Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Looks great. The sensor was a really impressive bike. I wonder if people have upped the travel up front to 140mm?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i'm picking up a 2011 Sensor 3.0 today.....hopefully

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Here's the new ride, I just picked up this '10 Sensor 2.0 at Performance about two weeks ago, ordered in store from the Red Phone in early May, they matched the Nashbar $ at that time of $1500,00 + double Performance points for May so I also got the $300 credit. I just got it out for the 2nd ride, It is awesome. I love the XL frame, I'm 6'1" and it fits perfect. It climbs great and descends even better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-sensor_aldefer_i.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-sensor_aldefer_iii-resize.jpg  

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGrown97 View Post
    Here's the new ride, I just picked up this '10 Sensor 2.0 at Performance about two weeks ago, ordered in store from the Red Phone in early May, they matched the Nashbar $ at that time of $1500,00 + double Performance points for May so I also got the $300 credit. I just got it out for the 2nd ride, It is awesome. I love the XL frame, I'm 6'1" and it fits perfect. It climbs great and descends even better.
    did the same thing but it was in april so no double points, and it was 1600 for a week on nashbar, but still a could deal with the 160credit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    did the same thing but it was in april so no double points, and it was 1600 for a week on nashbar, but still a could deal with the 160credit.
    I used the 90 day price guarantee once already and got an additional $107 back after tax, GiantNerd is selling the XL for $1399 now, but honestly If you just printed out the price I don't know if Performance. requires the same size you have to be in stock or just the bike.
    http://www.giantnerd.com/2010-gt-sen...s-country.html

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i picked up 2011 Sensor 3.0....got it for 1399.99 with 20% back in points...great deal

mtbr member
    May 2011
    here's my aforementioned 2011 3.0.

any suggestions as to what to upgrade first?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow View Post

Nice bike! I would ride it and as things start wearing down, replace them. Highrollers are great tires but roll slow. Maybe replace something faster?

The orange really looks nice. Bike looks fast and mean!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    prob going with nevgals or small block 8's when the high rollers are done

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow View Post

These 2011 Sensors are simply fantastic. The color shemes are spectacular.
    Nice bike your's, hope to enjoy it!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    thanks...so far i love it.
    i'm wanting to start tossing new parts onto it!

mtbr member
    I'm a noob here, so I'm not allowed to post pics yet, but once I can, I'll be putting up my Sensor 9r. I believe it's a late-2010 model, in a cool platinum green color that looks purple under LED night lights. I've had it for about a month, and it's transformed my riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_bloe View Post
    I'm a noob here, so I'm not allowed to post pics yet, but once I can, I'll be putting up my Sensor 9r. I believe it's a late-2010 model, in a cool platinum green color that looks purple under LED night lights. I've had it for about a month, and it's transformed my riding.
    I didn't know there are restrictions on picture posting!
    Is this your's; If this is the one, it's a lovely looking bike!

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...-GT-Sensor-9er

http://twentynineinches.com/2009/10/...ensor-fs-29er/

Can you tell us differences noted between the 29er and a 26er bike if you had one before the Sensor;
    Happy rides!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mipi View Post
    I didn't know there are restrictions on picture posting!
    Is this your's; If this is the one, it's a lovely looking bike!

Can you tell us differences noted between the 29er and a 26er bike if you had one before the Sensor;
    Happy rides!!!
    That's the one! It's a cool dark greenish/platinum kind of color that looks purple under artificial light. Let's try another picture: nope, still doesn't work. Copy the URL for a picture:

h t t p://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1u2DIaXnQMJnS5_qdhLY7Q

Here's what I said in another thread about the Sensor 29er:

Quote Originally Posted by joe_bloe View Post
    I've got about a month on my late-2010 GT 29er. I've been riding in earnest for about a year -- started on a cheap Trek hardtail, then found a somewhat ragged out Kona Kikapu on Craigslist, been riding that since. The jump from the hardtail with a cheap fork to a somewhat better-suspended FS 26er felt huge to me. But that was nothing compared to the jump from the Kona to the GT.

I was worried about all the things I'd heard whispered on the internet about 29ers - heavy, hard to turn, harder to climb hills. I've experienced exactly zero of those things. I don't know if the difference is between an old bike vs. a new bike, or a 26er vs. 29er, or cheap Marzocchi/Fox suspension vs. Fox RL 29 fork and Float RP23 shock, but the GT just destroys everything about the Kona. I'm able to get up rooty technical climbs better than the old bike, in a higher gear with greater speed. I'm able to roll over stuff that would have me slowing down and popping up the front end, previously. I feel fresher after longer rides.

I guess they're trying to define a new class, somewhere between weight-weenie XC and all-mountain, called Trail riding? That's what GT says, anyway. 5 inches of travel front and rear, a little heavy, but hey, it weighs the same as my Kona -- right around 30 pounds. I'm still planning on racing it in the fall.

This bike is a bargain, too. I got mine at Performance -- went in looking for some shorts, came out with a bike. List was $2,300, discounted to $1,799, then 15% off that for the Memorial Day sale, brought it to about $1,550 plus tax. Apparently, it had sat on the floor there for a while, and they were getting desperate to get rid of it. I guess Performance doesn't usually attract the kind of person who would drop 2 large on a bike? Oh well, their loss was my gain.

In summary, I think the GT Sensor 29er is a real value in the FS 29er market. It's not sexy, or the super-serious XC 29er like my brother's Ellsworth Evolve 29er, but it's transformed my riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    If that site allows direct linking you need to add [img].......link ........[/img] tags around the full image address. See:

quote me and you should see the code.

mtbr member
    It told me I don't have enough posts yet to allow links or images. Not a technical problem. But thanks!

CT3
    Hoodwink
    an update on my sensor 2.0

anyone know the seat clamp diameter?
    Last edited by CT3; 06-24-2011 at 12:26 AM.

mtbr member
    The seat post is a 31.6, not sure what the clamp diameter is.

mtbr member
    Here's a newer pic of my Sensor 29er in the wild:

From Bike Stuff

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My contribution.. just purchased a few weeks ago. 2010 GT Sensor 3.0. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of those matte black 2.0s...

Untitled by akollgaard, on Flickr

May the Force be with you
    Very Nice!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Finally I finished the Sensor originaly started on this thread. After a long night fighting with the brakes and drivetrain, first "virgin" ride at 04:30 in the morning (it was night actually) around the neighborhood in the dark!
    Being used only on my hardtail, an Avalanche 1.0, it was quite a surprise how the rear end felt. It was like I was sitting on a couch. No more knocks on my butt, everything was passing so melow (and the Avalanche is not the hardest hardtail). Both bikes have exactly the same saddle so the difference was at least dramatic, like I changed from a stiff saddle to a VERY plush one!

The bike felt a lot lighter than the Avalanche and acceleration was noticeably faster. In reality I don't think there is so much weight difference but it definitely felt!

From that very first ride what I didn't like:
    -The DT Swiss fork when dived hard on speed it produces a "clang" sound like a hammer hitting.
    -Superstar Switch Evo rear freewheel is loud. Way louder than the Shimano XT on the hardtail which is almost silent.
    -No power from the brakes yet. The Avid Juicy Ultimates need bed in as I didn;t have any serious power but I didn't want to push them hard, force has to be applied gradually.
    -And the rear shifting needs more tuning as it derails gears right now.

What I liked mostly was that even with rear sag exceeding 30% and the Monarch 4.2 in the open position I didn't notice ANY pedal feedback even on hard pedaling. Almost like the hardtail but a lot more comfortable, a sign that GT's i-drive system is a very efficient one. Thank's GT!!!

Overall I'm more than happy with my Sensor for the moment. Well spent night even if my wife says I'm going nuts!
    Last edited by mipi; 07-14-2011 at 03:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    A few pictures taken in the afternoon. Not the best background though...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-1106200001.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-1106200034.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-1106200036.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-1106200060.jpg  

Post your Sensor pics here!-1106200063.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Obviously he's impressed with the new bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Sensor pics here!-1106200070.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    That is looking really good! Now you just need to get it dirty. What'd you do with your original fork?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast