Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your GT here!!!

1M views 2K replies 940 participants last post by  Pawtail 
#1 ·
Thanks MTBR for setting up the GT thread!

What would a GT forum be without photos? Post your GT pictures here!

I'll start with mine:

1999 GT STS-1000-DS
98' Jr. T.
2000 Magura Gustav Ms
XT/XTR mix

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
'99 i-Drive, LX/XT drivetrain, Manitou Black Comp (100/120), Kore/Syncros cockpit, WTB Enduroraptors, SDG saddle, Ritchey Comp pedals..............

Of course now I feel like a complete boob! Pic is too big. And I can't delete my post. Oh well. I'll get to resizing it someday...............

#9 ·
'99 Zaskar LE with the cosmic paint job....

The only thing that is stock today is the seatpost (Thomson) and the front derailleur (Shimano XT).... Everything else has been switched out... BTW as pictured it weighs 20.5 lbs. The fork is a painted 2002 SID SL. She is semi retired now as I have a full suspension that gets trail duty. The Zaskar is relegated to pulling the kid's trailer and a foul weather bike...

Jag

Attachments

#11 ·
My XCR 3000

This has and still is a faithful rig to me... has had many upgrades along the way like: '03 Psylo XC (u-turn) Fork, '04 Cane Creek Cloud 9 rear shock, XT/XTR deraileurs, Avid front Disc brakes, Thompson Stem and WTB Ti Saddle. Everything else is stock, not much I know, but goes to show you that the frame has withheld hundreds of miles through the San Grabriel Mountains for almost 4 years. I'm buying a Titus Switchblade this year but this rig is staying for many more rides ahead. Weights 30lbs., climbs well overall and handles nice. It rides very plush with the setup I'm running and the onlu changes since the picture are a new set of Kenda Blue Groove 2.1 (front) and Nevegal 2.1 (rear). Enjoy!

Attachments

#15 ·
2004 Id Xc 2.0

HI,
Anyone riden one of these? Any comments of suggestions? I had a 1999 Zaskar I loved, but of course, it cracked at the seat weld. I love the way GT's ride and fit me but am wary of another because of the cracked frame....but, there are some good deals on them now so I am considering it....any comments appreciated!! peace, eek

#16 · (Edited)

Heres my 2003 GT I-Drive. I know, I know, why the yellow wheels right?

GT I-Drive 3.0 2003
Chris King wheelset
Hayes Hydraulic Disc Brakes
WTB Weirwolf 2.1 Comp
Shimano LX shifters
Just added (not in picture), Shimano XT Crankset
Sun Ringle ZuZu pedals. I have mallets, but I am too chicken to get used to them.
Profile Design Ultra FR handlebar
Oury Grips, that got changed to Salsa grips
RS Psylo 80 to 125mm travel
Cane Creek Cloud Nine rear shock
Shimano Deore front derailleur
Shimano XT rear derailleur
Sram chain
Koobi Silver saddle
Race Face XY seatpost

#19 ·
GT Xizang - my super commuter

Xizang frame with no stickers or decals to give it a stealth look, so to the untrained eye it looks like an unpainted cheap aluminium bike.

XTR shifters and rear derealier/ XT front
Team Stylo cranks/ ATAC pedals
Bullseye front hub (Rhyno Lite)/ GT (red anno!) rear hub ( 0*XC)
Magura rim brakes + TWP levers
King headset/ Kore stem/ Avenir Ti bats and bar-ends
White Brothers SC90 forks

Attachments

#20 ·
Xizang commuter 2

LQQK said:
Xizang frame with no stickers or decals to give it a stealth look, so to the untrained eye it looks like an unpainted cheap aluminium bike.
I don't think the Titanium will ever look like cheap aluminium :)

I too have made a commuter out of an old Xizang but with a different setup than yours.
The overall mission is to have a super ride that doesn't draw too much attention to itself.

I took it a bit further and re-decaled the frame with Karakoram stickers, to make it look really cheap. The wheels are built of American Classic hubs and secured by Kryptonite skewers. It's built as a single speeder with Truvativ Cranks and cheap platforms.

I think it's the coolest commuter I ever had.. It's certainly the fastest :)

Here's the results caught on camera.. also an intermediate picture when the frame was stripped of all stickers (I saved the Titanium sticker though)

#21 ·
1997 ish karakoram

Here is the real deal, not just camoflage. 1997 Karakoram frame I picked up off ebay last summer brand new, 4130 cro moly steel, I believe they called this color stealth blue. I know its a '97 since I used to have this as a complete bike that was stolen in 2000. LX 8 spd shifters also off ebay. LX 8 spd FD from supergo in Phoenix of all places. LX RD used from Recycled Cycles in Seattle. Rest of the parts are from a variety of places. Wheels and handlebar are from my '01 i-drive 5.0 that now has a busted pivot, and I VERY far from a dealer to fix it. The reviews on this site are all true about this frame, bombproof, well ballanced, very forgiving, the only weak point is the deraillure hanger, and with the Saint RD's thats not really an issue anymore, I think.

Attachments

#22 ·
Hey guys,
I'm a noob here and I thought a proper first post would be right here since I'm a happy GT owner. My baby is a 1999 [or 2000?, I forget] GT Avalanche. She is pretty much stock.

The "Masters of the Universe" sticker keeps the bad guys away! ;)

Attachments

#23 ·
Great pics!

Here's a pic of my baby, a 2000 GT XCR-5000 I-Drive. I got it back in 2001 when a friend took a header into a ditch and got hurt bad. Did I mention he wasn't wearing a helmet? Anyway, he swore off mountain biking and sold it to me after he got out of the hospital for half price! I named her 'Beast' (see sticker) and we've been inseperable ever since.

Now, only the minor bits are left stock. Funny, since I got into mountain biking, I have yet to see another I-Drive with the same paint job. Rides great, I'll always take her out first when I'm exploring a new trail or need a bike to get me down the mountain. I've been bucked off a number of times OTB, not badly but enough to not take her for granted when I ride :D .

Attachments