Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 2216
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    togoparts.com/marketplace/uploads/large-adpic1-1313180657-30621.jpg

Anyone knows what frame this is?

mtbr member
    Say's right on it Avalanche 1.0 and that's an XS frame suitable for a 4'10" to 5'2" rider
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126 View Post
    Say's right on it Avalanche 1.0 and that's an XS frame suitable for a 4'10" to 5'2" rider
    is it xs or s? The seller is advertising it as an S size gt 1.0

mtbr member
    XS...the seller is only trying to broaden his potential buying audience.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
    Let's try this again.

my bike..
    my wife's bike...
    Really like both bikes alot. very clean... Nice Bikes..
    Buy The Ticket Take The Ride!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnucklehead View Post
    Really like both bikes alot. very clean... Nice Bikes..
    Thanks.. My wife and I are really pleased with our GT Avalanches 1.0's... We only do leisure rides and light XC trails and it's more than capable for us. If I had to do my purchase all over again, I would still buy the same but only sooner.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

My New 2011 Avalanche 2.0 & 2008 Avalanche 2.0

Just purchased the newest addition to my GT fleet. Another great riding bicycle. The only thing I do not like about the bike is the way the cables are attached. The frame does not have standard cable ferrell stops. The cables attach to the frame via cheap clips. Not sure what GT was thinking on this one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-picture1.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-picture2.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-picture3.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-picture4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

kababayans

Thanks.. My wife and I are really pleased with our GT Avalanches 1.0's... We only do leisure rides and light XC trails and it's more than capable for us. If I had to do my purchase all over again, I would still buy the same but only sooner.

you guys are where I'm from. where do you ride?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vespa14 View Post
    you guys are where I'm from. where do you ride?
    We live in Manila and just started mountain biking. So far, we've only rode in Camp Aguinaldo (that's where the picture was taken) and around the village together. But I also bike to work every day (weather permitting).

My goal is to become a regular weekend warrior at La Mesa, Maarat, and Timberland. Then on vacations ride/tour around the Philippines (example: Bohol, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, etc).

And you? Where do you ride? Hope to see you on some trails in the future.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    We live in Manila and just started mountain biking. So far, we've only rode in Camp Aguinaldo (that's where the picture was taken) and around the village together. But I also bike to work every day (weather permitting).

My goal is to become a regular weekend warrior at La Mesa, Maarat, and Timberland. Then on vacations ride/tour around the Philippines (example: Bohol, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, etc).

And you? Where do you ride? Hope to see you on some trails in the future.
    great! tour of the Philippines sounds really good, good luck with that!
    have been riding for 15years but most of them overseas (where I have lived the past 11)

It's amazing how mtbking really took off in the last couple of years (5-6); when I started riding there weren't too many "recognized" trails, you had to find most of them on your own. back then we rode on the road most of the time with the roadies (we fitted skinnies on our mtb's); nowadays pretty much everybody I know is into mtbking! trails are getting better! bike shops are everywhere!

hope to ride some trails back home soon (but that would mean early retirement for me, haha). keep on riding!
    padyak lang ng padyak!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

GT i-Drive 4 4.0

New to the community and love all the information passed along here. Here is my GT i-Drive 4 4.0. I purchased her in 2007 from Performance Bikes and was hooked. I've done some upgrades in the past month so here she is all shiny and clean before i get her all dirty again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-gt_1024x768.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    nice bike! nice truck!

mtbr member
    Just finished this long overdue build up (a short history here Custom Aluminum GT SS Frame build-up)

GT FIEND
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaman 2 View Post
    Just finished this long overdue build up (a short history here Custom Aluminum GT SS Frame build-up)

damn gotta love that singlespeed, awesome bike! must be so fun to ride.

GT FIEND
    Quote Originally Posted by metroaviator View Post
    The only thing I do not like about the bike is the way the cables are attached. The frame does not have standard cable ferrell stops. The cables attach to the frame via cheap clips. Not sure what GT was thinking on this one!
    Agreed, it's very annoying. I had to put hockey tape after almost falling when one of the cables went off while pedaling..It's a little "ugly" but I feel way safer. Less head rotation movement too but it doesn't matter since this is not a freeride bike anyway..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-023.jpg  

CT3
    Hoodwink
    Quote Originally Posted by SGP495 View Post
    Agreed, it's very annoying. I had to put hockey tape after almost falling when one of the cables went off while pedaling..It's a little "ugly" but I feel way safer. Less head rotation movement too but it doesn't matter since this is not a freeride bike anyway..
    I use zip ties as replacements when they fall off. Much better looking then wrapping the whole tube

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

My latest project

My first "real" bike was a GT Outpost. I rode the snot out of that bike. I replaced the forks twice before it was stolen.
    Fast forward a couple of decades, I still hanker for triple triangle love and found this frame on Craigslist for $40.
    It is a alloy frame with a U brake and one piece drop outs that date it around '91/'92, so I am thinking Pantera? Zasakar would be awesome, but I am not that lucky. Looking forward to stripping it and building a fixed/single speed out of it.

I can't post pictures until I have 10 posts
    The serial number on the inside of the dropout is H2AO1846

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher.kaprielian View Post
    My first "real" bike was a GT Outpost. I rode the snot out of that bike. I replaced the forks twice before it was stolen.
    Fast forward a couple of decades, I still hanker for triple triangle love and found this frame on Craigslist for $40.
    It is a alloy frame with a U brake and one piece drop outs that date it around '91/'92, so I am thinking Pantera? Zasakar would be awesome, but I am not that lucky. Looking forward to stripping it and building a fixed/single speed out of it.

I can't post pictures until I have 10 posts
    The serial number on the inside of the dropout is H2AO1846
    Would have to be a 92 Pantera by the serial number. Which shows it was Hodaka built in 92 and the fact it has a u-brake.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Would have to be a 92 Pantera by the serial number. Which shows it was Hodaka built in 92 and the fact it has a u-brake.
    That jives with what I figured while studying this site and the catalogs, though it's always nice to get an expert's opinion.
    Now, what is the best way to strip off the faded purple paint on this thing?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sybarite View Post

Here's my interpretation of an all urban GT single speed bike. - Maybe it's not your cup of tea, but that's okay.

Tom
    Awesome bike and great pictures, I saved the zoom one for a desktop background, I hope you don't mind.
    Looks like what I want to do with my Pantera frame, maybe with slightly more aggressive tires.
    Good Job!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher.kaprielian View Post
    Awesome bike and great pictures, I saved the zoom one for a desktop background, I hope you don't mind.
    Looks like what I want to do with my Pantera frame, maybe with slightly more aggressive tires.
    Good Job!

Is the purple paint original? Most not be.... Panteras were made in silver or red in 1992.
    Had to have been repainted.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

GT Peace 26er 650B conversion

Fits and rides great!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I finally laid my Tequesta to rest. Here is the new addition to the family. The 29r is really comfortable and more maneuverable than I thought it would be.
    Manitou Tower 80mm
    SRAM X9 shifters, XO rear derailleur
    XT front derailleur
    IRD 991 chain
    Easton XC2 wheels
    Thomson stem
    Hellbent bars
    Kenda Small block eight tires

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    New guy here.

About 2 months ago I decided I was getting bored fishing for summer, spring and fall fun, so I dusted off my old hard tail mtn bike and got it all sorted out/tuned up.

Then for some reason about 5 weeks ago, I bought a brand new Cannodale Synapse (road bike) to mix things up. To get back in shape, I put slicks on my hardtail and using it has a sort of enduro if you will. Doesn't currently do street or dirt well but can do both to a point.

This last weekend I just bought another brand new ride, a leftover 2010 GT Force 2.0, size large. OMG this thing is freakin' sweet. I got it at REI for a price I couldn't pass up. I loved the 2010 white scheme. I didn't think I would ever find one and went to an REI in another city to check out some of their stock and my dream bike was sitting there.

I ordered some stuff from Jensen, which I'm hoping will be her later this week and I will put up some pics then.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    My mid 90's Outpost with some new upgades which makes it almost complete :

My Outpost - upgraded ! :)

Rebmem Rbtm
    Quote Originally Posted by dabspok View Post
    I finally laid my Tequesta to rest. Here is the new addition to the family. The 29r is really comfortable and more maneuverable than I thought it would be.
    Manitou Tower 80mm
    SRAM X9 shifters, XO rear derailleur
    XT front derailleur
    IRD 991 chain
    Easton XC2 wheels
    Thomson stem
    Hellbent bars
    Kenda Small block eight tires

Very Nice Build!

gotta get up to get down

08 Force

Built up a friend's '08 Force frame (comin from entry level hardtail) and I'm Lovin' it!

It's a smooooooth ride, and it pedals great. It's time to get better so I can ride it to its full potential.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-0922111151.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Yay! I can post photos now!

OK, my '92 Pantera in all of it's painted piecemeal glory.
    Mocked up with random parts from my stash.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vpalisoc View Post
    New to the community and love all the information passed along here. Here is my GT i-Drive 4 4.0. I purchased her in 2007 from Performance Bikes and was hooked. I've done some upgrades in the past month so here she is all shiny and clean before i get her all dirty again.
    Beautiful!!! The white Fox has transformed your bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Just picked this up last night off craigslist. Now i need to start upgrading parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-2011-09-24174632.jpg  

mtbr member
    By size and spec it looks to be a 14.5" Tempest?

Compulsive Fiddler
    Sep 2011

Anybody know what I've got here?

Another new guy here, hoping to find out a little about a GT I've had since the mid to late 90s. It is an early 90's-ish steel GT MTB, unknown model (that's what I'm trying to find out...), that was the pet project of our LBS owner. He's a large fellow, former football player, like 6'5", 250#, and rode this bike Hard for a couple/few years. He couldn't kill it though, so when he had a hankering to build a new bike, I bought this GT from him, and have been riding it since. As steel bikes do, it was slowly trying to return to the earth, so last year I had it blasted and powder coated, and rebuilt it with some fresh bits where necessary, and with a less mountain bike-ish focus. It's mostly a paved path townie terrorizer now, with high pressure slicks, very close ratio gearing, and a set of long bar ends re-purposed by mounting them inboard of the shifters and brakes, giving me a semi-TT riding position when i feel the need. Any info regarding model name, actual age, and place of manufacture is appreciated.

These first few I took just before I brought it to the blaster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-2921_960_ready-fortheblaster.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-2922_655_gtlogoonrearoftoptube.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-2925_655_rrdropoutbeforeblast.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-2929_655_insideofrrdropoutshowderailmount.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-2943_960_bottombracketserialnumbers.jpg  

mtbr member
    It's a 1992 model year frame, built in 10 of 91 as is noted by the serial number. Had the single finger/bolt rear derailleur hanger and groove tube top tube. Looks as though the original color was black so guessing it may have been a Richter 8.0.

Compulsive Fiddler
    Sep 2011

Anybody know what I've got here? (after)

This is closer to what the bike looks like now. Sorry about no side view, it was late at night and I had the wrong lens on the camera for wide work.

It's a 3x7 speed. When I got it, it had the same XT shifters, but older XT derails front & back. Both hubs are LX, M550, with a Sun Rhyno Lite on the back and a generic rim up front. Cranks are M550 also. Rock Shox Magnesium fork, with canti's up front and one of those big black U-Brakes in the back, mounted on the seat stays. Cables for both derails and the rear brake are routed through a channel on the underside of the top tube. The front derail cable came out of the top tube, wrapped around the seat tube, and then went down. The crossover cable for the U-brake wraps around the seat tube too. It had a GT branded steel quill stem that looked like a threadless rig, but wasn't. It's in the pictures I took after it first became rideable again, but has since been replaced with an ITM Tomahawk aluminum piece. Both derails are M750 range now. It had an old Selle Italia Flite saddle when I got it, I think the only padding it had was the vinyl cover. Felt like it anyway. It's got a S.I. Prolink Gel Flow now that is much more forgiving.

I can't think of anything else to add right now. Any guesses?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-3606_960_oldforkonrecoatedframe.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-3768_960_initialrebuild_upperhalffrontview.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-3769_655_initialrebuild_fork.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-3773_960_cockpitinitialrebuild.jpg  

Compulsive Fiddler
    Sep 2011
    It's a 1992 model year frame, built in 10 of 91 as is noted by the serial number. Had the single finger/bolt rear derailleur hanger and groove tube top tube. Looks as though the original color was black so guessing it may have been a Richter 8.0.
    Wow, that was fast! I didn't even get the "after" pix loaded yet! Thanks!

Never heard of that model before, not that that means much... Do you know where any other info/brochures/etc. about that might be found? (edit - Never mind, thanks. Amazing how much better google works when you know the name of what you are looking for...)

You are right about the derail hanger, that is probably the weakest link of the whole bike right now. If it gives up I think I'm S.O.L. as far as finding another. That's one of the reasons I don't take it in the woods any more.

mtbr member
    See my post below. Was likely a 92 GT Richter 8.0 judging by the original color (black). That was the only 1992 model that GT made in black. The cables running under the top tube is what GT called the "groove tube" top tube. Stem is a GT flip flop stem can be flipped 180 degrees for a different angle. The derailleur hangers are available from time to time on eBay. Retrocyclesuppy is one of the listers that has had them in the past ~$20-$25. Original advertisement picture for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    By size and spec it looks to be a 14.5" Tempest?
    Its a tempest but it a 16. I just ordered a new stem, crank, brakes front and rear and grips. Should all be here wednesday I cant wait.
    Last edited by ssmtb1; 09-26-2011 at 05:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I just realized that when i ordered the crank i clicked splined instead of square. So now im gonna order a new bottom bracket. Does anybody know what size i would need.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmtb1 View Post
    I just realized that when i ordered the crank i clicked splined instead of square. So now im gonna order a new bottom bracket. Does anybody know what size i would need.
    The same size as the one you actually have... Just measure the length of the spindle (in mm) and the diameter of the shell (should be 68 or 73mm)...

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    The same size as the one you actually have... Just measure the length of the spindle (in mm) and the diameter of the shell (should be 68 or 73mm)...

David
    Not so.....BB length spindle length is determined by the crank and chainline the bike frame is deigned to run. Most crank manufacturers list one spindle length for a 47.5mm chainline and another for a 50mm chainline. Most crank manufacturers also have a list that shows what length BB spindle fits each model of their cranks. What crank are you planning to run? Go to that crank manufacturers web site and order based upon the info they give you there. If it's a mid level GT frame post 93 but before 2000 it will be 73mm BB shell width.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Thanks for the help i think its a 95' tempest. i ordered a 73x 113 bb it a shimano es25 to go with the shimano alivio crankset i ordered. So i guess ill find out Wednesday if it fits.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Here's my brand spanking new leftover 2010 Force 2.0. Already modded it and haven't even ridden it yet. Will break it in very soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-bike-005.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-bike-002.jpg  

mtbr member
    Chad68: Very nice bike. Mucho gusto!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmtb1 View Post
    Thanks for the help i think its a 95' tempest. i ordered a 73x 113 bb it a shimano es25 to go with the shimano alivio crankset i ordered. So i guess ill find out Wednesday if it fits.
    If you have a 1995 Tempest, The BB shell is 68mm, I just recently restored the same model year frame!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

1999 GT Outpost Trail

I've been riding this bike on the Baltimore & Annapolis Trail from the South end of the trail to BWI Airport (Dorsey Road) and back, 33.5 miles, early Saturday mornings.

Just replaced the Tange bottom bracket with a Shimano UN55 unit. At first, I tried the Shimano 122.5mm Spindle on a 68mm unit since the old Tange unit was a 122.5mm spindle on a 68mm unit. This was a fail as it put my biggest front ring out of reach of my front derailleur. Bought a second unit, a Shimano 118mm spindle on a 68mm unit. Perfect fit! By the way, the Shimano UN54 and UN55 difference is that the '55 has an aluminum left cup in place of the plastic cup on the '54.

Replaced the saddle with a Bontrager unit. Replaced the GT pedals with Shimano Deore units. Replaced grips with Ergon units.

Still rolling on Maxxis Worm Drive tires (original) but thinking about going to Schwalbe Kojaks for asphalt trail riding.

Added a Topeak saddle wedge to carry all of the junk and a Cateye wireless to get the basic numbers.

Great bike for $300 back in 1999!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-dscn4421.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-dscn4423.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-dscn4424.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-dscn4417.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Rodriguez View Post
    Hi !
    My Zaskar team (2005) for trainning, with atual components...

Here my Marathon for races....

Greetings from Brasil !
    where in Brasil are you? when i saw that pic above i was positive it was in brasil...then once you said greeting from brasil it confirmed my belief...i have relatives in rio and ive been down there a number of times...really nice, especially the beaches i just wish i had a good bike there
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    moved messed up post
    Last edited by dabspok; 10-15-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: moved

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Reposted for fun

Hope this lands where it should be. My Peace 9er.
    GT Peace 9er Rasta medium
    Manitou Tower Pro 80mm fork
    Easton XCtwo wheels, Kenda Small Block 8 tires
    Sram X09 shifters, XO rear derailleur, XT front derailleur, Sram 990 cassette 11-34, Deore crank,
    Avid Juicy 5 brakes, Chris King head set, Titek Hellbent bars, Thomson X4 stem
    Last edited by dabspok; 11-06-2011 at 05:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    06 Avalanche
    Easton Havoc AM wheelset
    Easton Carbon Monkeylite bars
    Manitou mars fork
    BB7's
    SLX Crankset
    forte seat and post (getting new seat soon)
    New fork (hopefully a reba) new rotors (185/160) and either a SLX, XT or XTR rear derailleur.

Slow build, but I've built her from ground up, part by part and loved every moment, just changing the crankset (from a Alivio) and the BB my bike dropped .92 of a pound.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    [/IMG]
    My 2009 Force 1.0 on trail 1A at Phoenix Mountain Preserve, looking out at the Mountains North West of Phoenix AZ!

[/IMG]
    Looking Northeast, those blue hills way off in the distance are 4 peaks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Good job!

Very nice ride,AZ desert looks like it's lots of fun ride in!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    AZ is amazing, its difficult to explain how beautifully technical and dangerous the terrain is!

Imagine your favorite downhill in the forest - However the trees are 12' tall cacti - All the trees and bushes are full of thorns - the earth itself is nothing but a bed of baby skull sized rocks, broken shale rock, and hard dirt!
    Then spackle the environment with 4 different types of cacti. One that actually resembles the film Critters and rolls into the trail like a ball of nails.

Its awesome! until you fall!

mtbr member

My GT Peace

Here's my GT,
    Wasn't sure how SS would feel after being used to gears for such a long time,pretty much stock standard, I have recently changed the front to a 29er and I must say I like the ride.
    My other bike is a hardtail but I keep coming back to my SS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-gt-peace-001.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-gt-peace-002.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-hali000-002.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-gt-peace-005.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Great bikes

mtbr member
    you can tell that is a really good bike,when the name is written on the end of the top tube.

mtbr member
    kikaha - very artsy! I like it

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Classic! Great photo too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    man.. am dying to post up a pic of my own bike but i have not met 10 posts =( just reg yesterday.

anyway since i'm accumulating posts.. my ride as follows:

2000 zaskar LE
    2006 SID team
    Avid BB discs
    FSA carbon team issue cranks w/ egg beaters
    XT/XTR mix in drivetrain
    XTR lever/shifter combo
    amercian classic hubs with mavic 517s
    thomson post
    ea70 stem
    crank bros iodine 3 bar
    selle italia flite

am looking to replace the following:
    fork - maybe a fox float 100 RLC/manitou R7
    drive train - am running 3x9, tinking of changing to 2x10 XT groupset, which will also replace my Avid BB discs (which will cost a bomb)
    tinking of swapping crank brothers risers for easton flats, possibly ec70 flats

any thoughts or recommendations? i live in singapore, would appreciate it too if anyone knew how much the above upgrades would cost

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My Zaskar
    not sure the year info would be great

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Zoltan View Post
    My Zaskar
    not sure the year info would be great
    1995, I believe...

mtbr member
    Definitely a 1995 model year Ink Blue anodized Zaskar equipped with Deore XT M737/738 components.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    niiiccceeeee Zoltan!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    niiiccceeeee Zoltan!
    thank you! It's a very fun bike.

mtbr member
    Yeah, those anodized blue zaskars are my favorite. I ended up with a blue and gold one though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-zaskar.jpg  

Last edited by bridgestone14; 11-09-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Add picture
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Some very nice bikes in this thread, I will post mine when I am allowed.

mtbr member

GT Pantera model 95... or so

Hi guys. Here is a pic of my old GT Pantera (re-painted 2 times due to heavy scratches from... hard falls )
    I bought just the frame from a guy during 1997, and i added everything else by myself. Original color was blue and worn out, so i removed it and re-painted in GT yellow.
    Weels: Mavic 217 SUP + DT Hugi spokes + Shimano STX-RC hubs
    Fork: Manitou Magnum R
    Brakes: Shimano Deore XT + Deore LX levers
    Derailleur: Front and rear Shimano STX-RC + STX levers
    Cassette Sprocket: Shimano STX-RC (HG, 8 sprockets)
    Crank: Deore LX
    Pedals: Shimano PD-M434 (SPD)
    Steer: Icon + Ritchey
    Headset: Orbit FSA XLII
    Saddle: VETTA Lasar leather + kevlar + titanium rails
    I like very much the frame, is long (i feel very safe in strong climbs) and stiff. Rims are heavy worn out after 14 years of use from the pads of V-brakes. It is a chance for an upgrade with disk brakes!!! If i have money left over
    Glad to meet you GT freaks.
    Greetings from Greece
    Fotis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-gt-bike4_1.jpg  

Braugh Bro.
    I love GT's I seem to have built up a little collection here.

1. My Monster, 2006 GT Idrive 7 Ruckus 2.0. Bought as a NOS frame from Nashbar for 100$ and built up from there.

Parts List:
    Fork: 2005 Marzocchi 66r 150mm
    Rear Shock: Fox Vanilla RC
    Wheelset: Sunline V1dh
    Tires: WTB Weirwolf LT 2.55
    Brakes: Avid bb7 180mmf 160mmr
    Levers: Mismatched, one speed dial 7, one FR5
    Bars: Raceface Diabolus
    Grips: ESI Chunky
    Stem: Azonic Baretta
    Headset: FSA Hammer
    Shifter: Sram x7
    Rear Derailleur: Sram x7
    Cassette: Shimano 12-36t 9 speed.
    Crankset: Raceface Ride AM, with Nashguard and Blackspire blackguard with Blackspire stinger
    Pedals: Nashbar Highlander
    Seatpost: Crank Bros joplin
    Saddle: Gusset R plaid.

About 41lbs built the way it is.

2. My Speedster, 2011 GT Zaskar 29er Pro. Bought the frame off of Ebay and built it up all custom and such.

Parts List:
    Fork: Fox f29 100mm
    Wheelset: Front: SunRingle Discoflea. Rear: Wtb speeddisk All Mountain (gonna be replaced with a lighter matching set eventually)
    Tires: Front: Maxxis Ardent 2.4, Rear: Wtb Exiwolf 2.3
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 5 160mm
    Bars: Syncros Fixed
    Stem: Truvativ AKA
    Shifter: Sram x7
    Rear Derailleur: Sram x9
    Cassette: Shimano xt 11-34
    Crankset: Raceface Evolve, 32t and Bashguard, with Ngear Jumpstop
    Pedals: Wellgo DH
    Seatpost: Sette Venn
    Saddle: Avenir 300 series (seriously the best saddle I have ever ridden)

Weighs around 27lbs

3. My good old retro squishy. 2001 GT Idrive 6.0.

Parts List:
    Fork: 2001 Marzocchi Z.1 Mcr 130mm
    Rear Shock: Fox Float
    Wheelset: Velocity Synergy in Yellow, GT front hub, STX rear hub.
    Tires: Forte Pisgah 2.3 front, 2.1 rear
    Brakes: XTR
    Levers: Avid FR5
    Bars: UNO 680mm wide riser Gold
    Stem: Titec Big Al
    Shifters: Sram Attack grip shifters
    Front Derailleur: Shimano alivio
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR mid cage
    Cassette: Shimano 11-32
    Crankset: Shimano XT hollowtech 1, 22-32-bash
    Pedals: Shimano dual spd
    Seatpost: Deity Tibia
    Saddle: Nashbar F1

Right around the 30lb mark.

4. And the Frankenstein I threw together with spare parts yesterday, 1994 GT Karakoram.

Parts List:
    Fork: 1998 Manitou Xvert T 120mm (I think)
    Wheelset: Sun Rhynolite with XT hubs
    Tires: WTB Prowler MX 2.5 front, Intense DH 2.35 rear
    Brakes: Noname Junk
    Levers: Noname Tektro
    Bars: FSA Gravity Maximus
    Stem: Noname
    Cassette: 18t
    Crankset: Truvativ fived 32t
    Pedals: Wellgo DH
    Seatpost: Noname
    Saddle: Wtb Rocket V

Weight: about 32lbs (has thorn resistant tubes)

mtbr member
    Buggy - I like your Karakoram in a non-traditional, wacky build sorta way. How is that fork working out?

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linoleum View Post
    Buggy - I like your Karakoram in a non-traditional, wacky build sorta way. How is that fork working out?
    Its a fun bike to screw around on. Fork works out well, it has an astonishingly low A/C length, so it handles well on the frame which was designed around a 45mm fork. The 120mm manitou xvert has roughly the same A/C length as an 80mm rockshox psylo (only point of referrence I have)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    4. And the Frankenstein I threw together with spare parts yesterday, 1994 GT Karakoram.
    dude sweet frame where did you find this?

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by scmalex View Post
    dude sweet frame where did you find this?
    Some jerk bought it on Craigslist and stopped using it, so I punched him in the nuts and took it from him.

Sound familiar?
    Go home Alex

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    Some jerk bought it on Craigslist and stopped using it, so I punched him in the nuts and took it from him.

Sound familiar?
    Go home Alex
    but i am home!
    at least its getting ridden by someone.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

hi guys.. my 2000 zaskar le =)

headset: chris king
    fork: sid team
    cranks: fsa team issue carbon
    pedals: egg beaters
    cogs: xt
    fd :xt
    rd :xtr
    brakes: avid bb7
    wheels: american classics on mavic 517s
    stem: ea70
    handlebar: ec90 flat bar
    levers: xtr
    shifters: xtr
    seatpost: thomson elite
    saddle: selle italia flite
    Last edited by limzhong; 11-23-2011 at 02:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    After riding a Specialized Epic for the last 8 years, went the hardtail route and love it...
    20lbs on the nose, handles great and love to climb with it..

mtbr member
    Man that is such a cool bike. Are those carbon rims?
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgestone14 View Post
    Man that is such a cool bike. Are those carbon rims?
    Thanks, yes the wheelset is carbon, they are dt swiss xcr 1250.

Mountain Bike addict

gt richocet

gt richocet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-sam_2206.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2205.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2199.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2198.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2196.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2195.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2194.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    my trailbike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-2011-11-24_13-24-02_960.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmanuel_rn View Post
    my trailbike.
    nice and simple...GT's are great bikes, indeed!
    (BTW - I caught the sticker on the fork...shhhhh)

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My 1999 GT LTS XR1000 Picked the frame up for $100 off craigslist and built it from scratch... Rides like a dream on the trails!!
    Just need some disc brakes now.. sucks to have to get rid of the XTR's on there now though!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FC_Bryan View Post
    Just need some disc brakes now.. sucks to have to get rid of the XTR's on there now though!
    keep em on there! they work really well with nicer pads and avid levers.
    love the color of your bike though!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    WOW that green is hideous ....... I LIKE IT

Mountain Bike addict

Smile don't need disc brakes.

don't need disc brakes.
    v brakes are still very good.especially if they are xtr dual pivot brakes.
    disc brakes are heavier and have smaller tolerences if the disc warps for pad rubbing.
    my avid v brakes work well

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbruess View Post
    don't need disc brakes.
    v brakes are still very good.especially if they are xtr dual pivot brakes.
    disc brakes are heavier and have smaller tolerences if the disc warps for pad rubbing.
    my avid v brakes work well
    to each his own...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    nice and simple...GT's are great bikes, indeed!
    (BTW - I caught the sticker on the fork...shhhhh)
    hahahaha!

Braugh Bro.
    The xtr v brakes on my GT I-Drive stop better than my Avid Juicy 5's, and just about as well as my avid bb7s. I run them with Koolstop Tectonic pads and avid Fr-5 levers.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Any help with this bike. what year? any other info

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by BOTTOM'S UP View Post

2000's era, can't see any model markup, but probably an aggressor, avalanche or similar.

Give us the model at least and we'll get the year based on color scheme and components level.

You can also check out bikepedia.com to see if you find it. You should.

David
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

banned

Looks like a 2004 Avalanche 2.0

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    2000's era, can't see any model markup, but probably an aggressor, avalanche or similar.

Give us the model at least and we'll get the year based on color scheme and components level.

You can also check out bikepedia.com to see if you find it. You should.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    Looks like a 2004 Avalanche 2.0
    It is a avalanche 2.0. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Why does bikepedia not show a 2004 model?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    This is my wife's 1995 Timberline FS. All original down to the tires.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by BKiller Fantom View Post
    This is my wife's 1995 Timberline FS. All original down to the tires.

Nice

My bro got a '96 Timberline FS frame with original Quadra fork and drive train. Build it up for winter commute About 30 pounds of soft steel goodness to haul his ass But his frame has the dark paint with blue electric spots all over. Funky paint like they don't do anymore.

David

banned
    EDIT: Why does bikepedia not show a 2004 model?
    Dunno... Here it is on velospec:
    GT Avalanche 2.0 (2004) bike | VeloSpec - bikes and components specifications

Let the good times roll.
    Just put together a Sanction to play with over the winter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-__kdk_0922.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-__kdk_0923.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-__kdk_0925.jpg  

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    picked this up earlier this week for $325... '09 GT Peace 9r SS... my 1st SS... looking forward to getting out to the trail with her sold off all my bikes 1 1/2 years back to fund a misson trip and just now getting back to cycling ...

- Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

iDrive Team

Bought this bike on CL a few years ago. The iDrive bearings went and the frame cracked, so I found a guy who was willing to sell me his frame and rebuilt the bike. Love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-img_0088.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-img_0089.jpg  

Mountain Bike addict

here's my GT Avalanche

here's my GT Avalanche
    Photos taken at Liverpool shopping centre in Sydney Australia
    I bought at the local sunday markets.
    It rides well and has straight rear derailiuer
    It has tektro v brakes which are strong and provides instant stopping power.
    It has rockshocks judy tt front forks.
    It is about medium size.The seat tube is a bit too long and high as it extends well beyond the frame.
    i ride it around my local area and it goes well and smooth.it has shimano deore gears and brake lever combination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-sam_2090.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2091.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2092.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2093.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2094.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2097.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2098.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2099.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-sam_2100.jpg  

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxp356 View Post
    Bought this bike on CL a few years ago. The iDrive bearings went and the frame cracked, so I found a guy who was willing to sell me his frame and rebuilt the bike. Love it!
    Beautiful bike. Shame about it giving out on you. I'm a sucker for I-drives. I hope mine lasts a good long while. Had mine for about a year, and until I recently built up a freeride/dh bike, I used it as a pseudo FR/DH bike, taking it off of big jumps and fast steep decents, and it has held up for me so far. Hopefully the abuse I have given it wont come back to bite me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

at the trailhead

just finished riding and taking a rest at the trailhead before heading back down. also, a view from the said trailhead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-2011-12-02_17-57-11_516.jpg  

Post your GT here!!!-2011-12-02_17-57-25_762.jpg  

mtbr member
    Its a little drier on my trail......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-img_20111204_092810.jpg  

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast