Thread: peace 9r noise

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

peace 9r noise

last couple rides my 9r has been making a weird creeking noise when pedals are under power. it only seems to do it when i am sittign down and under power how ever seems lik it is comming from under me either the seat post or bottom bracket area. is this a common problem? and does anyone know what i may be?

mtbr member

try a couple things

check the rails on you seat. If they loose where they fit into the seat they may make a creaking noise. I had this problem once and took me forever to find it. Take out you seat post and clean it and the inside of the tube. That area could creek. Grease your pedals. If it is your BB put you hand on you crank and turn them. can you feel any grinding in there. Having the bottom bracket switched out is pretty cheap.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    a lot people have found the eccentric bottom bracket can creak after time. pull it out, wrap it in plumbers tape and put it back in, problem solved.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    cool thanks man. my only problem is that i have tried to take it out and can not do this, it barly spins to tighten the chain now

808+909 = Party Good Time
    They are generally quite stiff to turn but you can just take off the crank arms and undo the set screws that hold it still and it should pretty much just slide out normally. Might need a grease even...