Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 2212
  1. #1101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5
    I am new to the forums and mountain biking in general and just purchased a 11 GT Avalanche 1.0 and it is awesome I purchased it two days ago and took it out on the trail for the first time yesterday. The first pic is in the store when i bought it and the second is after I took it out for the first time yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-photo-may-28-2-16-46-pm.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-photo-may-29-4-47-22-pm.jpg  


  2. #1102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    298

    2005 i-Drive 2.0

    Here is my brother's 2005 i-Drive 2.0 I just finished building for him from the frame up! took it for the first test ride right before the picture was taken.




    And some detail shots:





    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

    Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

  3. #1103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: altisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15

    Which bicycle is?

    Hi all, this is my first post.

    15 years ago I bought a GT from a friend, and I always think it was a Zaskar, but reading all the post here I¨m confused.
    Maybe is a Panter I don´t know.

    The frame is aluminium, Manitou forks, Deore XT, Flat GT cap, and the frame number is H2A01732.

    I really like this bike and often a ride it, I have also a nine 29r, but I felt really good in this bike.

    Right now I´m taking all paint off and I¨ll polish to a new look, also I change the fork, switch to Suntour XCR.

    Greetings from Colombia

  4. #1104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by altisimo View Post
    Hi all, this is my first post.

    15 years ago I bought a GT from a friend, and I always think it was a Zaskar, but reading all the post here I¨m confused.
    Maybe is a Panter I don´t know.

    The frame is aluminium, Manitou forks, Deore XT, Flat GT cap, and the frame number is H2A01732.

    I really like this bike and often a ride it, I have also a nine 29r, but I felt really good in this bike.

    Right now I´m taking all paint off and I¨ll polish to a new look, also I change the fork, switch to Suntour XCR.

    Greetings from Colombia
    It's a 1992 Pantera frame. Your serial number indicates that it was built at Hodaka (H) in Taiwan. The 2 after the H indicates that it's a 1992 frame. 92 Pantera's were originally either painted silver or red so if yours is naked aluminum someone stripped the paint off.
    Maybe able to find traces of the original paint in the head tube or bottom bracket.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

  5. #1105
    mtbr member
    Reputation: altisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126 View Post
    It's a 1992 Pantera frame. Your serial number indicates that it was built at Hodaka (H) in Taiwan. The 2 after the H indicates that it's a 1992 frame. 92 Pantera's were originally either painted silver or red so if yours is naked aluminum someone stripped the paint off.
    Maybe able to find traces of the original paint in the head tube or bottom bracket.
    Yes, the bike was painted silver.
    Can you tell me what is the difference between the two frames (Zaskar and Pantera.

  6. #1106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,975
    Zaskar's are 6061 aluminum. Pantera's were 7005, about a half pound heavier back then. Rear stays were a 1/4 shorter on the Zaskar also.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

  7. #1107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    41

    Custom Avalanche

    Built this up over the years as a cross country racer.
    XTR front and Rear Der & Chain
    SLX Crank
    XT Shifters/brake levers
    LX parallel push V-brakes
    XT Hubs laced to Velocity Rims with DT Swiss spokes
    + Stans conversion kit w/ Continental Race Kings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-dsc02412.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-dsc02418.jpg  


  8. #1108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    709
    Some nice a$& GT's in here!

    My FIRST mountain bike, I used to ride BMX (mainly dirt) I've had a few GT's (couple Bumps) and a Haro Backtrail x4.
    03 3.0
    Got this for $140, rides and looks barely used (it's dirty in the picture) shfts smooth and rides really nice and super light.


    Plans:
    new pedals
    8 speed shifter
    8 speed cassette (11-30)
    new wheel set for disc's
    avid bb5/7's
    possibly a new fork
    then giving it to my GF after I get some more experience (she has a cheapo mongoose) and then I'll probably get a newer GT (force hopefully )

  9. #1109
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kaymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92
    2011 Force 2.0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1307587895.938848.jpg  


  10. #1110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    my gt sensor 9er pro arrives at home:


  11. #1111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    what are u lookin' at?!

    Last edited by brianrf; 06-08-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: wrong pic

  12. #1112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Relaxing after the ride home


  13. #1113
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gossy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    Here is my 2010 GT Force 3.0 with a few changes.

    It was Matt Blue to start with, but I'm also into car detailing so I got the buff out and gave it a once over and am really pleased with the result.





  14. #1114
    no excuses
    Reputation: txF5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    113
    My Sensor 29r pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-img_20110607_183639.jpg  

    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

  15. #1115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    961
    Nice! What's the weight on it? I almost want one. Love the color but dont need that much travel.
    Still loving my GT's!! find me on the "GT Bike Group" page on FB. I hardly ever hang out in here anymore.

  16. #1116
    no excuses
    Reputation: txF5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    113
    It weighs 29lbs... a few changes and it will be closer to 26lbs... I am impressed with this bike coming from my Cannondale 26r Flash
    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

  17. #1117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    43
    I'm going to sell this thing soon but not before I find the perfect full suspension ride. I have loved riding it all these years. It climbs like an elevator!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-pictures-2011-035.jpg  


  18. #1118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by droptheclaw View Post
    I'm going to sell this thing soon but not before I find the perfect full suspension ride. I have loved riding it all these years. It climbs like an elevator!

    I was going to strip my paint and get that same decal set on ebay.

  19. #1119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    43
    Definately my favorite GT graphic ever made. The red fade to black is awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-close-gt.jpg  

    Last edited by droptheclaw; 07-10-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typo

  20. #1120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Gt xcr1000

    Hi All,

    Not posted on here in a while, however as soon as I saw that we had a GT thread i was back in the game. I recently re-built a GT XCR 1000 that I Found in a barn, it had been sitting there for ages apparently so i just had to get it a bring it back to its former glory.........

    And as soon as I have posted 5 more posts i will be allowed to post the pictures LOL

    Watch this space.

    Here she is

    Last edited by mickeygtlover; 06-15-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Adding Images

  21. #1121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

  22. #1122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    709
    New craknset (22/32/42 from 28/38/48) just a low end one(shimano alivio 175mm), but it's a lot better then what was on there (8 year old suntour garbage) and new cage pedals.
    getting new wheelset and bb5/g2's next week.
    and after that, saving for a new bike (giving this one to my gf so she can give her mongoose to my mom who wants a cheap bike) haven't decided what I want yet though, new avalanche 2.0/1.0 or a used idrive.

  23. #1123
    Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Reputation: Adam_B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    695
    my 2010 Avalanche 1.0. Got a great deal on it a few months ago. $450 brand new
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-1.jpg  

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles
    That depends. Can you go fvck yourself?

  24. #1124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17

    1994 GT Zaskar

    A couple of shots of my Zaskar. I just got it back up and running after being out of the game for some time. This bike has kicked butt on trails in IL,WI, CO,UT,and NV. I can't wait to get on the trails again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-dsc_0133small.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-dsc_0135small.jpg  


  25. #1125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    my Karakoram X I spent some $$ and tricked out my new bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-cimg0715.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-cimg0716.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-cimg0717.jpg  

    Last edited by Rip9; 06-19-2011 at 09:24 AM.

  26. #1126
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gossy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    ^^^^^^^^ me likey

  27. #1127
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Megaman 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by vrclowncar View Post
    I just got done re-painting my Peace 9r so i figured I would post it over here too.

    Is that a decal in the front, the one with the wings? Looks great!

  28. #1128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    38
    MTBR has a notice to post more often so here we go.... 2000 Zaskar 1x9 conversion






  29. #1129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    709
    I love it for costing me less then $300 to build up just a little bit. Rides pretty nice aswell dialed in brakes damn near perfect.

    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1308539681582.jpg  


  30. #1130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    200

    My two GTs

    Here are my two gts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-gt-i-drive.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-avalanche.jpg  


  31. #1131
    GT FIEND
    Reputation: SGP495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    160
    hello!


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  32. #1132
    amp
    amp is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    26
    Here is mine, 2010 Force Carbon Expert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-imag0075.jpg  


  33. #1133
    no excuses
    Reputation: txF5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by txF5 View Post
    My Sensor 29r pro
    I have now added Answer Carbon Pro Taper bars, FSA SL-K seatpost and a woodman deathgrip clamp.
    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

  34. #1134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22
    Hi... How is this build coming along?

  35. #1135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    709
    going to try and pick up a newer style frame (either HT or FS) whichever I can find for a good price.

    new manitou fork, easton carbon monkeylite bars.
    getting new headset next since mine is crapping out on me.

  36. #1136
    Singleton
    Reputation: wheeliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    94
    My first MTB: GT Avalanche 2010 (S)





    Since I stand 5'9 and this bike's (above) frame is pretty small for me, then I asked the lbs to replace it with M size: GT Avalanche 2011 (M)

    Last edited by wheeliam; 07-04-2011 at 09:40 AM.

  37. #1137
    mtbr member
    Reputation: demonlarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    86


    my new 09 Outpost Disc

  38. #1138
    GT FIEND
    Reputation: SGP495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeliam View Post
    My first MTB: GT Avalanche 2010 (S)





    Since I stand 5'9 and this bike's (above) frame is pretty small for me, then I asked the lbs to replace it with M size: GT Avalanche 2011 (M)

    look its the same bike as yours that i got couple months ago. just finished ""upgrading"" it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-dsc00097.jpg  


  39. #1139
    mtbr member
    Reputation: y33dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    126
    I know.. I know... this is MTBR

    but being GT lovers... I figured someone would be able to appreciate my latest project.

    Found a 1994 GT Edge on craigslist a few months ago for dirt cheap. Bought a complete 2011 SRAM Rival build kit off eBay for a GREAT price...

    and viola

    Art on 2 wheels:


    Live
    Love

    SPIN

  40. #1140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip9 View Post
    my Karakoram X I spent some $$ and tricked out my new bike.
    Now that's an amazing bike!

  41. #1141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    256
    Just finished the Sensor 1.0 after a loooong time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-1106200001.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-1106200034.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-1106200060.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-1106200063.jpg  


  42. #1142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Hi all, this is my first post.

    a couple of days ago I bought a GT frame, but recognizes if it is original or is a copy ....
    serial number is: RZ8002120
    plus you have this number A174-M

    Pardon my English ....

    greetings from chile

  43. #1143
    GT FIEND
    Reputation: SGP495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by streetmachine View Post
    Hi all, this is my first post.

    a couple of days ago I bought a GT frame, but recognizes if it is original or is a copy ....
    serial number is: RZ8002120
    plus you have this number A174-M

    Pardon my English ....

    greetings from chile
    You should start a new thread for that. It's probably the wrong place to post.

    You should upload a picture of what you think is a copy.

    My best advice for you would be to contact GT. When you go there chose your country

    and write them the situation with the serial number. If it's a copy they will probably tell

    you.


    Or wait to see what the more experienced members of the forum will say.


    Here's the link : http://www.gtbicycles.com/chl/contact

  44. #1144
    GT FIEND
    Reputation: SGP495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by mipi View Post
    Just finished the Sensor 1.0 after a loooong time!
    awesome bike!!

  45. #1145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by SGP495 View Post
    awesome bike!!
    Thank you very much. Everybody thinks it cost me a fortune, but it didn't. First I searched to find the parts I wanted on heavily discounted prices and second I like so much to built my bike the way I like. I did this with my Avalanche 1.0 and now with my first (and last hopefully) full suspension Sensor.
    Two bikes is more than I ever need.

  46. #1146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by mipi View Post
    Now that's an amazing bike!
    My thoughts exactly! That White bike of yours is SWEET !
    DFYFZX - "If you ride short, sprinty XC and love to ride every trail like aliens are chasing you"
    __________________

  47. #1147
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,975
    What does that thing weigh?
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

  48. #1148
    GT FIEND
    Reputation: SGP495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by mipi View Post
    Two bikes is more than I ever need.
    You're right! I should throw all the junkbikes I have

  49. #1149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    709
    03 Avalanche converted to 06, will hopefully be finished up tomorrow

  50. #1150
    Steady Creepin'
    Reputation: LuMach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by y33dave View Post
    I know.. I know... this is MTBR

    but being GT lovers... I figured someone would be able to appreciate my latest project.

    Found a 1994 GT Edge on craigslist a few months ago for dirt cheap. Bought a complete 2011 SRAM Rival build kit off eBay for a GREAT price...

    and viola

    Art on 2 wheels:


    As a GT road bike owner myself, I can certainly appreciate that. Beautiful bike, art on 2 wheels sums it up perfectly. I'll bet it rides smooth as silk too...

  51. #1151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126 View Post
    What does that thing weigh?
    If you mean my Sensor, I haven't weigh it yet but believe it will be around 27-27.5lb.

  52. #1152
    banned
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,993

    2001 GT Palomar

    2001 GT Palomar I bought and overhauled to sell to a co-worker.

    $30 bike, $25 crankset, $5 pedals and some elbow grease resulted in this $60 bike...

    Post your GT here!!!-img_6724.jpg

    Post your GT here!!!-img_6726.jpg

  53. #1153
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Nice job
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  54. #1154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    2001 GT Palomar I bought and overhauled to sell to a co-worker.

    $30 bike, $25 crankset, $5 pedals and some elbow grease resulted in this $60 bike...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6724.jpg 
Views:	7269 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	627778

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6726.JPG 
Views:	7003 
Size:	286.8 KB 
ID:	627779
    well done, sir!

  55. #1155
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    256
    Just weighted the Sensor. 12.38kg with pedals. The Xpedo magnesium flats weigh 240g so that makes the bike weigh 12.14kg without them (about 26.74lb).
    Very good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-1106200001.jpg  


  56. #1156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    208
    My '09 Force Carbon Expert.




  57. #1157
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    177
    How do you like your tire setup? Mine is almost opposite. I'm running the 2.55 Wierwolf LT up front but with the 2.3 Bronson in the rear.
    Trek 69er SS (in progress), Trek Superfly, GT Force Carbon Expert, Trek Madone 6.2

  58. #1158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    2001 GT Palomar I bought and overhauled to sell to a co-worker.

    $30 bike, $25 crankset, $5 pedals and some elbow grease resulted in this $60 bike...
    Jeez, where do you guys find these great deals on GT's??

  59. #1159
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Quote Originally Posted by jokun View Post
    Jeez, where do you guys find these great deals on GT's??
    Just look around bro'.

    There is plenty to find.


    ---
    - Sent from my iPhone while bikin'
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  60. #1160
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Xtyling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240
    My bike..



    My wife's bike...


  61. #1161
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Xtyling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240
    Let's try this again.

    my bike..
    my wife's bike...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-2010-gt-avalanche.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-2011-gt-avalanche.jpg  


  62. #1162
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Megaman 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
    Let's try this again.

    my bike..
    my wife's bike...
    Your bike is awesome, so clean!

  63. #1163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by heyitsmebob View Post
    How do you like your tire setup? Mine is almost opposite. I'm running the 2.55 Wierwolf LT up front but with the 2.3 Bronson in the rear.
    I haven't really pushed it yet, but so far traction has been great. I need to make more time to find some decent trails around here.

  64. #1164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    59
    Really liking the Mr and Miss bikes, wish my wife would go for a GT but she has a Jamis

  65. #1165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Xtyling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240
    Megaman 2: Thanks... I hope to get them dirty soon.

    justinhot996: Thanks... I bought them together on a clearance sale. I saw 2011 in white and was more impressed with the ball burnished color. Upon getting home, my wife said she preferred the white bike. Oh well, she can't have everything... Not to mention the white shows off more dirt therefore requires more cleaning, something she won't be doing.

  66. #1166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1
    Hi. It's my highly customized GT Timberline 2000 (yes, that are Magura HS-33 brakes)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-p1100151_.jpg  


  67. #1167
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    ^^ Nice one

    David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  68. #1168
    mtbr rememberer
    Reputation: johnny dollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    233
    I have the same frame and color, but mine is stock aside from pedals and grips. I like what you've done with yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch35 View Post
    Built this up over the years as a cross country racer.
    XTR front and Rear Der & Chain
    SLX Crank
    XT Shifters/brake levers
    LX parallel push V-brakes
    XT Hubs laced to Velocity Rims with DT Swiss spokes
    + Stans conversion kit w/ Continental Race Kings

  69. #1169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    31

    1995 GT Tempest

    I bought a used 1995 GT Tempest frame fairly cheap, had the frame powder coated and transformed this into my commuter bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-gt-thread-1.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-gt-thread-2.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-gt-thread-3.jpg  


  70. #1170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    31

    1997 and 2008 GT Avalanche

    Here are the other two bikes in my GT fleet. My 1997 Avalanche and my 2008 Avalanche 2.0.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-gt-1.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-gt-2.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-gt-3.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-gt-4.jpg  

    Last edited by metroaviator; 08-11-2011 at 04:50 PM.

  71. #1171
    banned
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,993
    metroavaiator, those are some nice bikes! I think i like that Tempest the best. The color is awesome.

  72. #1172
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by metroaviator View Post
    I bought a used 1995 GT Tempest frame fairly cheap, had the frame powder coated and transformed this into my commuter bike.
    I can pretty much assure you that if you continue to ride that bike "choppered" that bad it will fail at the head tube. That frame head tube was never designed to have that much stress put on it. At max you should maybe have a 70mm fork on that bike.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

  73. #1173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    31
    This bike is pretty much going to be used for urban riding, nothing hard core, just basic commuting. The fork absorbs the bumps in the road very nice. I use one of my two Avlanches for hard trail riding.
    Last edited by metroaviator; 08-11-2011 at 04:58 PM.

  74. #1174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126 View Post
    I can pretty much assure you that if you continue to ride that bike "choppered" that bad it will fail at the head tube. That frame head tube was never designed to have that much stress put on it. At max you should maybe have a 70mm fork on that bike.
    Thanks for the heads up on the fork and headtube. I have replaced the 100mm fork with an 80mm. Does not make the bike look so "Choppered". Hard to find anything smaller these days that is compatable with the front mechanical disk brake (Avid bb7).

  75. #1175
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Megaman 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    68
    [QUOTE=supersonic;6159852]A custom Zaskar Team:



    What year is this Team? It is gorgeous!

  76. #1176
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    [QUOTE=Megaman 2;8340185]
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    A custom Zaskar Team:



    What year is this Team? It is gorgeous!
    That is NICE. Very.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  77. #1177
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Xtyling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240
    Beautiful Zaskar... I like the fact that its simple and not over the top with bling... It also has a aggressive stealth bomber look. Props!

  78. #1178
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Megaman 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by oliversen View Post
    MTB Unterlagen aus "prähistorischer" Zeit
    here you will find, mostly German, but old catalogs. Your info about your Tequesta should be among it. Have fun browsing.

    oliversen
    Thank you so much for this link!!! Awesome to look through all of these!

  79. #1179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Bit of Advice.

    Hello all, Wondering if I could get some feedback. I have not had a bike in a number of years, and not really knowledgeable with brands and models. I was recently offered this 2008 GT Avalanche for $125, it is pretty much like new. Is that a good buy? I had planned on just buying a new budget bike at the big box store, but the price is about the same. Thought I should get some input. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-eeeee.jpg  


  80. #1180
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Quote Originally Posted by XBeatzX View Post
    Hello all, Wondering if I could get some feedback. I have not had a bike in a number of years, and not really knowledgeable with brands and models. I was recently offered this 2008 GT Avalanche for $125, it is pretty much like new. Is that a good buy? I had planned on just buying a new budget bike at the big box store, but the price is about the same. Thought I should get some input. Thanks in advance.
    Just remove that little sr suntour thingy at the front and this should be a nice bike... Maybe you will want to do some upgrade after, but if you like it, $125 is a good deal, maybe not the best, but not the worst either

    As long as you love your bike, price doesn't matter. Like your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  81. #1181
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Xtyling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240
    I agree.. for $125, that mint GT Avalanche is a good deal for a beginner bike. Yes you might score a better deal scouring through Ebay or CL, but why bother unless you are really strapped for cash or want an uber bike deal. You've got a sweet bike staring at you already.

    Buy the bike, put some miles on it, decide if you really like mountain biking and then decide what you want swapped out. This forum can help you with any advice you need down the road. Suggestions on which accessories to upgrade or add, where to ride and how to improve your skills.

    Lastly, tell the seller your story and ask if he will take $100 for the bike. Tell him at $100 you both come out winners.

    Good luck!

  82. #1182
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gti2k2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    19
    By all means, buy the GT. Big box store bikes are junk and no matter what you put on them later, they will still be junk. You'll have a good starter bike there and the price is great.

  83. #1183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6

    2000 GT Rebound

    This is my 2000 GT Rebound, only original parts are the frame, brake system and seat clamp. Upgraded to SRAM X0 shifters and RD, X9 FD, Truvative 3.3 Noir crankset, Truvative T30 handlebar, Custom Mavic XM 719 wheelset, Kenda Small block 8 tires, Rock Shoc Recon Silver TK Solo Air fork, Origin 8 headset and seat post, Forte Soft Tale saddle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-sdc11430.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-sdc11432.jpg  

    Post your GT here!!!-sdc11433.jpg  


  84. #1184
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    very nice! how are the grips?

  85. #1185
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,863
    Quote Originally Posted by cantu4of10 View Post
    This is my 2000 GT Rebound, only original parts are the frame, brake system and seat clamp. Upgraded to SRAM X0 shifters and RD, X9 FD, Truvative 3.3 Noir crankset, Truvative T30 handlebar, Custom Mavic XM 719 wheelset, Kenda Small block 8 tires, Rock Shoc Recon Silver TK Solo Air fork, Origin 8 headset and seat post, Forte Soft Tale saddle
    You just broke my heart... Original setup was way better looking, even if this new one is lot more better for performance, parts don't really match.

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  86. #1186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by vespa14 View Post
    very nice! how are the grips?
    The grips were a nice surprise, i'd never heard of the brand, they were recommended by my LBS because they matched :-), i was looking for comfort and got a great grip and comfort, they work well with or without gloves. If you check out the reviews, you'll see, its one of the most highly reviewed grips, so l got lucky.

  87. #1187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    You just broke my heart... Original setup was way better looking, even if this new one is lot more better for performance, parts don't really match.

    Well { certainly didn't mean to break any hearts but its cool to find a place that has a passion for GTs. I never really have liked the colors, the other option that year if I recall was black white and yellow. My master plan was to paint the frame flat black but its such a nice paint job that still looks new after 11 years. The only scratches are idiot marks I put on it when switching rear wheels, so I decided to leave it for now.

  88. #1188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2

    rebound

    Quote Originally Posted by cantu4of10 View Post
    Well { certainly didn't mean to break any hearts but its cool to find a place that has a passion for GTs. I never really have liked the colors, the other option that year if I recall was black white and yellow. My master plan was to paint the frame flat black but its such a nice paint job that still looks new after 11 years. The only scratches are idiot marks I put on it when switching rear wheels, so I decided to leave it for now.
    My 1999/2000 Rebound is in a very nice Grey....added Gray walled panaracer's to sweeten the look. BTW, Stock set-up was so poor even for the time, the Jett fork wasn't suited for anything off tarmac. Running a Black 2007 Tora 302 U-Turn now. This bike can take a beating, I'm a clydesdale (250lbs) and have had no problems with this frame since saving it from the local thrift shop in 2006. Added an A2Z disc adapter and ave been running discs since 2007, no problem. The lack of disc tabs was the only thing holding this frame back from a modern set-up. Currently a mix of LX/XT parts with SRAM Attack shifts. Just bought a Fuel off craigslist and now I have to part with my rebound to offset that purchase.

  89. #1189
    just browsing
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Hey guys, new to the forum here. I just bought a 2011 GT Aggressor 3.0. A bad quality picture is attached. I'll have better ones later once my camera is fixed. Sadly mine's nothing to brag about, just bone stock. Not quite as nice as the bikes I've seen posted on here so far but I'm just getting back into biking so I figure it's not a bad start. I really want to get some bar ends like I had on my old Mongoose to help in uphill climbs. If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it. Looking for perhaps a simple bolt on or ones that can be inserted into where the handlebar end caps are currently?

    Thanks and I look forward to learning a lot while I'm here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-11gt.jpg  


  90. #1190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    961
    Welcome to the GT family! LOL! Your bike is a great bike. I personally don't like bar ends but if I was going to get some, it would be the canecreek ones. They are small and do the job from what I hear. Here in Oklahoma we have alot of winding trails through many trees and bar ends kinda get a little grabby on the branches and bushes we have. That of course translates to a very fast sidways endo. Not good at all. Best of luck with your GT. Those frames are tough and very upgradeable.
    Still loving my GT's!! find me on the "GT Bike Group" page on FB. I hardly ever hang out in here anymore.

  91. #1191
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BKnucklehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16

    My LTS -2

    I just got this from flea market for $5.00...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-p1010930.jpg  

    Buy The Ticket Take The Ride!!!

  92. #1192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by cds329 View Post
    Hey guys, new to the forum here. I just bought a 2011 GT Aggressor 3.0. A bad quality picture is attached. I'll have better ones later once my camera is fixed. Sadly mine's nothing to brag about, just bone stock. Not quite as nice as the bikes I've seen posted on here so far but I'm just getting back into biking so I figure it's not a bad start. I really want to get some bar ends like I had on my old Mongoose to help in uphill climbs. If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it. Looking for perhaps a simple bolt on or ones that can be inserted into where the handlebar end caps are currently?

    Thanks and I look forward to learning a lot while I'm here!
    i have these short Tioga bar ends on; they're quite useful without getting too much tangled in the brushes, plus aesthetically they don't jut out too much like bull's horns; me likey!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  93. #1193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnucklehead View Post
    I just got this from flea market for $5.00...
    whooooaaaaaa!!!!! 5 bucks?!!!!

  94. #1194
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beecrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    183

    2000 GT Rebound

    Just picked this up this summer on CL for $75. Put a chain on it and lots-o-tlc. Needs a seat, other than that I love it! Just getting back into riding- its been 20 years!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-100_3725.jpg  


  95. #1195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
    I agree.. for $125, that mint GT Avalanche is a good deal for a beginner bike. Yes you might score a better deal scouring through Ebay or CL, but why bother unless you are really strapped for cash or want an uber bike deal. You've got a sweet bike staring at you already.

    Buy the bike, put some miles on it, decide if you really like mountain biking and then decide what you want swapped out. This forum can help you with any advice you need down the road. Suggestions on which accessories to upgrade or add, where to ride and how to improve your skills.

    Lastly, tell the seller your story and ask if he will take $100 for the bike. Tell him at $100 you both come out winners.

    Good luck!
    I agree that this price (~$125) is a good deal.

    I bought a 2008 GT Avalanche 2.0 (comes with Suntour XCR-LO, lockout) for $120 off Craigslist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-img_7831_med.jpg  


  96. #1196
    just browsing
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Finally got a better pic of my bike...and thanks for the tips guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your GT here!!!-dscf0088.jpg  


  97. #1197
    Braugh Bro.
    Reputation: Buggyr333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnucklehead View Post
    I just got this from flea market for $5.00...
    Damn, I thought my 50$ idrive was a bargain.


    Hey I'll give you 50$ for it!

  98. #1198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    31
    Nice bike I love the GT hardtails!
    Last edited by metroaviator; 08-26-2011 at 05:13 AM.

  99. #1199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpanzee00 View Post
    I agree that this price (~$125) is a good deal.

    I bought a 2008 GT Avalanche 2.0 (comes with Suntour XCR-LO, lockout) for $120 off Craigslist.
    I agree $125 is a great deal. I have the exact same bike except mine has the hydraulic disc brakes. I love the bike and ride it pretty much equiped as sold with the exception I have replaced the grips and the flat pedals for clipless.

  100. #1200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BKnucklehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    Damn, I thought my 50$ idrive was a bargain.


    Hey I'll give you 50$ for it!
    Thanks but I'm gonna keep it...
    Buy The Ticket Take The Ride!!!

Similar Threads

  1. GT Avalanche 1.0 and Specialized Hardrock Sport
    By zakh in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 04:28 AM
  2. Seat post & Seat rail postion
    By spacoli in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
  3. Is this where we post pics that aren't good enough for Pission?
    By Finch Platte in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 11:34 AM
  4. Seat post & Seat rail postion
    By spacoli in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 04:13 PM
  5. Pazzaz seatpost vs. Stock Spec Enduro post weight?
    By phil. in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 06:49 PM

Members who have read this thread: 118

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •