Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Disc adaptor

As boredhousewife said, it's an A2Z adaptor - works really well with my Zaskar (if your frame's got a flat rear dropout, the adaptor just bolts around it). It cost about 25 here in the UK and it's worked fine for at least 5 years (still going). If you don't do ebay this seems to be a US stockist. It's been a real fit and forget upgrade and well worth it from my experience.
    Last edited by Padi R; 10-24-2007 at 12:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Padi R
    As boredhousewife said, it's an A2Z adaptor - works really well with my Zaskar (if your frame's got a flat rear dropout, the adaptor just bolts around it). It cost about 25 here in the UK and it's worked fine for at least 5 years (still going). If you don't do ebay this seems to be a US stockist. It's been a real fit and forget upgrade and well worth it from my experience.

or 25 bucks in germany.

mtbr member

or 25 bucks in germany. www.hibike.de

mtbr member

or 25 bucks in germany. www.hibike.de

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

A2Z adaptor

This is the adaptor fitted to my Zaskar - it looks neater if your brake fits directly to an IS mount. Not a very clear pic, but it should give you an idea. Very easy to fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Padi R; 10-24-2007 at 11:10 AM.

mtbr member
    This is the adaptor fitted to my Zaskar - it looks neater if your brake fits directly to an IS mount. Not a very clear pic, but it should give you an idea. Very easy to fit.

i have the same one at my gt lts.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

My GT

Hi,

Here are some photos of my GT

[SIZE="4"]Y[/SIZE]oU mAdE [SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]M[/SIZE][/SIZE]e wEa[SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"]R[/SIZE][/SIZE] a bIcYcle hEl[SIZE="4"]m[/SIZE]eT!!!

mtbr member

Gt Sts Dh

Here is my new one

GT STS DH

I ride with this bike only cc no downhill

In the next days i will change the seatpost and give the bike new decals. Then it is complete

Torque me. Make me spin!

GT XCR 1000 iDrive (1999)

Here's my GT XCR 1000 iDrive (1999). Faster than a 29er.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

1 ride and I'm loving GT!

I was I.M.ing with Frankie B he other day and he thought I should post some pictures on my new bike. I think its because Frankie is a big GT fan. I haven't ridden off road in 4 years and that was on a three year old Santa Cruz Superlight. I bought this tax included with a 20% off ecoupon from Performance for $762 total. The functionality of off road componenst has come a long way since I built my last MTB and the fork works excellent. I've made a few changes to the bike since the stock pedals where not to my liking and the same with the saddle. I also changed out the post for one that is 105 grams lighter and 50mm longer since I wanted about 1 cm more of post which was about 1cm past the minimum insertion line of the stock post. I also took off the quick release seatpost clamp and replaced it with an Omni Racer clamp I had laying around. I also put on a alloy top cap bolt and my Batman top cap. With those couple of changes and getting rid of the reflectors and pie plate I dropped a little over a pound off the bike. It is no ww at 24.3 lbs for a size medium and I do have a few simple and cheap things to do which will get it under 24 lbs but I don't and won't MTB enough to turn it inot a full blown ww project. And if you believe that.....

Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy C gone and it now has Time Carbon ATAC XS pedals
    Headset: FSA Threadless
    Grips/Tape: GT Lock Down
    Wheelset: Hubs: Shimano LX; Rims: WTB Dual Duty XC double wall and 15 gauge spokes and alloy nipples.
    Frame: Hydroformed Kinesis Superlight Custom Frame
    Tires: Kenda Karma, 26 x 2.0 w/ Kevlar bead
    Fork: Rock Shox Recon 351 Air, 80mm of travel w/ Aluminum steerer and rebound adjust
    Saddle: SDG Bel Air gone now a Selle Italia Storkia
    Chain: Shimano 9-speed
    Shifters: Shimano 9-speed LX Triggers
    Crankset: Shimano Deore LX, 2-piece design, 44-32-22T
    Brakes: Avid Single digit
    Front Derailleur: Shimano LX
    Levers: Shimano LX
    Bottom Bracket: Shimano LX outboard oversize bearings
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano LX, non-rapid rise
    Seatpost: SL Alloy Micro Adjust gone now a Profile carbon Elita 400mm
    Cassette: SRAM, 11-32T, 9-speed
    Stem: TruVativ XR 4-bolt, cold forged stem w/ laser etching sooh to be replaced with a Token 110 gram stem
    Handlebar: TruVativ XR XC 6061 Aluminum w/ 6 degree sweep and 680mm width soon to be replaced with a carbon FSA low rise bar.

mtbr member
    Great looking bike. Congrats on your ride!
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Dear 'Ol Poachy. Still willing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

06 Avalanche 3.0

Picked it up a month ago. Now looking for a new fork

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Here's mine...

mtbr member
    nice bike ten ton! I'd assume thats a ID5 1.0? I've got a ID4 5.0. damn nice bike. and a great color. there have been some times where I wished I could get the seat lower for downhill sections tho. other than that and a stiff fork it's all good

mtbr member
    Great frame but the standard fork is crap!! I have an Avalanche 2, the first thing I did after my teeth stopped rattling was get a Rock shock Reba SL (at a bargain price of $420 Au) on the bike and u won't believe the difference in handling and ride. Enjoy

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    my new toy! '99 GT XCR 4000 with fox float,serfas R/X seat, and welgo clips. looking to upgrade wheels, brakes, and saddle. new forjk would be nice too. lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Thanks, its actually an XC4 1.0, I bought the frame and built it up from scratch mainly for big rides and enduros.

mtbr member

Good job! GT Avalanche

Here's my now semi retired Avalanche 2. Clocked up 4000ks on a combo of road, trails and 4 enduro events. Now riding a dual sus Trance but the GT has been a great bike. Upgraded the fork to a Reba SL (great move) upgraded chain, cassette, and rear hub but everything else is standard. Have removed the shimano pedals etc as I mostly use the bike now as a training bike on the road and light trails.
    The frame is still superb and the reason behind the great handling of the Avanche series. Several mates have offered to but the bike, but why sell??
    • File Type: jpg GT.JPG (269.2 KB, 2413 views)

mtbr member

zaskar gt

syncros: bottom braket,seatpost,cranks,rims,riser,stem
    gt: frame,ti-hubs
    real: brake levers
    pace: fork rc30

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper1
    Here's my now semi retired Avalanche 2. Clocked up 4000ks on a combo of road, trails and 4 enduro events. Now riding a dual sus Trance but the GT has been a great bike. Upgraded the fork to a Reba SL (great move) upgraded chain, cassette, and rear hub but everything else is standard. Have removed the shimano pedals etc as I mostly use the bike now as a training bike on the road and light trails.
    The frame is still superb and the reason behind the great handling of the Avanche series. Several mates have offered to but the bike, but why sell??
    Nice.

I still have an avalanche frame exactly like that. The fork was crap and I got a sponsor for last season, so I changed. I'm planning on building it up as a SS with discs and an 80mm fork. Those frames are brilliant.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    My 96 Zaskar LE

What could go wrong ...

1996 GT Team RTS

Not a thing stock about it ... (notice the disc brakes) and I still race on this bike
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Here's my Psyclone again. Tried to edit my original post but it wouldn't let me. I just upgraded a bunch of parts and took new photos, so here's one...

IMG_2415rs.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice looker DJ. Did you just pick that up or have you had it awhile?
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast