mtbr member
    Sep 2007

peace 9r question

i want to upgrade my fork on my peace 9r. looking at the origin 8 black ops steel fork. but need some info
    1. what is the stock weight on the 9r fork?
    2. what is the off set on the stock fork?
    3. how long is the steerer on the stock fork?
    4 what heave other people used on their 9r's for forks?
    5. what do others suggest for a non carbon fork?

yak
    mtbr member
    Cant help too much, but the weight of the 09 fork is 1.5kg.
    I'm running a white bros rock solid on mine at the moment, but only because I temporarily stole it off my other bike. It only weighs 700g!! And it rides much much better.
    Long term I'm looking at getting a salsa cromoto grande - only 1kg & same height. Offset on the stock fork, I dunno.
    nice

808+909 = Party Good Time
    1. 1.3kg on 2008
    2. No idea but the rake is like 47mm
    3. Don't you own a Peace 9r? You should be able to see how much there is. I have cut probbaly 70mm off mine and still have enough room for my stem and 10mm of spacers.
    4. I don't even know what heave is?
    5. If you are after bang for buck then Salsa is your best option period. It's only 1kg, 80mm suspension correct, black and you can get them for like $95 from Speedgoat and others quite often. Check the 29er forum they will all say the same unless you can afford a WaltWorks fork.
    6. I didn't even know Origin 8 made a steel fork, I thought the Black Ops was only carbon.
    7. Search MTBR for 29er steel forks or post in the 29er forum and you'll get some very well informed answers.

Good luck

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    meant to say what HAVE others used not heave sorry. im gonna measure the steer tube my self didn't know if any one had it off hand, thanks for the input.