Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your GT here!!!

1M views 2K replies 940 participants last post by  Pawtail 
#1 ·
Thanks MTBR for setting up the GT thread!

What would a GT forum be without photos? Post your GT pictures here!

I'll start with mine:

1999 GT STS-1000-DS
98' Jr. T.
2000 Magura Gustav Ms
XT/XTR mix

Attachments

See less See more
#277 ·
My beloved '96 Zaskar LE back in '03 when I was in NY for college. Been riding it for just about a decade now. Ever since I bought it as a frame in HS at 16.

There was a period where I traded the frame out for a '96 LTS-2 for a bit but went back after I snapped the swingarm.

Spins have long since cracked and been replaced with standard XT wheels. Graphics were my own creation just in case it got stolen and wound up on Ebay. Need to take some pics of it now.

Attachments

#284 ·

Older 99(?) GT Ricochet

Trying to decide whether to turn it into a commuter/urban bike, dirt jumper, or save as a spare mt bike...awful quality photo I know.

I pulled this bike out of the dumpster...the downstairs neighbor in college had this bike since it was new but gave up biking years ago and didn't want the bike anymore. works like brand new, out of the shop bike!

#286 ·
gt-heini..........Nice to see another LTS & in great shape.........What are your thoughts on the swing arm bushings?.......Mine are still in tact but would like to upgrade to the bearing kit......Its over $300.00 US from BETD & up until now I have not been willing to pay it out.....I may end up moving over to Giant / Specialized...........Regards.............Joe

#287 ·
Hy Joe,

my bushings are also still in tact. When the bushings are out of order, i will build a new by myself and will use standard bearings. I find the LTS-kit from BETD also to expensive.

But there is also an other bearing-kit available. It is produced bei stoeckli in switzerland. ;)

#288 ·
Guys,
i would go with the bearings if you can, i have said this to many people before who have asked, i replaced my original Acid orange annodised pivots with bearings some 3 years ago and i cant tell you how much better the bike worked.

i found that i was able to dial the rear end far more efficiantly to make the bike ride how i wanted it to.

Also it seemed to be more active and there was no more problems with SQUEEKS! in the wet weather when the bushings got contaminated.

they are not the cheapest but they will prolong your frames life and they can then be easily replaced when they wear without having the nightmare of finding obsolete , hard to find parts.

The BETD are the only kit i have heard of until GT-heini mentoined stoeckli in switzerland, i am now interested in looking into these.

GT-heini do you have a link to stoeckli in switzerland and a cost for the kit?

#290 ·
My new for me GT Team

I've been wanting a GT Team frame since the first day I saw one. I am one happy owner and everytime I see it it brings a smile to my face.:) Luv it, Luv it, Luv it.:thumbsup:

Attachments

#298 ·
Here is my Team LTS on a ride in the Rockies, fall 2006

96 Team LTS with a 98 rear triangle for the V brake bosses
18" ball burnished and hand polished with all decals removed
Bomber Z1 painted Ti color to match the Ti swing arm
silver King hubs and silver King headset
Easton seatpost, stem and handlebar
Syncros Ti BB
Rhino cranks
XT dérailleurs, triggers and V brakes

Also have 96 Zaskar LE frame 18", ball burnished and hand polished in storage

Thinking about selling both, I purchased all parts new over the last 11 years and loved riding both bikes. Recently bought Ibis Mojo Carbon so the LTS is going to storage as well, or maybe I'll put all the parts back on the Zaskar and make a killer hardtail.

Attachments