mtbr member
    Sep 2007

peace 9'r question

i got a peace 9'r ss and love it. it is the most fun i think i have ever had on two wheels my only gripe is not being able to use the front brake to endo. was wondering if bigger brakes would help this and more importantly if bigger brakes will even fit on the bike. i got the tektro brakes now and was gonna buy one of the adampters from pricepoint and a bigger rotor. is this somethign that can be done or should i just get better brakes?

808+909 = Party Good Time
    Got a Peace 9r also with the Tektro's and can do small endo's fine, might need the brakes setup a bit better. Otherwise some BB7's would be good enough to throw you over the handlebars... even better maybe some hyrdos then you could launch yourself as far as you want.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

thanks

don't get me wrong they do work good just seems like they should be better? i dont know maybe i am just used to the bb7's on the geared bike

mtbr member
    I put 8" rotors on mine, front and rear. I think the brake levers are the issue, not the calipers. I've ridden bikes with the same caliper but some nicer Avid levers, and they feel a lot more solid.

So I'd replace the levers or the rotors, or both.
    Former bike mechanic; current idiot.