mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Peace 9r Multi + Rampage 2.35 = Clearance issues?

I bought a pair of Rampage 29r tires for my Peace and noticed that my FD cage is rubbing against the rear tire when on the granny. I had the FD adjusted at my local shop to no avail. Now not only does the cage rub against the tire when on the granny ring, its also rubbing against the chain when it's on the 3 biggest gears.

Anybody else with the same set up having the same issues?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Cross-chaining. It is a common problem to have the chain rub on the FD cage when in the granny ring and trying to be in the few smallest gears in the back. Just don't do it. There is most likely a similar ratio to be found in the middle ring and a mid-large cassette gear.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Not cross chaining. Chain rubs against FD when the rear gears are on the 3 biggest gear (while on granny and mid chainring). The FD cage rubs against the rear tire when on the granny gear.

I will try rotating the FD body and see if it clears the tire.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    maybe ur BB doesnt have enough spacers so ur having to adjust your front derrailleur too close to the frame to be able to drop to the smallest chain ring? I don't know what that could be, other than your tire being too big for the setup.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Went 1x9 instead. Will figure out the issues next spring. Too little time to ponder the problem.

the test dummy
    i have a super wide rim on mine but the biggest ive ever been able to fit was a 2.3..... speaking of that bike i gotta get that going again its been sitting for way to long
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben