Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ak57 View Post
    That is looking really good! Now you just need to get it dirty. What'd you do with your original fork?
    Thank you!
    I bought a new frame without shock and searched for discounted new parts. After a while I had everything needed. The DT Swiss was a heavily discounted offer that I couldn't miss.

GT FIEND
    Quote Originally Posted by mipi View Post
    As the Sensor is a fairly new and not so common rig of GT stable, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread with as many Sensors as we could collect. Frames, complete bikes, stock or upgraded, 26ers or 29ers.

So all Sensor owners are welcome to post their horses.

Let me start with mine. Still not built after almost 3 months due to multiple reasons and hope to finish it soon, but anyway here's the beginning:

-2010 Sensor 1.0 frame, medium size
    -DT Swiss XMC130 carbon fork
    -RockShox Monarch 4.2 tune B shock
    -Stan's Crest / Superstar Evo hubs / Samip spokes / Superstar titanium-carbon QR skewers
    -Cane Creek IS headset
    -eXotic carbon 80mm stem
    -FSA 250 31.6 / 350mm seatpost
    -Vader 666 saddle
    -Shimano SLX 175mm crankset

and still waiting in boxes:
    -Avid Juicy Ultimate brakes with 203 / 185 rotors
    -Easton Monkeylite XC CNT hi-rise 40mm carbon bars
    -Shimano SLX rear derailleur
    -Shimano XT front derailleur
    -Shimano XT gear shifters
    -Shimano XT 11-34 9-speed cogs
    -SRAM 991 chain
    -Kenda Nevegal tires with Michelin C4 latex tubes
    -Clarks lock-on grips
    Your bike is probably what we poor people dream about . Beautiful bike and color sir!

no excuses
    Here is my 2011 Sensor 9r Pro - I have since added Answer Carbon Pro Taper bars, SLK seatpost, woodman deathgrip clamp, black flag pro wheels, esi grips and maxxis ikon tires
    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SGP495 View Post
    Your bike is probably what we poor people dream about . Beautiful bike and color sir!
    Many thanks!
    It's my dream bike too!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by txF5 View Post
    Here is my 2011 Sensor 9r Pro - I have since added Answer Carbon Pro Taper bars, SLK seatpost, woodman deathgrip clamp, black flag pro wheels, esi grips and maxxis ikon tires
    Great bike and awesome color. This lime green color on the bike is the definition of pure fun!
    The white gear and brake outer cables were originally fitted;

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Just weighted the Sensor. 12.38kg with pedals, and as the Xpedo flats weigh 240g that makes the bike weigh 12.14kg without them (about 26.74lb).
    Very good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-1106200001.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by txF5 View Post
    The 2011 Pro is a sweet build. My 2010 model didn't come in Expert and Pro, and kind of straddles the builds between the two. I've got the Fox fork like the Pro, but low-end LX/SLX 3x9 drivetrain instead of the 2x10 XT of the Pro. So of course, what did I just order from Performance? 2x10 XT crankset. I used the Performance Points I had from buying the bike, so it's like free stuff!

no excuses
    thanks, I am loving it so far. the wheels makes it handle even better. going to put on a X0 crankset this fall to drop some weight and change the gearing.
    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

mtbr member
    How do you guys like the sensor? I just got my Force 3.0 and I found out Nashbar has a sale one the Sensor 2.0 for less than the cost of my force (both 2010 models). I couldn't decide which one I want so I just bought both, the Sensor will be here by Saturday. I will have to see which one I like better for the type of trails I ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i just got the 9er pro about a month ago and love it. probably more bike than what i need but got a smokeing deal on it. so far other than a little adjustments here and there great bike look forward to riding it all the time

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Im ordering a Sesor 2.0 next week when they go on sale at Performance for 15% off to replace the Mongoose that has a cracked frame. Cant wait to get it! Itll be green....not my choice in color, but the least of my worries!!! Well be a 3 GT bike household...I have a Carbon Pro road bike, the Fiancee had a Avalance 1.0 and now a soon to be Sensor! Im excited!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SEVEN3 View Post
    Im ordering a Sesor 2.0 next week when they go on sale at Performance for 15% off to replace the Mongoose that has a cracked frame. Cant wait to get it! Itll be green....not my choice in color, but the least of my worries!!! Well be a 3 GT bike household...I have a Carbon Pro road bike, the Fiancee had a Avalance 1.0 and now a soon to be Sensor! Im excited!!!!
    Have them price match Nashbar. I did, got my sensor 2.0 for 1200.

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtcurry View Post
    Have them price match Nashbar. I did, got my sensor 2.0 for 1200.
    i did that too but that was a 2010 i believe he is talking about ordering a 2011 since its green

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    i did that too but that was a 2010 i believe he is talking about ordering a 2011 since its green
    ahh ok. I bought a force 3.0 before the sensor and I guess I will be returning that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yeah, Im ordering the 2011 thats near a neon green and has a SLX 10spd drivetrain. I saw the black.grey one your talking about on Nashbar. Im already "downgrading" from XT components to SLX, but I think the newer SLX stuff will be as nice as the older XT stuff I was riding. Regardless, I had been thinking about updating some things anyways.....what better way than a whole new rig??

I havent seen this green in person yet...it may take a trip to the power coater this winter for a matte-black finish....???

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SEVEN3 View Post
    Yeah, Im ordering the 2011 thats near a neon green and has a SLX 10spd drivetrain. I saw the black.grey one your talking about on Nashbar. Im already "downgrading" from XT components to SLX, but I think the newer SLX stuff will be as nice as the older XT stuff I was riding. Regardless, I had been thinking about updating some things anyways.....what better way than a whole new rig??

I havent seen this green in person yet...it may take a trip to the power coater this winter for a matte-black finish....???
    The green in person looks badass. Shines like a custom painted car

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    anyone posting any pics of the green Sensor 2.0? (the 2011)....i'm on the fence between getting my wife the 2011 sensor 2.0 or a Force 3.0. She's a biker, but not mountain. Thinking the Sensor would be lighter than Force, right? (i'm a Specialized guy, don't know GT too well). And therefore easier on her transition from roadie to dirt slinger

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by starry View Post
    anyone posting any pics of the green Sensor 2.0? (the 2011)....i'm on the fence between getting my wife the 2011 sensor 2.0 or a Force 3.0. She's a biker, but not mountain. Thinking the Sensor would be lighter than Force, right? (i'm a Specialized guy, don't know GT too well). And therefore easier on her transition from roadie to dirt slinger
    In my opinion get her the Sensor because:
    -she's not an avid mountain biker
    -Sensor is lighter
    -Force is taller and for more aggressive riding

Check here:
    http://www.gtbicycles.com/bikes/mountain/endurance

I think GT has a special women's Sensor model. the Sensor 2.0 GTw, not sure if there's a women specific Force (I'm pretty sure she will like a lot the Sensor!)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    thanks - yeah, we're gonna do the Sensor. You're right.

Going to do a medium non-women's specific. She's about 5'10" with long gams

She tried a medium 2010 Sensor at a shop, and it felt all good, so.....

CT3
    Hoodwink
    New update on the bike:
    Easton haven bar
    Easton havoc 65mm stem
    M985 xtr trail pedal
    Slx crank
    Ztr crest stock wheels

Cut the weight down to 26.0lbs w pedals.
    Size small with a downyuppy seatpost

im pretty happy with the weight considering nothing on it carbon. itll probably get heavier when i get a new front tire 2.4 MKii Race Sport and more the 2.2MK to the rear. but will go tubeless so that may negate the heavier tire

Last edited by CT3; 08-25-2011 at 12:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Nice Sensor.
    What is this purple chainring on the SLX cranks;

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Nice Sensor.
    What is this purple chainring on the SLX cranks;
    Lol you don't like purple? It looked better with the black cranks

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Just asked if it's better and lighter than the original, not particularly for the color.

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Just asked if it's better and lighter than the original, not particularly for the color.
    i dont know exactly how much lighter it is but i can imagine it is i believe the stock one was steel/mixture this one is aluminum and no pins. its a e.13 chain guide ring. bought it more for the color than the weight saving removing the outer rings was already a huge saving

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow View Post
    here's my aforementioned 2011 3.0.
    any suggestions as to what to upgrade first?
    This orange piece of hardware is absolutely amazing. Awesome looking ride,,,

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast