilities are still better than on my sanction with a MZ 55 RC3ti.
    I wouldn't want more than 140 mm on the front with my sensor, because it starts to feel imbalanced. I think 130mm are the best choice for the bike, but 140 is also OK!

mtbr member
    Here's my Sensor 9r in it's proper setting: dirty as hell after a 26-mile ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I tried my Sensor 1.0 with the DT Swiss XMC130 forks on very steep rocky trails and climbs perfect. No backwards feeling. As said, I believe 120-130mm is the best travel for this frame. More than that and it starts feeling unbalanced.
    If you want more travel it's better to get a Force.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    A couple of pictures taken this Monday on a ride around local trails:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-1112260039.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-1112260058.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-1112260112.jpg  

May the Force be with you
    Looks like a Great area to ride and the bike is pretty sweet also!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thank you.
    Yes it's a nice place just a mile away from my home in the town I live, but almost everywhere around the island I live is a joy to ride. It's a Greek island.

mtbr member
    Mipi, do you have an idea what the frame weight is of your Sensor ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1 View Post
    Mipi, do you have an idea what the frame weight is of your Sensor ?
    Of course. Bare frame size medium without headset or rear shock but with all shock bolts and shock bushings and rear derraileur hanger (as pictured) was 2753g on my digital scales. This digital scales has 1g step and weighs from 0-5kg and is very accurate. I guess 2753g is 6,064lb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-1010290009.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-1010290014.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mipi View Post
    Of course. Bare frame size medium without headset or rear shock but with all shock bolts and shock bushings and rear derraileur hanger (as pictured) was 2753g on my digital scales. This digital scales has 1g step and weighs from 0-5kg and is very accurate. I guess 2753g is 6,064lb.
    Thx mipi, that would make around 3,050 gr. including shock, about the same as my ano Heckler I'm looking to replace.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The RockShox Monarch 4.2 I installed weighed just a bit over 200g so overall weight with shock was just below 3.0kg .

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mipi View Post
    Of course. Bare frame size medium without headset or rear shock but with all shock bolts and shock bushings and rear derraileur hanger (as pictured) was 2753g on my digital scales.
    Thanks for the info, mipi
    I have the same frame size, but had no chance to weight a frame alone or even complete bike.
    Well, 2753g without shock is not lightweight, of course. I suspected frame is rather heavy. But it rides just as good as my light hardtail, and just cause i can forgive a lot

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast