Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2049
    Huckin' trails
    Nice bike

Yes GT still makes bikes, however they were purchased by Dorel Industries in early 2000's.

GT is for Gary Turner, the founder of GT Bicycles.

That bike seems pretty clean and good shape, you could easily ask $400 for and then negotiate down to $200 (they'll think they are making a freakin' deal ).

Honestly this bike needs to go ride. Don't you know anybody who's possibly interested in that bike ? You could even turn it into a nice commuter if you ditch the Raptor tires.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Dallas CL had a '96 Tequesta listed for $45 a few weeks ago. I believe the ad was up for awhile...
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member
    What size is it and where are you located?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Nice bike

Yes GT still makes bikes, however they were purchased by Dorel Industries in early 2000's.

GT is for Gary Turner, the founder of GT Bicycles.

That bike seems pretty clean and good shape, you could easily ask $400 for and then negotiate down to $200 (they'll think they are making a freakin' deal ).

Honestly this bike needs to go ride. Don't you know anybody who's possibly interested in that bike ? You could even turn it into a nice commuter if you ditch the Raptor tires.

Thanks man, yea it's in great shape... so $200 bucks huh? I might hang on to it for a while the way gas is going up, etc... It needs a tune up bad though some new grease, etc, etc... I am in Marietta, GA. How much does tune up's go for now? I know the RockShocks might need some oil or something. I was amazed that the tubes blew up with air it's been hanging up for 12 years now and been through dramatic temperature swings.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander_SIG View Post
    Thanks man, yea it's in great shape... so $200 bucks huh? I might hang on to it for a while the way gas is going up, etc... It needs a tune up bad though some new grease, etc, etc... I am in Marietta, GA. How much does tune up's go for now? I know the RockShocks might need some oil or something. I was amazed that the tubes blew up with air it's been hanging up for 12 years now and been through dramatic temperature swings.
    In my experience tubes will last forever in those conditions. Tires on the other hand, you should check for the sidewalls rotting...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Size?

Quote Originally Posted by Medic Zero View Post
    What size is it and where are you located?

What do you mean by what size is it? I have more pics if that helps?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-img_3176-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3177-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3179-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3180-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3181-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3182-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3185-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3188-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3189-small.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_3192-small.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Cool

In my experience tubes will last forever in those conditions. Tires on the other hand, you should check for the sidewalls rotting...
    Will do, but I think they are cool... What tires should I switch too? I would be riding on street and off-road.

Huckin' trails
    Well you can do it all by yourself. A tune up as you describe could go for as much as $50, so what you could do is spend those $$ at your lbs on tools and parts you'll need to get this baby back on track do it by yourself. If you ever have a question, just ask over here, the forums are full of helpful fellow riders. Plus your lbs is your best friend for taking care of your bike. Your fork should be very easy to do, you can even find the complete manual online that explains step by step.

Post up pics in the vintage forum when you make it shine again
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Nice

Well you can do it all by yourself. A tune up as you describe could go for as much as $50, so what you could do is spend those $$ at your lbs on tools and parts you'll need to get this baby back on track do it by yourself. If you ever have a question, just ask over here, the forums are full of helpful fellow riders. Plus your lbs is your best friend for taking care of your bike. Your fork should be very easy to do, you can even find the complete manual online that explains step by step.

Post up pics in the vintage forum when you make it shine again
    Nice man! Thanks for the info... The back gears are a little slow to change what might be causing that? Is there a tune up DIY link somewhere?

Huckin' trails
    You should probably check your cables and housing. They might need to be replaced or cleaned up.

Visit the website of Park Tools for many tutorials and infos, and YouTube vids.

It isn't hard, just have to learn. I already build up 4 bikes myself and full overhaul on 3 others. Read around the forums and you'll get much more knowledge then.

mtbr member
    You should probably check your cables and housing. They might need to be replaced or cleaned up.

Visit the website of Park Tools for many tutorials and infos, and YouTube vids.

It isn't hard, just have to learn. I already build up 4 bikes myself and full overhaul on 3 others. Read around the forums and you'll get much more knowledge then.
    +1

I'd pick out a bike shop near you and go in and ask them to adjust the rear derailleur/replace the cables and housings and suggest some tires for the sort of riding you are going to be doing. Unless you have nice wire cutters and are fairly mechanically inclined then replacing the cables and housings and indexing the rear cassette can be a bit of a challenge.

From those photos the tire rubber looks to be in good shape (is it supple?), if you are going to be doing mountain biking part of the time and riding around the city at other times, personally I'd pick up some tire levers and some city tires and swap them out if you are doing these activities on separate days.

If you have multiple bike shops fairly conveniently located, online rating services might give you an idea which is friendliest. Unfortunately some have attitude.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Quick

+1

I'd pick out a bike shop near you and go in and ask them to adjust the rear derailleur/replace the cables and housings and suggest some tires for the sort of riding you are going to be doing. Unless you have nice wire cutters and are fairly mechanically inclined then replacing the cables and housings and indexing the rear cassette can be a bit of a challenge.

From those photos the tire rubber looks to be in good shape (is it supple?), if you are going to be doing mountain biking part of the time and riding around the city at other times, personally I'd pick up some tire levers and some city tires and swap them out if you are doing these activities on separate days.

If you have multiple bike shops fairly conveniently located, online rating services might give you an idea which is friendliest. Unfortunately some have attitude.
    Hey, yea my Wheels have the quick release built in already, that is a good idea to just switch the wheels and tires all at once quick like... I will try some grease on the gear cables they look like they are in pretty good shape.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Huckin' trails
    Hey, yea my Wheels have the quick release built in already, that is a good idea to just switch the wheels and tires all at once quick like... I will try some grease on the gear cables they look like they are in pretty good shape.

Thanks for all the info guys!
    No, no grease on cables please !

You can always use some Teflon based lube, liquid-wrench has given me good results, but you should not have to lube cables normally.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Zinn book

I highly recommend picking up "Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance"
    I picked up an earlier version in college and I went from knowing zero about bike maintenance to completely rebuilding my '94 GT backwoods in 1999. I just picked up a newer version a couple years ago (my old one grew legs and walked off somewhere along the the way ) and definitely referred to it a couple times while I was building up my new Specialized Rockhopper SL SS 29er (i know, not a GT, but i like the ebb.)

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    OK.. thanks all!

mtbr member
    I used to work at a LBS that sold GTs. Liked looking through this thread alot. I wish I still had my ink colored zaskar and ghost flame karakoram. Really liked both of those alot....

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1330477493646.jpg  

mtbr member
    Ricky916: That's a nice picture... but is that a GT? Nevertheless, that's still a nice picture.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
    Ricky916: That's a nice picture... but is that a GT? Nevertheless, that's still a nice picture.
    It looks like one of the newer i-drive models.
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Of course it is why would I post a non gt? Lol GT is all I ride! Its a 07 idrive 5. Absolutely love the idrive suspension. Also thanks the picture came out really nice for a stock nexus s 4g camera (5mp) no editing either

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm not familiar with much go GTs lines except for seeing the triple triangle. My tunnel vision stems from ignorance.. But thankfully I am still able to learn something new everyday. I'm a bit backwards in cellphone technology... I still use a Treo 650 that only has less than a megapixel camera and lousy lens. I really need a new phone, new bike,... Err.. Let's just say I really need more money.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm not familiar with much go GTs lines except for seeing the triple triangle. My tunnel vision stems from ignorance.. But thankfully I am still able to learn something new everyday. I'm a bit backwards in cellphone technology... I still use a Treo 650 that only has less than a megapixel camera and lousy lens. I really need a new phone, new bike,... Err.. Let's just say I really need more money.
    haha I used to have a Treo too, years back though, well the picture doesn't look so good on my computer screen (non-hd) as it does on my phone (super amoled).
    Last edited by ricky916; 02-29-2012 at 04:20 PM.

GT:The ride of your life!
    Jul 2008
    Hi !
    My Marathon Expert 2009, this bike will change in training bike when the Zaskar 100 2012 arrived:

Greetings from Brasil !

May the Force be with you
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Rodriguez View Post
    Hi !
    My Marathon Expert 2009, this bike will change in training bike when the Zaskar 100 2012 arrived:

Greetings from Brasil !

Sweet bike! . Congrats on the new Zaskar

GT:The ride of your life!
    Jul 2008
    Hi !
    Thanks Norcalchico !
    This Marathon team 2010 was my training bike...Now I sell this, and bought the Zaskar 100 2012.

Greetings from Brasil !

Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast