mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Please Help Identify My Frame

I just got this for cheap off of craigslist but don't know which frame it is since they did a horrible spray paint job over it. I'm assuming it's mid 90s. Any ideas? The serial number is HB359098 if that helps.

Also, any good links to find out the size for the BB, steerer tube, and seatpost? I don't have a bunch of different sizes I can try and don't have a caliper to measure. I'm trying to make this into a rigid singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    It can be anything, but my guess is 95 or 96 tequesta with the groovetube. it should be standard 1-1/8 headset and 73mm bb shell.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hatake View Post
    It can be anything, but my guess is 95 or 96 tequesta with the groovetube. it should be standard 1-1/8 headset and 73mm bb shell.
    Thanks hatake. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to GTs. What is the main difference between the different models they sold in the 90s? Just different geometry in the frames? They all seem very similar.

The groovetube would make sense. It does have a groove on the underside of the top tube.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Doesnt look like it but,is there a built in seatpost clamp?
    Ignore them till they go away.It's corporate policy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blog hogs View Post
    Doesnt look like it but,is there a built in seatpost clamp?
    Nope, the seatpost clamp came right off.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Not much difference that I am aware of. I really don't have any hard evidence to back my guess, but I think steel frame in mid 90s were pretty much the same, and differences in components was the model differences. Like Karakoram with TX, and Tequesta with LX. So without original components, it's almost impossible to tell what it was. What ever it is, it's a very well built frame (maybe on it heavier side).

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Anyone know what the seatpost size would be? I need to buy one and not sure what to get.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Ignore them till they go away.It's corporate policy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well, decided to strip the paint today to see if it would tell me what the frame was. Looks like an all terra ricochet. Any thoughts on this frame? Any way for me to tell the size of the frame?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    So does this narrow it down to a 1994 or 1993? According to bikepedia the ricochet went to aluminum in 1995. The original color appeared to be gray.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Looks like I was a few seconds too slow. Thanks mik_git. I'll measure mine to see what mine is relative to that 16" frame.

Sneaker man
    sorry, i had all the bikebedia pages open and thought the only one was 93, but looking gain 94 was steel too, whoops, so yea a 93 or 94

but 93 is grey, 94 is red...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/...7127293f4d2317

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    So my top tube was 22.5 and the seatpost was 20.5. The 16" frame in mik_git's post was 21/18.5. So can I assume this is an 18" frame?